Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Origin of the Rinnegan

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Origin of the Rinnegan

The Rinnegan, or the Samsara eye, is stated to be the eyes of Rikudou Sennin. In several manga scans we actually see Rikudou Sennin sporting a pair of Rinnegan aswell. For all intents and purposes one should consider this a Kekkei Genkai; a power bestowed to him due to his genetic makeup. Unfortunately it's been implied by some posters that Rikudou Sennin's doujutsu originated from his transformation into a jinchuuriki (my only guess is that, because the Juubi's eyes resemble both the Sharingan and Rinnegan).

My question is, where did these eyes originate from? A kekkei genkai? Status as a jinchuuriki?

Personally, I'm sure it was a kekkei genkai. Rikudou Sennin is the father of all ninjutsu, and it simply makes no sense to believe that he defeated the Juubi without the use of the Rinnegan. It's also incredibly unlikely that he created ninjutsu without the use of the Rinnegan, since we know that the Rinnegan grants one access to all paths of chakra, and it takes knowledge of chakra to create jutsu. Rikudou Sennin just coming across the secrets of chakra one day out of the blue seems unrealistic.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Origin of the Rinnegan

i have a second question to add to this thread because it seems appropriate

once someone awakens a rinnegan from a sharingan

(as far as we know madara was the only to do so)

can that person go back and use sharingan abilities?

and if the answer is yes, (im pretty sure madara did)

wouldnt nagato have had the anility to use sharingan abilities due to those eyes being madaras?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The Rinnegan, or the Samsara eye, is stated to be the eyes of Rikudou Sennin. In several manga scans we actually see Rikudou Sennin sporting a pair of Rinnegan aswell. For all intents and purposes one should consider this a Kekkei Genkai; a power bestowed to him due to his genetic makeup. Unfortunately it's been implied by some posters that Rikudou Sennin's doujutsu originated from his transformation into a jinchuuriki (my only guess is that, because the Juubi's eyes resemble both the Sharingan and Rinnegan).

My question is, where did these eyes originate from? A kekkei genkai? Status as a jinchuuriki?

Personally, I'm sure it was a kekkei genkai. Rikudou Sennin is the father of all ninjutsu, and it simply makes no sense to believe that he defeated the Juubi without the use of the Rinnegan. It's also incredibly unlikely that he created ninjutsu without the use of the Rinnegan, since we know that the Rinnegan grants one access to all paths of chakra, and it takes knowledge of chakra to create jutsu. Rikudou Sennin just coming across the secrets of chakra one day out of the blue seems unrealistic.

You say that now...but look at the previous chapters...and part 2 of Naruto so far...?

Unrealistic isn't the right word.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki
    can that person go back and use sharingan abilities?
    Madara has used both Genjutsu and Susanoo, so that answer would be a resounding yes.

Quote Quote:
    wouldnt nagato have had the anility to use sharingan abilities due to those eyes being madaras?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since he received the eye through transfer. It's the same reason Obito's Rinnegan eye wouldn't turn back into a basic Sharingan whenever he wasn't using it, aswell as why after Nagato died his eyes didn't turn back into normal eyes. He died from loss of chakra, and we all know that when someone with the Sharingan runs low on chakra, their Sharingan turns back to their normal eyes. This didn't happen with Nagato.

Kakashi also is incapable of turning his Sharingan off. So yeah. I'm just guessing, but I'd say I'm spot on with this.

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory
    You say that now...but look at the previous chapters...and part 2 of Naruto so far...?

Unrealistic isn't the right word.
    Well, yeah. But even with all the silliness I doubt Kishimoto would expect us to believe that some guy just woke up one morning with the power to defeat the Juubi.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 08, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a freak mutation, as Kakashi said. It would explain why Rikudou Sennin is the only one known to have Rinnegan... though Juubi may have had a hand in helping?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was simply some sort of mutation he acquired because of the environment or something he picked up from something organic which then evolved into every power he had.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible, or the mutation happened while he was conceived or in his mom's stomach. I mean, nothing so far disproves Kakashi's claim, considering Rikudou Sennin's known to have Rinnegan before fighting Juubi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara has used both Genjutsu and Susanoo, so that answer would be a resounding yes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since he received the eye through transfer. It's the same reason Obito's Rinnegan eye wouldn't turn back into a basic Sharingan whenever he wasn't using it, aswell as why after Nagato died his eyes didn't turn back into normal eyes. He died from loss of chakra, and we all know that when someone with the Sharingan runs low on chakra, their Sharingan turns back to their normal eyes. This didn't happen with Nagato.

Kakashi also is incapable of turning his Sharingan off. So yeah. I'm just guessing, but I'd say I'm spot on with this.

Well, yeah. But even with all the silliness I doubt Kishimoto would expect us to believe that some guy just woke up one morning with the power to defeat the Juubi.
    ok that does make sense

i mean its a bit of a plot hole, in theory if those eyes had sharingan abilities before they should have them after transfer

but i dont think kishimoto was really considering all of that when he revealed to us that nagatos rinnegan came from madara....

however your theory sounds good enough to satisfy me

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Hah! show

Yeah. That's what I was getting at. It's been implied by multiple posters that the Rinnegan comes from the Juubi. So... can we lay that to rest now or...?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, although the question now is why the Juubi has Rinnegan mixed with Sharingan... I'd say it's because Rikudou made him in his image and therefore put some of the characteristics of himself on it.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be that Juubi's RInnegan is the real Rinnegan or the completed Rinnegan while Rikudou Sennin's was somewhat watered down. If the Juubi really is the creator of all things, then Rinnegan might have played a big part in that, and it could have been THE Rinnegan. It was said that Rinnegan can create stuff.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, or the Juubi made a watered-down human version of itself - Rikudou. My best bet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. That's what I was getting at. It's been implied by multiple posters that the Rinnegan comes from the Juubi. So... can we lay that to rest now or...?
    i never got that theory anyway

because madara developed the rinnegan, and he never had any contact with the juubi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold you horses pal. We all know that every jinchuuriki reflected their bijuus eyes once they started using their chakra/mode. The same as naruto who got the same eyes of the kyubi when he uses its chakra or his mode. And obito at this time isn't using any of those. Yea, maybe your theory is correct after we've seen obito using the juubi's chakra and yet his eyes never change a bit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It won't be a Kekei Genkai IMO.
    Because if it were then his children should have inherited it,
    Like all the Uchiha have Sharingan and Hyuugas his Byakugan.

So IMO it was sort of a gift that only SO6P was blessed with.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast