Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Toriko 242 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 242 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    I agree that Toriko needs some motivator to fight Midora, so it may be that Ichiryuu will lose to him or he will take Komatsu.
    This part makes total sense, and I think Ichiryuu losing is the more likely of the two. Both of Komatsu's old friends are kidnapped by either Neo or the Bishokukai, so it seems like for now he'll be staying with the Igo side to balance things out. It's sort of the same idea of people thinking Jirou was secretly in Neo since he sort of has no allegiance other than whichever way the wind is blowing.

I don't, however, think those other Neo members are above Joa, because every Neo member has spoken about him as if he was the finisher. If they were all really that powerful, why wouldn't they have gone outside in place of Zaus and the others to end this in an instant? If anyone is being underestimated here, it's Setsu anyway since she was taking on all 3 of them, even after having her energy drained. She was a combo parter of Jirou after all, and a legend herself, so she deserves some credit (which you have given her). I just still think Joa is a bigger threat because he was able to unleash such an immense attack with the flick of his wrist. Chefs may be intended to serve, but that doesn't mean that they can't be monsters themselves since before Jirou and Joa arrived, she was strongest person at this entire war.
    Last edited by obamamania; July 20, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Jirou always striked me as the person who'll play the role of the mentor after Ichiryuu's death... I can see him train the 4HK to match Midora's strength for example or something along the lines, I dunno but that's how I see his future role, he probably wouldn't participate in an IGO vs Bishokukai fight

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now Joa seems confident in his ability to fight the disciples without getting finger flicked in the face.

Waging straight out war against the Bishokukai and all of IGO, as well as making Jirou your enemy is a pretty damn awful idea unless you think you can handle the top tiers. I'm sure he'll make some excuse like "now's not the time to fight you" or something like that now that Jirou's actually here, but it's inevitable that he'll fight one of the disciples eventually, and I really do think that Joa will come out on top.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

NEO has a greater aim than the Bishokukai. Bishokukai is only after Acacia's full course, but NEO is after what's beyond God.
    I think they'll be beaten but not fully crushed. Joa will survive this arc and God arc but he'll be beaten and will be forced to hide again and gather a stronger force before resurfacing again.

Even though the HKs doesn't have personal conflicts with Midora, they'd still be fighting him for the reason that he's the Bishokukai boss. They hate the Bishokukai.

I agree that Ichiryuu will die in the battle for God. And Jirou might take over IGO when that happens. He might refuse at first but he'll realize that it will be the right thing to do.
    Last edited by llydnarz; July 20, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    NEO has a greater aim than the Bishokukai. Bishokukai is only after Acacia's full course, but NEO is after what's beyond God.
    I think they'll be beaten but not fully crushed. Joa will survive this arc and God arc but he'll be beaten and will be forced to hide again and gather a stronger force before resurfacing again.

Even though the HKs doesn't have personal conflicts with Midora, they'd still be fighting him for the reason that he's the Bishokukai boss. They hate the Bishokukai.

I agree that Ichiryuu will die in the battle for God. And Jirou might take over IGO when that happens. He might refuse at first but he'll realize that it will be the right thing to do.
    Comparing goal of Bishokukai and NEO isnt so simple. The goal of Bishokukai isn't precisly God , it's to satisfy Midora's hunger, thats why Alfaro sayed after Midora ate century soup that maybe even God wont satisfy him. And so far NEO sayed that their goal is "beyond" God, is there anithing like that?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    Comparing goal of Bishokukai and NEO isnt so simple. The goal of Bishokukai isn't precisly God , it's to satisfy Midora's hunger, thats why Alfaro sayed after Midora ate century soup that maybe even God wont satisfy him. And so far NEO sayed that their goal is "beyond" God, is there anithing like that?!
    When has Neo ever even stated that they want God? They've mentioned things like Atom (I think), but never God. They probably want it, but I have the feeling that God is a phantasmal ingredient that comes from somewhere else that can only be accessed during the Gourmet Eclipse. And wherever this place is, the Nitro are directly related to it. Neo is aiming for some sort of food utopia, but I think it is a place with food beyond that of even the Gourmet world. Everyone is living in the Gourmet Age which seems like a Utopia already, so clearly Neo is aiming for something higher than what can be attained in this world since they already practically rule this world from the shadows. The Bishokukai wants control of all ingredients and will be cement that control by obtaining God for themselves, the the most legendary ingredient, but Neo seems to have different and maybe more interesting plans than that...and the constant theme of outer space should be a big enough hint to people.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7