Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: are you dissapointed in lisanna's return or her as a character?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused are you dissapointed in lisanna's return or her as a character?

after all of the build up about her and natsus freindship as children and the entire efolas arc that brought her back

she has dissapeared

she is less relevsnt than jet and droy

i dont understand why mashima bothered bringing her back if she was going to be such a minor character

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: are you dissapointed in lisanna's return or her as a character?

I don't think there ever would have been a reasonable expectation for her to do more.... Overall the role she had in the past was taken by lucy... Natsu and co are about 17 years old and lisana supposedly died 2 or 3 years ago. Its a pretty damn long time, specially for a bunch of little kids. Also, while the two of them were close they were never a team per say. At least the manga has never really hinted at that. On the other hand lucy and natsu made a team basically from the time they met each other. Its not like natsu stopped doing work with lisana in favor of lucy. The only role lisana could have possibly fulfilled is lucy's and I doubt that was ever an option for mashima.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not disappointed in her return, but it is true that recently she didn't do much in the story.
    I hope that Mishima will use her more in the future arcs, also because it seems like Natsu forgot about her and this is something I don't really like.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess i wasnt meaning she should be on a team or in a romantic pairing with natsu

i meant there sure was a lot of buildup for bringing back such a minor character

i mean what was the point?

the arc could have just been about mystogan
    i dont see the point in bringing lisanna back or building up all that backstory just to make her a fodder type character

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i guess i wasnt meaning she should be on a team or in a romantic pairing with natsu

i meant there sure was a lot of buildup for bringing back such a minor character

i dont see the point in bringing lisanna back or building up all that backstory just to make her a fodder type character
    But ironically I think that this was the main point for Mashima to bring her back.
    There are a lot of fans who ship the two of them.
    I was just saying that I wish she could become a great character without being paired with anyone.
    Hope you understand what I mean.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

I don't think there really was much buildup on the matter. I mean, we had the chapter where elfman and mira went to her grave, then we had the chapter where lisana appeared in edoras and then lily found her in earthland. The arc was by no means about lisana, she was only relevant in very few moments. And as you say, she was not exceptionally relevant afterward.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think there really was much buildup on the matter. I mean, we had the chapter where elfman and mira went to her grave, then we had the chapter where lisana appeared in edoras and then lily found her in earthland. The arc was by no means about lisana, she was only relevant in very few moments. And as you say, she was not exceptionally relevant afterward.
    well im ok with her not being a major character

but being relegated to a cheerleader after wjat i detetmined to be a somewhat significant build up

especially natsus emotion during and at the end of the edolas arc

it just makes bringing her back very meaningless

and to the theory that she was brought back just to demonstrate how much closet
    natsu is to lucy than he was to lisanna

mashima probably is twisted enough for me to accept that hypothesis

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

if she was featured as much as elfman she would be a lot more interesting, unfortunately she turned into a kitchen helper like her sister

altho her sister does do some fighting, to bad its so little tho but oh well
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

not really... i always thought her like a minor character. I can't see her among the major characters and in the FT, Mashima only remembers the Tenroujima members. A proof of that is the guild reached the bottom when they disapeared.

I think about Lisanna like the one who gives Mira strenght to fight, that's all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even more sad Mashima had Lisanna say she and Yukino are the same character in a recent chapter. What is the point of her character, seriously? I actually liked the idea of Lisanna coming back from Edolas, it was an asspull sure but I was interested in learning about Natsu and Lisanna. Yet they've had little interaction at all and it's looking more and more like Mashima is giving that spot to Lucy instead. So what the hell is the point of her? There really is none. She has cool magic, but that's about it. Sadly I think she has achieved Jet/Droy status.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    not really... i always thought her like a minor character. I can't see her among the major characters and in the FT, Mashima only remembers the Tenroujima members. A proof of that is the guild reached the bottom when they disapeared.

I think about Lisanna like the one who gives Mira strenght to fight, that's all.
    Well she technically is a Tenroujima member. She was there. Even some of them don't get much love from Mashima though. But yeah, I agree, she's just there to give Elfman and Mira more willpower to fight, which she honestly could have continued doing as a dead flashback character.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

both as in I see no point of her being there since she has no use. I mean she should have stay dead to give some angst to her siblings and natsu, this is one time the phrase: she's worth more dead than alive makes sense.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Even more sad Mashima had Lisanna say she and Yukino are the same character in a recent chapter. What is the point of her character, seriously? I actually liked the idea of Lisanna coming back from Edolas, it was an asspull sure but I was interested in learning about Natsu and Lisanna. Yet they've had little interaction at all and it's looking more and more like Mashima is giving that spot to Lucy instead. So what the hell is the point of her? There really is none. She has cool magic, but that's about it. Sadly I think she has achieved Jet/Droy status.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Well she technically is a Tenroujima member. She was there. Even some of them don't get much love from Mashima though. But yeah, I agree, she's just there to give Elfman and Mira more willpower to fight, which she honestly could have continued doing as a dead flashback character.
    Mashima likes to make fun of characters, and make fun of himself

but i agree, him pointing out that her and yukino are .... basically the same character

points out a weakness in his writing, (well he pointed it out himself and made fun of it)

but more importantly it points out even how irrelevant lisanna really is

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's anything to be disappointed about just yet. This manga is still ongoing and usually Mashima treats his side characters very well. I doubt he would have brought her back if he had no plans for her.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MAX_COLA_POWER!'s Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she does receive a take over power up that's legendary like Elfman's and Mirajane's. I don't want her to continue being shown as Mirajane's twin with a smaller rack.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its for love conflict, doesnt matter to me because those are the parts i dont think much of, mainly so girls can want lisanna natsu or lucy natsu to happen. No reason to be disappointed its nice to not see mira and elfman constant depressed so worth it imo. not like you should ever expected some strong character since she couldnt even use her own magic for 2 years then was frozen in time for another 7 leaving her almost a decade behind everyone in the world.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast