Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Jinbe and Haki

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    The comparison I would use for fishman karate is that it simply is a martial art. Overall jinbe is a fishman karate user in the exact same context zoro is a swordsman or sanji is a red leg user (not sure what his style is called but since his master is called red leg...). So the relation between haki and fishman karate has to be the exact same as any other martial art and haki. Attacking logia is not the only function haki has so ultimately fishman karate or not any fighter would end up needing it to deal with certain people.

  2. #17
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by jojophile View Post
    I always thought that Jinbe blocked Akainu's punch all the way back when after Luffy fell unconscious, was by Jinbe's Haki.
    He then ran out of stamina by the frozen shore, and that's when Jinbe finally got impaled by Akainu.

    F.Karate should be considered a 'technique,' since can't normally blocked by human (Luffy), but would be stopped by DF ability (Barto).
    Not sure yet whether F.Karate can be mixed with Hak usage however.
    blocking a technique doesnt require haki, dealing dmg to a logia or grabbing them does, The reason jinbe is able to attack logias is because of Fishman karate, Heres THE ONLY evidence that supports him NOT using haki, as there is none supporting he does, when luffy, and the strawhats are talking to jinbe about the changes in the new world, luffy asks zoro and sanji if they sense something like a wild animal, he doesn't ask jinbe and as we know, through obs haki ur able to sense if a person can use haki, at the least it means he can't use obs haki.

    ANYTHING ELSE FOR OR AGAINST is not factual and we genuinely don't know, id personally lean towards no jus because it hasn't been mentioned.

  3. #18
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    There's lots of sense you've made there;

    I'm also in line with the 'waiting for confirmation' bit just as much..; as for the blocking part
    (after the attack on Ace, before Ace died portion), my concern is regarding the "blocking Logia attacks;"

    I mean, a pirate can just "take the Logia attack" while standing, rub it off, then counter-hit.
    Or, use Tekkai or similar heightened defense and neglect the lessen dmg and proceed onwards.
    And lastly, I really couldn't remember the scene that Jinbe attack a Logia (after admiral aokiji froze the shore)
    JInbe landed a failed punch on Akainu. - Meaning, Jinbe requires the sea water more to land a more effective
    blow to a Logia (which is less likely Haki-embedded, thus getting counterbalanced by Aoikji's Logia element) -


    * Or, Jinbe did delivered a Haki-embedded F.Karate punch of the Highest level straight into Akainu's chest,
    it just that Akainu is still much stronger, took it like a true Marine Admiral, and exchanged the blow with his
    own to show that ounce of last respect to Jinbe before Jinbe seemingly succumbed to his injury : P

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    I don't see why believe Jinbe can't use Haki. His Haki may be simply not strong enough to block Akainu attacks, while Shanks is.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  5. #20
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    i will state that most of your upper teir fighters use haki at some level

    i think jimbei falls into this group

    i am 100% sure jimbei can use haki

  6. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    At the moment I would argue, just as others here, that jinbe grabbing akainu's punch and stopping it is an indication of him being a haki user. Overall how would that be possible if jinbe was not a haki user? Controlling water should not really allow him to touch rock in the several hundreds or thounsands of degrees like that. Ace was supposed to be freaking fire and even then he got burned by akainu for some reason. Jinbe's hand should have been carbonized even before touching akainu. On the other hand armor haki would explain that scene and basically any other where akainus magma was stopped and repelled.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    quite interesting, I think I'm on hoeru's side of this argument though, that with fishman karate it is possible that he hasn't been trained in haki, possible is all I'd say.

    The war at marine ford may also work in the argument against Haki, because he when he didn't have much in the sense of water particles around he was feeling helpless against the admirals, if he had at least armament haki he would have been able to make counter attacks to Akainu or Aokiji, or likewise wouldn't the effectiveness of his attacks DOUBLE with haki?

    It lacks evidence is the most honest opinion I have, and until Oda says "he can use Haki" I don't think we can make any definite assumptions.

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    The war at marine ford may also work in the argument against Haki, because he when he didn't have much in the sense of water particles around he was feeling helpless against the admirals, if he had at least armament haki he would have been able to make counter attacks to Akainu or Aokiji, or likewise wouldn't the effectiveness of his attacks DOUBLE with haki?
    Jinbe may be simply not strong enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  10. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Country
    United Nations
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by jojophile View Post
    Well...
    Gear - #s are like "tech." that are being developed through the already possessed 'DF ability' of Luffy's,
    and we know that he got it since very young age. And I must add that these "Gear" moves, and "Red Hawk,"
    "Must" be inspired by Ace and his Fire Fruit, it's how significant this is for Luffy
    (in fact, you can't take this significance away from this discussion, and further plot development,
    or else you will take away the 'depth' of the Trio\Sabo childhood story).

    So for F.Karate, it's also considered as a "Technique" to me, but whether there's anything underneath it, say,
    Fishermen has something else that is 'naturally' DF-like that would allow such thing, I don't know. That
    would be Oda's production.

    But for blocking Akainu's attacks, however, that would be entirely on the Next level : )
    Since it looks like Oda can plan out more 'level' for the Admiral's power enhancement (this is a power-level discussion
    with Whitebeard into consideration, and I didn't thoroughly read the other thread on WB),
    if you're strong enough, you can block Akainu's attack, without any 'enhancement.' Just saying.
    But then that would be impossible considering plot development (think DBZ),
    so what I'm saying is that,

    Akainu's attacks should be waaaay strong,
    but Jinbe somehow is in Water-element (Fishermen),
    Jinbe might or might not have needed to block the Magma Punch with Haki - water-based for neutralization, or water-based + F.Karate;
    but that's still not water-based + F.Karate + Haki : P
    and god knows whether Oda has panned out any "Haki levels," like in DBZ..

    Again, it's not to be left clear at this point; Jinbe blocked the punch first..,
    but then we see his arm is burning still,
    then Akainu said he should pass punishment on Jinbe the traitor,
    then Marco\Vista said duck and proceeded with Haki:
    http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-P...ece-574/page-6

    Marco actually directly block the Magma, I completely forgot this scene (who knows if the magma is haki-imbedded?):
    http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-P...ece-575/page-4

    ..."it's no use..!" .....???:
    http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-P...ece-578/page-9

    Isn't that, clear.. ? : D
    Water-based neutralization against a magma-attack from someone who vaporized an iceberg in an instant?

    I think it's obvious that he used haki to block Akainu's punch. He did not use haki when he hurt Luffy during their brief clash, because the attack he used was a ranged shockwave affecting the water in Luffy's body. So there was no direct (punch) or indirect (arrow, bullet) matter-contact between them.

    I was a about to say "I don't think you can imbue haki on a shockwave, which is just movement without any actual matter", but then I became uncertain. You probably remember how Whitebeard's ranged attack shattered Aokiji but apparently didn't hurt him at all, while his non-ranged quake-punch on Akainu did quite a lot of damage. Hmm.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jinbe and Haki

    Good point, I always tought there was hints that Haki doesn't work at distance. Fishman karate creates shockwaves, and because of that you don't see Jinbe using Haki in all of his attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts