Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The single reason why Yamamoto had to die.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The single reason why Yamamoto had to die.

I really don't want to stray far off..

These are the things that I am sure of... (this is just me, you can argue)

1. Yamamoto didn't die to give way for Ichigo's Zanpakutou taking the limelight as the new strongest Fire based weapons.
    2. Yamamoto's zanpakutou was/maybe perceived as fire due to the heat it produces but actually, it is way way hotter than fire.. (His reiatsu that is)
    3. Point 2 supports the point that it will not be a reason for Kubo to kill Yamamoto to give way to ichigo just because of fire issues...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    I really don't want to stray far off..

These are the things that I am sure of... (this is just me, you can argue)

1. Yamamoto didn't die to give way for Ichigo's Zanpakutou taking the limelight as the new strongest Fire based weapons.
    2. Yamamoto's zanpakutou was/maybe perceived as fire due to the heat it produces but actually, it is way way hotter than fire.. (His reiatsu that is)
    3. Point 2 supports the point that it will not be a reason for Kubo to kill Yamamoto to give way to ichigo just because of fire issues...
    I agree with you that is not the reason for Yamamoto's death. I think if we look at what was accomplished, it seems that his death

1. Took away what the shinigamis saw as the strongest person, and the 'glue' that held the Gotei 13 together.
    2. Added to the image of a Seireitei in ruins.
    3. Conveyed a sense of hopelessness that the 'rank and file' as well as many officers would be feeling.
    4. Made readers ask 'Who's next?'

So, maybe those are some of the reasons Kubo elected to have him die...that and (related to something I said in another thread) while Old Man Yama was a great character, he wasn't necessarily a big fan fave. He was a well known and regularly appearing character, but didn't have the draw of say, Ichigo, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya or Byakuya. (Darn those younger men!).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I agree with you that is not the reason for Yamamoto's death. I think if we look at what was accomplished, it seems that his death

1. Took away what the shinigamis saw as the strongest person, and the 'glue' that held the Gotei 13 together.
    2. Added to the image of a Seireitei in ruins.
    3. Conveyed a sense of hopelessness that the 'rank and file' as well as many officers would be feeling.
    4. Made readers ask 'Who's next?'

So, maybe those are some of the reasons Kubo elected to have him die...that and (related to something I said in another thread) while Old Man Yama was a great character, he wasn't necessarily a big fan fave. He was a well known and regularly appearing character, but didn't have the draw of say, Ichigo, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya or Byakuya. (Darn those younger men!).
    I think you're points are good reasons...

Now my take on that, is probably that if Yama didn't die, since he was able to dispose of the quincy before, then he will do it again.. But this is the final arc and Ichido must be the one to do it. You know, the typical main protagonist role of getting the job done.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to make juha bach seem more scary than aizen.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo should've gave up Byakuya, so Renji and Rukia could go to the next level of power and eventually become Captain-Level shinigami. But, he coped out on that one and Kira is a goner. I figured, Kira would have some development, but whatever.

And Ichigo's zanpakuto being "fire-based" or not, has little to do with Yamamoto's death. Fact is, Juha and Yamamoto shared a history (that i assume will be revealed more in later chapters) and this particular villain was the only one capable of truly standing on even ground with the old man. Having him die, was more to do with Soul Society and the Gotei 13 having to finally progress into a new age of battle with old foes.

Ichigo's actions with SS, since the beginning of the manga, have greatly change the ideals and morals of Soul Society and that's going to become more relevant soon.

If anything, Hitsugaya will be the one to replace Shunsui as Captain Commander a long, long time from now. I doubt, with Ichigo being part Quincy, he'll even be allowed to join the Gotei 13. Then again, I could be wrong, they did allow Shinji, Rose and Kensei to return to their respective positions and they are part hollow.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of reasons for which yamamoto had to die. The main would be the following:

1.- He was too powerful. Perhaps even too stupidly powerful. Overall the power of military organizations in bleachverse is usually held by a single dude. Aizen was stronger than the 10 espada and at least stronger than 8 captains, yamamoto was "motherfucking" yamamoto, juhabach seems to be stronger than your standard stern ritern.... Against wonderweiss we saw yamamoto's had fists comparable to that of a captains bankai to some degree considering wonderweiss was not defeated by kensei and his bankai. Basically taking out yamamoto is a way to put the gotei 13 on edge, which brings us to the next point.

2.- Yamamoto was too important to, well, everything concerning SS. The point has been made through the manga that recently a lot has changed in soul society. Rukia mentioned the change ichigo had brought about when they all collaborated to give him back his shinigami powers and komamura is so sure of the change which is going on that he bet his life against a billion year old wolf to protect it.This is pretty significant because soul society is at large supposed to be quite inflexible to change and supposedly it had not gone through any real change for centuries and perhaps entire ages. But then we have yamamoto.... He founded the 13 squads 1000 years ago, he founded the academy 2000 years ago, aizen himself called him the history of SS. If we trust the wiki the kubo himself called yamamoto an unmovable pivot.... Genryusai is the foundation of SS itself, the man alone bear the weight of all of it for thousands of years. So what exactly is yamamoto's position in the world he made himself when its very foundation is changing? 6 feet under. Yamamoto dying was ultimately a requirement for the world to go through the change it is inevitably going to go through. With the death of genryusai the unmovable pivot was shaken, SS for better or worst is going to change.

Earlier juhabach made the point that the original gotei 13 were all a bunch of bloodthirsty murderers. Yamamoto was at the time perhaps the sole thing keeping them from rapemurdering everything and he did in fact win against the quincy. But then if we look at things today.... Yamamoto died and yet we do not see the captains just going around rapemurdering everything. Yamamoto was ultimately not the thing keeping them in check from acting like the mass murderers the captains originally were. More so, shunsui, is the captain commander and what we see is that others actually listen to what he has to say. Yamamoto dying did not result in unohana going rogue and insane, kenpachi fought unohana only because he was ordered to. Mayuri is still a grey area because he has no qualms murdering his subordinates but its not like yamamoto dying resulted in mayuri finally being able to put the captains in bottles limb by limb. And then we have soifon, rose, shinji, byakuya, komamura, shunsui, kensei and hitsugaya all of whom are at large rather reasonable fellows. Basically we have that even unohana, kenpachi and mayuri, who are basically the most derange insane remorseless mass murderers the manga has care to show did not really go into insane rapemurdering rampages when the one thing that was supposed to keep them from doing that via "flaming foot up your ass" disappeared. In terms of power shunsui is a massively inadequate replacement for yamamoto. He does not have a fraction of the power yamamoto had and its even probable he would not really hold a candle to unohana and current "bankai unohana is fodder to me" kenpachi. And yet we see the organization function and moving on.... SS has changed dramatically over the time genryusai was captain commander and now that he is gone the way has been opened for more change.... for the better.
    Last edited by kkck; July 11, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There are plenty of reasons for which yamamoto had to die. The main would be the following:

1.- He was too powerful. Perhaps even too stupidly powerful. Overall the power of military organizations in bleachverse is usually held by a single dude. Aizen was stronger than the 10 espada and at least stronger than 8 captains, yamamoto was "motherfucking" yamamoto, juhabach seems to be stronger than your standard stern ritern.... Against wonderweiss we saw yamamoto's had fists comparable to that of a captains bankai to some degree considering wonderweiss was not defeated by kensei and his bankai. Basically taking out yamamoto is a way to put the gotei 13 on edge, which brings us to the next point.

2.- Yamamoto was too important to, well, everything concerning SS. The point has been made through the manga that recently a lot has changed in soul society. Rukia mentioned the change ichigo had brought about when they all collaborated to give him back his shinigami powers and komamura is so sure of the change which is going on that he bet his life against a billion year old wolf to protect it.This is pretty significant because soul society is at large supposed to be quite inflexible to change and supposedly it had not gone through any real change for centuries and perhaps entire ages. But then we have yamamoto.... He founded the 13 squads 1000 years ago, he founded the academy 2000 years ago, aizen himself called him the history of SS. If we trust the wiki the kubo himself called yamamoto an unmovable pivot.... Genryusai is the foundation of SS itself, the man alone bear the weight of all of it for thousands of years. So what exactly is yamamoto's position in the world he made himself when its very foundation is changing? 6 feet under. Yamamoto dying was ultimately a requirement for the world to go through the change it is inevitably going to go through. With the death of genryusai the unmovable pivot was shaken, SS for better or worst is going to change.

Earlier juhabach made the point that the original gotei 13 were all a bunch of bloodthirsty murderers. Yamamoto was at the time perhaps the sole thing keeping them from rapemurdering everything and he did in fact win against the quincy. But then if we look at things today.... Yamamoto died and yet we do not see the captains just going around rapemurdering everything. Yamamoto was ultimately not the thing keeping them in check from acting like the mass murderers the captains originally were. More so, shunsui, is the captain commander and what we see is that others actually listen to what he has to say. Yamamoto dying did not result in unohana going rogue and insane, kenpachi fought unohana only because he was ordered to. Mayuri is still a grey area because he has no qualms murdering his subordinates but its not like yamamoto dying resulted in mayuri finally being able to put the captains in bottles limb by limb. And then we have soifon, rose, shinji, byakuya, komamura, shunsui, kensei and hitsugaya all of whom are at large rather reasonable fellows. Basically we have that even unohana, kenpachi and mayuri, who are basically the most derange insane remorseless mass murderers the manga has care to show did not really go into insane rapemurdering rampages when the one thing that was supposed to keep them from doing that via "flaming foot up your ass" disappeared. In terms of power shunsui is a massively inadequate replacement for yamamoto. He does not have a fraction of the power yamamoto had and its even probable he would not really hold a candle to unohana and current "bankai unohana is fodder to me" kenpachi. And yet we see the organization function and moving on.... SS has changed dramatically over the time genryusai was captain commander and now that he is gone the way has been opened for more change.... for the better.

I agree. Yamamoto had established "order" with his power as Captain Commander. And that's the whole point of the 1st Division Captain, is to be the symbol of order rather than balance. I am surprised that Kubo already went into the direction of appointing Shunsui as Yamamoto's replacement. Hopefully, Shunsui's past will be a major part in the upcoming chapters to be released. I'd like to know more about his history now.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2