Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Does Luffy know, that Whitebeard is dead?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Muhbaer's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Luffy know, that Whitebeard is dead?

I thought about it... while traveling to FI Luffy said that the whale was one of old-man whitebeard's. While Jimbe told everyone about blackbeard and that he took whitebeards terrain after his death, luffy was asleep.
    or am I mistaken?

pls don't flame me
    have fun, good luck

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Luffy know, that Whitebeard is dead?

No reason to flame you for a theory, thats why threads exist Jimbei and Luffy came to the crimescene to ring the bell for a new era and Luffy alrdy knew when Law told him about Kaidou except that Law doesnt know about Big Mom (i think).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Muhbaer's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, have Law mentioned that Whitebeard is gone? It was said, that Reyleigh was a strict mentor and Luffy didn't get any news from the rest of the world.
    And he only asked if Ace was dead, since he collapsed a few moments later. I still wonder :S
    have fun, good luck

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muhbaer View Post
    I thought about it... while traveling to FI Luffy said that the whale was one of old-man whitebeard's. While Jimbe told everyone about blackbeard and that he took whitebeards terrain after his death, luffy was asleep.
    or am I mistaken?

pls don't flame me
    I'm afraid you didn't get the meaning of that phrase quite right: Luffy, seeing a giant white whale, said: "And THAT'S Ol' man Whitebeard", meaning that he knows that Newgate died in the war, but Luffy saw in that whale the emblem of Edward Newgate, like if that whale was some kind of "reincarnation" (not literally, but in meaning). It's almost like staring at the clouds when suddenly one in particular catches your attention with its peculiar shape, which reminds you of someone dear to you who passed away. I don't know if it ever happened to you, but it could be anything. For Luffy, it was a giant white whale, reminding him of Whitebeard. That's it.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he obviously knows since the whole world know. Im sure jimbei or rayleigh told him.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply