Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doflamingo, Moria and the Toy Factory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kebuenowilly's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Doflamingo, Moria and the Toy Factory

Well, I'm thinking that Doflamingo could have cheated world government into thinking that Moria escaped, but instead put him into safety in Dressrosa (by either capturing him or offering him and alliance) where he works in the Toy Factory. I think he is bringing to life toys, thanks to his shadow hability, in the same way he was raising zombies. Maybe using the shadows of Donquixote family rivals and offenders. Then using the shadowless victims as slave labour at the factory, to produce the weapons he sales. They are obedient because they know, that at any moment, their toy doppleganger can be killed, thus killing them.

What do you think?
    Download Sasuto: sendspace
    megaupload

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doflamingo, Moria and the Toy Factory

Quote Originally Posted by kebuenowilly View Post
    Well, I'm thinking that Doflamingo could have cheated world government into thinking that Moria escaped, but instead put him into safety in Dressrosa (by either capturing him or offering him and alliance) where he works in the Toy Factory. I think he is bringing to life toys, thanks to his shadow hability, in the same way he was raising zombies. Maybe using the shadows of Donquixote family rivals and offenders. Then using the shadowless victims as slave labour at the factory, to produce the weapons he sales. They are obedient because they know, that at any moment, their toy doppleganger can be killed, thus killing them.

What do you think?
    no I think DD had jora turn all the people who rebelled against him into toys.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jola can only turn things into paintings
    megaupload

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think her artistic imagination just alters reality.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

There's just one major flaw in your theory: The way Doflamingo reports about Moriah's escape fits too well to Absalom's ability to make one invisible. Just the same way he escaped with Nami from Usopp and Chopper in Thriller Bark.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    no I think DD had jora turn all the people who rebelled against him into toys.
    But then why would the toy soldier that's currently with franky be ok jumping into the coliseum to avoid the police earlier? The coliseum's under DD families laws... I think everyone's assumed too much just from seeing Jora's introduction that it's 1 person turning people into toys, it might be a related power, but I do not think she is completely responsible for the countries culture.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    There's just one major flaw in your theory: The way Doflamingo reports about Moriah's escape fits too well to Absalom's ability to make one invisible. Just the same way he escaped with Nami from Usopp and Chopper in Thriller Bark.
    Well, it could be that Moria and Dofla are allies, so DD alowed him to escape. They could have reached an agreement.
    megaupload

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When did moria escape?? Im pretty sure that guy is dead as anything.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    When did moria escape?? Im pretty sure that guy is dead as anything.
    You are pretty wrong as anything. It was stated by Oda himself that Moria is alive. Doflamingo said he kind of escaped from him on the verge of death. Oda, in addition to one of the volumes, made something like a newspapers with usefull information. One of them says "Moria has been spotted in the New World."
    Lately, all of your comments lack evidence/reasons. Why do you never support your thoughts/theories with a pillar it can stand upon? I mean reason by that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    Oda, in addition to one of the volumes, made something like a newspapers with usefull information. One of them says "Moria has been spotted in the New World."
    I'd be interested in seeing that. Do you remember by any chance which volume it was ?

As for Kebuenowilly's theory, here's another aspect that doesn't fit: as far as we know, "killing" one of Moria's animated puppets simply returns the shadow to its owner. There can be no such blackmail as what you suggest.
    The toys could still be animated puppets or be otherwise born of a DF power, of course, but it'd be weird: we've been shown several human/toy couples living their mundane everyday lives, some of them even having toy babies and pet toys. Babies. It's not as if only rebellious people or dangerous individuals had been toyified.
    Last edited by Seafarer; July 11, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The piece of information that Moria has been seen in the New World and that he is hiding + that Crocodile was able to evade the Marines searching for him was given in two supplementary pages at the end of chapter 664. The pages looked like newspaper pages and the newspaper was called "New World Times".

http://imgbox.com/aayWb3YS

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer View Post
    As for Kebuenowilly's theory, here's another aspect that doesn't fit: as far as we know, "killing" one of Moria's animated puppets simply returns the shadow to its owner. There can be no such blackmail as what you suggest.
    The toys could still be animated puppets or be otherwise born of a DF power, of course, but it'd be weird: we've been shown several human/toy couples living their mundane everyday lives, some of them even having toy babies and pet toys. Babies. It's not as if only rebellious people or dangerous individuals had been toyified.
    Hi Seafarer, good point. What if the blackmailing is the other way: I mean that a shadowless body will be vaporized under sunlight, right? So they can kidnap a person
    and create a toy sustitute to take the life of the human to mantain an appereance of normality, so Dofla don't loses his political power.
    The only thing the don´t fit at all, is that the shadows should be loyal to Moria, unless it works in a different way on toys than on dead bodies.
    What do you think?
    megaupload

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

MyamotoMusashi: thanks a lot; the corresponding volume (67, I think) is not out yet here, so I had completely missed this information.

Kebuenowilly: things could work the way you describe them now, however there haven't been any storytelling elements so far to support this vision. That's what I implied when I mentionned the everyday life of people: we have yet to see a hint of a possible unease of Dressrosa's human population towards the toys. Everybody seems to consider their existence perfectly normal, which would likely not be the case if people had had their close ones abducted and replaced by a toy.

If you compare with similar situations earlier in the manga, for example Skypiea, everything seemed normal in the beginning but we were quiclky given hints of the brewing trouble through Conis' behaviour, god's guards and other small events. Here, the Strawhats have already been in Dressrosa for a while but nothing indicates that the problems of this country revolve around the toys - only the fact that a place named the "toy house" is a lair of Doflamingo and may be the Smile factory, which still doesn't say a lot about the toys themselves. There is definitely something wrong with how Doflamingo came to power and what he's doing in this country, but I will be surprised if it has to do with the origin of the toys.
    Last edited by Seafarer; July 11, 2013 at 07:27 AM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer View Post
    Kebuenowilly: things could work the way you describe them now, however there haven't been any storytelling elements so far to support this vision. That's what I implied when I mentionned the everyday life of people: we have yet to see a hint of a possible unease of Dressrosa's human population towards the toys. Everybody seems to consider their existence perfectly normal, which would likely not be the case if people had had their close ones abducted and replaced by a toy.

If you compare with similar situations earlier in the manga, for example Skypiea, everything seemed normal in the beginning but we were quiclky given hints of the brewing trouble through Conis' behaviour, god's guards and other small events. Here, the Strawhats have already been in Dressrosa for a while but nothing indicates that the problems of this country revolve around the toys - only the fact that a place named the "toy house" is a lair of Doflamingo and may be the Smile factory, which still doesn't say a lot about the toys themselves. There is definitely something wrong with how Doflamingo came to power and what he's doing in this country, but I will be surprised if it has to do with the origin of the toys.
    Yes, very well exposed. However, regarding the toys, I don't think there is a natural explanation about them. I mean natural explanation as for mermaids or giants, as they exist as another race, born from natural causes. IMHO, toys have an artificial origin or existence.
    I gues we'll see it soon, as the action is moving to the Toy House.
    megaupload

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody remember Wapol?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast