Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Origin of the Rinnegan

  1. #1
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Origin of the Rinnegan

    The Rinnegan, or the Samsara eye, is stated to be the eyes of Rikudou Sennin. In several manga scans we actually see Rikudou Sennin sporting a pair of Rinnegan aswell. For all intents and purposes one should consider this a Kekkei Genkai; a power bestowed to him due to his genetic makeup. Unfortunately it's been implied by some posters that Rikudou Sennin's doujutsu originated from his transformation into a jinchuuriki (my only guess is that, because the Juubi's eyes resemble both the Sharingan and Rinnegan).

    My question is, where did these eyes originate from? A kekkei genkai? Status as a jinchuuriki?

    Personally, I'm sure it was a kekkei genkai. Rikudou Sennin is the father of all ninjutsu, and it simply makes no sense to believe that he defeated the Juubi without the use of the Rinnegan. It's also incredibly unlikely that he created ninjutsu without the use of the Rinnegan, since we know that the Rinnegan grants one access to all paths of chakra, and it takes knowledge of chakra to create jutsu. Rikudou Sennin just coming across the secrets of chakra one day out of the blue seems unrealistic.

  2. #2
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    i have a second question to add to this thread because it seems appropriate

    once someone awakens a rinnegan from a sharingan

    (as far as we know madara was the only to do so)

    can that person go back and use sharingan abilities?

    and if the answer is yes, (im pretty sure madara did)

    wouldnt nagato have had the anility to use sharingan abilities due to those eyes being madaras?

  3. #3
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The Rinnegan, or the Samsara eye, is stated to be the eyes of Rikudou Sennin. In several manga scans we actually see Rikudou Sennin sporting a pair of Rinnegan aswell. For all intents and purposes one should consider this a Kekkei Genkai; a power bestowed to him due to his genetic makeup. Unfortunately it's been implied by some posters that Rikudou Sennin's doujutsu originated from his transformation into a jinchuuriki (my only guess is that, because the Juubi's eyes resemble both the Sharingan and Rinnegan).

    My question is, where did these eyes originate from? A kekkei genkai? Status as a jinchuuriki?

    Personally, I'm sure it was a kekkei genkai. Rikudou Sennin is the father of all ninjutsu, and it simply makes no sense to believe that he defeated the Juubi without the use of the Rinnegan. It's also incredibly unlikely that he created ninjutsu without the use of the Rinnegan, since we know that the Rinnegan grants one access to all paths of chakra, and it takes knowledge of chakra to create jutsu. Rikudou Sennin just coming across the secrets of chakra one day out of the blue seems unrealistic.

    You say that now...but look at the previous chapters...and part 2 of Naruto so far...?

    Unrealistic isn't the right word.

  4. #4
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki
    can that person go back and use sharingan abilities?
    Madara has used both Genjutsu and Susanoo, so that answer would be a resounding yes.

    Quote Quote:
    wouldnt nagato have had the anility to use sharingan abilities due to those eyes being madaras?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since he received the eye through transfer. It's the same reason Obito's Rinnegan eye wouldn't turn back into a basic Sharingan whenever he wasn't using it, aswell as why after Nagato died his eyes didn't turn back into normal eyes. He died from loss of chakra, and we all know that when someone with the Sharingan runs low on chakra, their Sharingan turns back to their normal eyes. This didn't happen with Nagato.

    Kakashi also is incapable of turning his Sharingan off. So yeah. I'm just guessing, but I'd say I'm spot on with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory
    You say that now...but look at the previous chapters...and part 2 of Naruto so far...?

    Unrealistic isn't the right word.
    Well, yeah. But even with all the silliness I doubt Kishimoto would expect us to believe that some guy just woke up one morning with the power to defeat the Juubi.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 08, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #5
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    I think it was a freak mutation, as Kakashi said. It would explain why Rikudou Sennin is the only one known to have Rinnegan... though Juubi may have had a hand in helping?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  7. #6
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    I think it was simply some sort of mutation he acquired because of the environment or something he picked up from something organic which then evolved into every power he had.

  8. #7
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Possible, or the mutation happened while he was conceived or in his mom's stomach. I mean, nothing so far disproves Kakashi's claim, considering Rikudou Sennin's known to have Rinnegan before fighting Juubi.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  9. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Madara has used both Genjutsu and Susanoo, so that answer would be a resounding yes.



    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since he received the eye through transfer. It's the same reason Obito's Rinnegan eye wouldn't turn back into a basic Sharingan whenever he wasn't using it, aswell as why after Nagato died his eyes didn't turn back into normal eyes. He died from loss of chakra, and we all know that when someone with the Sharingan runs low on chakra, their Sharingan turns back to their normal eyes. This didn't happen with Nagato.

    Kakashi also is incapable of turning his Sharingan off. So yeah. I'm just guessing, but I'd say I'm spot on with this.



    Well, yeah. But even with all the silliness I doubt Kishimoto would expect us to believe that some guy just woke up one morning with the power to defeat the Juubi.
    ok that does make sense

    i mean its a bit of a plot hole, in theory if those eyes had sharingan abilities before they should have them after transfer

    but i dont think kishimoto was really considering all of that when he revealed to us that nagatos rinnegan came from madara....

    however your theory sounds good enough to satisfy me

  10. #9
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Spoiler: Hah! show


    Yeah. That's what I was getting at. It's been implied by multiple posters that the Rinnegan comes from the Juubi. So... can we lay that to rest now or...?

  11. #10
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Hmm, although the question now is why the Juubi has Rinnegan mixed with Sharingan... I'd say it's because Rikudou made him in his image and therefore put some of the characteristics of himself on it.

  12. #11
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    It could be that Juubi's RInnegan is the real Rinnegan or the completed Rinnegan while Rikudou Sennin's was somewhat watered down. If the Juubi really is the creator of all things, then Rinnegan might have played a big part in that, and it could have been THE Rinnegan. It was said that Rinnegan can create stuff.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  13. #12
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Hmm, or the Juubi made a watered-down human version of itself - Rikudou. My best bet.

  14. #13
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Spoiler: Hah! show


    Yeah. That's what I was getting at. It's been implied by multiple posters that the Rinnegan comes from the Juubi. So... can we lay that to rest now or...?
    i never got that theory anyway

    because madara developed the rinnegan, and he never had any contact with the juubi

  15. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Spoiler: Hah! show


    Yeah. That's what I was getting at. It's been implied by multiple posters that the Rinnegan comes from the Juubi. So... can we lay that to rest now or...?
    Hold you horses pal. We all know that every jinchuuriki reflected their bijuus eyes once they started using their chakra/mode. The same as naruto who got the same eyes of the kyubi when he uses its chakra or his mode. And obito at this time isn't using any of those. Yea, maybe your theory is correct after we've seen obito using the juubi's chakra and yet his eyes never change a bit.

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

    It won't be a Kekei Genkai IMO.
    Because if it were then his children should have inherited it,
    Like all the Uchiha have Sharingan and Hyuugas his Byakugan.

    So IMO it was sort of a gift that only SO6P was blessed with.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts