Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Natsu no Zenjitsu by Yoshida Motoi

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu no Zenjitsu by Yoshida Motoi

Natsu no Zenjitsu

Author: Yoshida, Motoi
    Genre: Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
    Serialized In: good! Afternoon
    Publisher: Kodansha

Synopsis:

The only thing in Tetsuo's mind is art. The beauty, the nature, and the quality of art. One woman watches him handle his art. Her name is Akira. She watches as he constantly tries to draw day after day, and she oversees the completion of his work at a local art exhibition. Akira apparently has become interested in Tetsuo's love for art and his work. One rainy night, Tetsuo notices that Akira left her umbrella and he decides to deliver it to her. He finds her and gives her the umbrella and doesn't use it as he claims that the umbrella isn't his. As Tetsuo leaves, Akira tells him to wait. He turns around and finds Akira bringing her lips towards his...

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natsu no Zenjitsu

I thought with quite a few people starting to read the series recently, a thread would be appropriate I started reading the series yesterday and I absolutely love it, finally a realistic and heartwarming lovestory. No tenth or hundreds of chapter until the boy and girl end up together but instead a mature look on what love is all about.
    Really loving the art too, especially the scenery and surroundings look so incredible.

Anyway, I haven't totally catched up yet (chapter 14 out of 17 available) but I will do before I'm going to check the thread again I hope we can have a good discussion about the manga and maybe some people will notice the thread and check out this great work~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was going to do the same since baboysai post. I only read 5 chapters myself but plan to catch some time soon.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, interesting love story, though many would say it has too much erotic elements, then again realistic eroticism and one idealized like this is hard to handle. The art is magnificent though.

Thanks for starting the thread niichan.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Catched up with the last chapter. Very beautiful serie. The art remind me a little of Hisae Iwoaka in more complex which I already liked a lot.
    I honestly don't mind the erotic part. They are not here just for the eyecandy but are really an important part of their relationship.
    I really liked the chapter 'Contradiction'. It resumes quite well the story so far. Tetsuo and Akira are full of them but they still love each others.
    Now I wonder how Tetsuo will deal with his Hanami issue. So far he consider her as just a muse but it seems there is more than that in reality.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well someone () made me discover this series a more or less a year ago. Well too bad I already know the doom of this relationship since it's a separate prequel of another serie. The erotic part has its purpose as it is not just for candy eye. Unfortunately, the release is (was ?) irregular, I forgot to read for quite some time until recently.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Prequel of which story ? From my understanding the one indicated as a spin off in mangaupdate are not really related.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Well someone () made me discover this series a more or less a year ago. Well too bad I already know the doom of this relationship since it's a separate prequel of another serie. The erotic part has its purpose as it is not just for candy eye. Unfortunately, the release is (was ?) irregular, I forgot to read for quite some time until recently.
    oh really?? damn, I thought it was a stand-alone, and therefore nobody really knew as to how the story would go ahahahaha.

now you hold power over us mere mortals, sir.

When you guys say "erotic" i found it funny because, it's kinda natural for seinen, no? And I think it's a big part of the story. Right now I find it to be a bit of a genius work. It's as if the protagonist is written in a way where he can get away with anything because he's an artist, and artists just think in a different way than most people do, so whatever he does, the people around him will just have to understand that he sees things differently. Like his obsession for the girl, but has a different fondness for the woman.

And the woman, (i forgot her name, lol), being around artists and all, seems to understand- or at least it looks like it, what he's going through- yet even if she does, she cannot just abandon her womanly desires to keep him to herself. I think that's where the story is heading anyway.

It's also an interesting dynamic because the woman is older. She expects different things out of the relationship than what a younger man would.

New Reply