Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's Magi chapter?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

4 28.57%
  • Excellent

10 71.43%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 189 Discussion/190 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 189 Discussion/190 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 189 Spoiler Thread

http://mangahelpers.com/t/aegon-rokudo/releases/38324

Didn't I say something about kouen humiliating alibaba with his flames?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is sad, because it doesn't even sound like a fire djinn lol but simply an application of its abilities. And it's starting to look like this battle is merely a showcase for Kouen and the rest of Kou. It's making me wonder why Al Thamen even needed any of them to begin with when it seems like they were fine just manipulating Magnostadt from a distance and waiting for a confrontation from Reim who clearly would have sent back its other vessel users to force Mogamett to do this anyway. Al Thamen certainly wants the Black God to completely descend, so if Kou's own army prevents this then isn't it safe to say that Al Thamen basically created the ones who would thwart them? She doesn't even seem to mind the possibility of them all getting defeated, so then what the hell...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Ren siblings' magoi would last until the medium would drain its powers. I kind of agree with Obama-san... I also thought that this battle would only showcase Kouen's powers.

I would want to see if Scheherazade had seen what had happened to Titus and Mogamett.

Alibaba, its about time to get your spotlight!

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why I think Sindria showing up would be awful...what good is Kouen if he ends up needing help on his first battle premier? Help, nonetheless from Sinbad who's being set up as his rival. There are just too many players here, some who aren't even doing anything such as Kouen's household, so I really want this arc to end with the people who are there. And if Judal/Hakuryuu show up, that wouldn't be terrible since they've already been summoned.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cmon Scherry....give Aladdin your staff already.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member oddlucks's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god, Kouen is ridiculous O_O I can't believe the destructive power in those last pages though it doesn't seem to be an attack type designed for fighting large amounts of enemy forces and not particularly a single opponent. However, Astaroth's power is devastating in general, he can pull you in with snakes and kill you by lethal injection. Still not sure how he compares to Sinbad though, there's just more to Sinbad than just his Djinns.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fercks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Oh my god, Kouen is ridiculous O_O I can't believe the destructive power in those last pages though it doesn't seem to be an attack type designed for fighting large amounts of enemy forces and not particularly a single opponent. However, Astaroth's power is devastating in general, he can pull you in with snakes and kill you by lethal injection. Still not sure how he compares to Sinbad though, there's just more to Sinbad than just his Djinns.
    True, we haven't seen how Sin actually fights. Despite the fact that we did see some of his Djinn's equipping, however that's not enough to compare.

anyway, this chapter, Kouen completely "BURNED" it...lol

I felt kinda sorry that Kouen over shadowed Alibaba since both of them used flames. Then again Alibaba is still young and has a long way to go.
    Last edited by fercks; July 14, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
    ‎"To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking."
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least Kouen doesn't disappoint. I guess it can't be surprising considering what we've heard of him, but even so he's rather impressive. Although to be fair, from Aladdin's estimates, I don't see how he makes any difference in the tide of battle.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter is out:

http://reader.sense-scans.com/reader.../15/189/page/1

Damn, Kouen is amazing

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's still not on Sinbad level. Probably a little below him. Everybody powerful felt a presence when Sinbad was born not for Kouen. I wouldnt if Sinbad could use that Black rukh for himself in that fight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So the shoulder plate is where Agares resides. Its djinn equip's design is really impressive ! It adds more variety to how djinn equips usually look like.
    Nice tactic by Kouen, people who combine brain and brawns are fearsome. Not only that, but he has the confidence and the willingness to take risks that any good leader should have.
    Side note : Koumei has constellations and galaxies on his robe, nice touch there.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This was Kouen's chapter, he was awesome. He know how to use his djinn equips as no one (maybe just behind of Sinbad, only). This is almost like Aladdin gives flames for Alibaba but it was much more powerful. However, I wonder if this is enough for blow up the medium. Maybe we need of the power of someone? XD Sinbad appeared would be flawless victory.

Scheherazade could help too, and give her staff for Aladdin. With a decent staff he should give power for Alibaba as much as Kouen produced this time, I guess.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple chapter, i like it. Aladdin's strategy is made for a lose but here we have Kouen with the infinite Magoi recovery theory.

Yep, indeed it was a charming chapter with a little of logic inside.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast