Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: are you dissapointed in lisanna's return or her as a character?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: are you dissapointed in lisanna's return or her as a character?

Yeah, I'm totally disappointed.

I was really sad when I read that story for the first time, and I was super happy when we discovered that she was actually still alive.
    Although, had I known that she would be that useless to the plot, I think I'd have preferred that she stayed dead...

At least, when she was dead, she was important to the plot in a way... since she was part of the character build of Natsu...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
    I hope she does receive a take over power up that's legendary like Elfman's and Mirajane's. I don't want her to continue being shown as Mirajane's twin with a smaller rack.
    well im not saying she should be stronger than them
    but it would be nice to at least see her be relevant, we dont need more jet and droy types

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with Jet and Droy? Without a few good for nothing recurring side characters it wouldn't feel right. The world isn't made up of only strong people.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

The question Mashima has to answer is: Lisanna was out of the story. As the youngest of the Strauss siblings - what is special about her? Anything that goes beyond being a short-haired and younger Mirajane. Mashima has implied that she was an exeptional mage in X778 - is that all gone due to her being drawn to Edolas? And why was Mirajane not really amuzed by Lisanna being friendly towards Natsu?

I really hope he's going to show more on those questions I have about her character...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    The question Mashima has to answer is: Lisanna was out of the story. As the youngest of the Strauss siblings - what is special about her? Anything that goes beyond being a short-haired and younger Mirajane. Mashima has implied that she was an exeptional mage in X778 - is that all gone due to her being drawn to Edolas? And why was Mirajane not really amuzed by Lisanna being friendly towards Natsu?

I really hope he's going to show more on those questions I have about her character...
    agreed 100%

i am not saying she should be as major as lucy or erza to the story line, however i dont like the idea of all of the drama involved with bringing her back if shes just going to be a wall flower or cheerleader

i would at least like to see her become somewhat relevant, maybe get her up to somewhere near juvia's fighting ability

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisanna feels like a character you get for your party if you install an optional DLC. Not much in the story changes with or without that character. Zaeed from Mass Effect 2, Javik from ME3, Shale from Dragon Age, to name a few.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post

Actually her being friendly to Natsu was seen as bad because both Natsu and Gray belonged to camp Erza. Thus they didnt need one of their help > prior to her death.
    And at the time of her death it seems shes stronger then Elfman as a mage. He was the only one who could not do a full takeover but she could.

As far as her plot. Mashima said in interviews before that its not his idea to bring her back it was his editors. And he regretted it. Indeed her role as dead was bigger then what she has now. Her death could strengthen both Mira and Elfman to live up to her memory. Now that shes back shes put on the shelf.
    Also her spot is kinda 2 sided. She used to be a strong sidekick for Mirajane as shown before, now shes more all over the place scouting with the tribe and then back as a waitress (already got 2 of those). Team Strauss is rather non existant with Elfman going solo and Mira at the bar. As far as her interest role with Natsu, its all could have been, but Lucy took her place. Something that could be played out but usually that ends up with the character dieing. And having a character die twice? Thats a bit too much.

Bright side? Well depending on plot development, as in the ascension you see in stories, that is the main character goes to *heaven* or whatever place then she could have a on-viewer role. But it depends on if its Natsu or Lucy.

If Lucy were to ascend and leave everyone behind perhaps the old promise could be kept (first child named Lucy) kinda thing. But thats a longshot. And even if this happens it would most likely leave many readers unsatisfied. People rather see the male character depart.
    If Natsu the problem gets bigger (for Lisanna). The main focus would be on Lucy, Erza and Gray how they feel about him leaving. She would be sideshow, even tho the promise to marry still stands. It would definitely be awkward.

I believe Mashima wants to backseat Lisanna as much as possible and basically all contact between Lisanna and Natsu is non existant. Which is awkward because truth be told Natsu felt for her, if its love? I think it actually was. I mean he wanted to go with her on mission before she died. And they did spend lots of time as kids. She still seems to feel for him but maybe less.
    The reason to backseat her is to avoid it and possibly try and forget it all together. Let it be childhood stuff. But then again 3 years ago is not that long. She embraced him when she got back. Its just that Lucy is the main together with Natsu so for her there is no place other then doing some sidework for the guild.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

everyone should know that it was worth 100% alone for the fact we no longer have to see mirajane and elfman crying next to cemetarys and trying to not bring up lisanna around them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post
    everyone should know that it was worth 100% alone for the fact we no longer have to see mirajane and elfman crying next to cemetarys and trying to not bring up lisanna around them.
    That is not the main theme surrounding them the grave scene is purely when she came back.

As for Lisanna shes not a shorthaired version of Mira. Actually Mira changed her image/attitude when she died. Thats most of it really. Lisanna was more levelheaded then Mira was back then and she was stronger then Elfman (she could do full take over he could not)

Im still unsure about her. She should have some kickass takeover but only has those useless pets that she had when she was a kid. It doesnt look right.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2