Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: haki and logia

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    haki and logia

    people keep saying
    "logia are nearly invincible" "hahaa no, haki power"
    logias are touched by haki or natural elemental enemies
    lets skip second part,which cant be changed

    if a logia uses armament haki himself, he would negate the haki attack and be ethereal

    why not?

  2. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Judging on what has been confirmed so far, defending with Haki against Haki is quite possible except that for all we know, hardening turns the user's body into a solid armor rather than make it even more intangible.
    So, Haki-hardened body vs Haki-imbued attack= shock like a sword parrying another and the outcome depends on whose Haki is stronger (cf Smoker's staff vs Vergo's bamboo stick).

    Or maybe a sufficient amount of Haki in the defender does negates that in the attack, which leaves only the "normal" effects to take place and that's how the admirals survived a confronttion with Whitebeard in the war (and how Ace got killed). We still don't know much about Haki.
    Last edited by Seafarer; July 12, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    exactly what i had in mind
    if logia haki > enemy haki
    logia haki wins and he is unaffected
    after all, haki is supposed to be the spirit of a man

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
    exactly what i had in mind
    if logia haki > enemy haki
    logia haki wins and he is unaffected
    after all, haki is supposed to be the spirit of a man
    I agree, but it's not binary. I think Akainu is getting hurt here, though perhaps less than someone that can't turn their neck into lava.

    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I agree, but it's not binary. I think Akainu is getting hurt here, though perhaps less than someone that can't turn their neck into lava.
    I don't think it works that way to be honest. Logia users don't regenerate at all, hurting them is a matter of making physical contact. Its not like with marco who regenerates haki or not. Once haki is added into the mix logia bodies should get hurt as people would normally. IMO there is a lot of merit to the idea that haki can cancel itself with a similar haki. It makes sense, if your haki blocks or overwhelms that of the enemy then it should not reach the logia in question thus not making contact with the physical body.

  7. #6
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think it works that way to be honest. Logia users don't regenerate at all, hurting them is a matter of making physical contact. Its not like with marco who regenerates haki or not. Once haki is added into the mix logia bodies should get hurt as people would normally. IMO there is a lot of merit to the idea that haki can cancel itself with a similar haki. It makes sense, if your haki blocks or overwhelms that of the enemy then it should not reach the logia in question thus not making contact with the physical body.
    Me too.

    It works on the bigger willpower to make a powerful Haki. Marco and Vista hasn't a Haki to rivalize with Akainu's one. The same with Vergo and Law, the second has a better one. On other hand, Edward has a proficient level on willpower enough to fight with Akainu. This kind of thing works with Roger and surely Luffy.

  8. #7
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    I dont think we know enough about marco and vista to say they are definitely weaker than the admirals. When the war started they alongside jozu were the ones holding the admirals back overall. And to boot we did see it was at very specific moments where the marines actually got the better of them. Marco took significant damage from when onigumo caught him and kizaru landed several hits on him and jozu overall got defeated when caught off guard by aokiji. Vista was perhaps less impressive however it is worth noting he fought mihawk for a while. Overall the pirates were at a disadvantage from the start, the marines as the defending side had the advantage and that became more evident as the war progressed.

  9. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    haki users are useful against logia users only if there haki is strong. marco and vista attacked akainu with haki but their haki wasn't strong enough. Im sure if shanks attacked akainu with haki itll be a different story since his haki is known to be strong and dangerous. So just knowing haki isn't enough--which is seen when tashigi failed against monet but zoro's haki that was stronger did actual damage.


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  10. #9
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    haki users are useful against logia users only if there haki is strong. marco and vista attacked akainu with haki but their haki wasn't strong enough. Im sure if shanks attacked akainu with haki itll be a different story since his haki is known to be strong and dangerous. So just knowing haki isn't enough--which is seen when tashigi failed against monet but zoro's haki that was stronger did actual damage.
    Incorrect example. Tashigi was not able to hurt Monet not because her Haki was in any way inferior but because of the simple fact that Monet was too fast and had a great maneuverability, so Tashigi was not able to land a hit. Zoro was able to because Monet was attacking Tashigi and generally did not expect Zoro to attack because she thought he won´t attack women. Don´t forget that the one who finished off Monet in the end was Tashigi.

  11. #10
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Incorrect example. Tashigi was not able to hurt Monet not because her Haki was in any way inferior but because of the simple fact that Monet was too fast and had a great maneuverability, so Tashigi was not able to land a hit. Zoro was able to because Monet was attacking Tashigi and generally did not expect Zoro to attack because she thought he won´t attack women. Don´t forget that the one who finished off Monet in the end was Tashigi.
    okay but smoker clearly said tashigi's haki was too weak to go against law. So Im sure her haki is still under construction.


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  12. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Incorrect example. Tashigi was not able to hurt Monet not because her Haki was in any way inferior but because of the simple fact that Monet was too fast and had a great maneuverability, so Tashigi was not able to land a hit. Zoro was able to because Monet was attacking Tashigi and generally did not expect Zoro to attack because she thought he won´t attack women. Don´t forget that the one who finished off Monet in the end was Tashigi.
    And to further this, Zoro did not use haki at all. He scared Monet with his killer instinct so that she lost her senses

  13. #12
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    And to further this, Zoro did not use haki at all. He scared Monet with his killer instinct so that she lost her senses
    He cut her cheek with his katana first using Haki. Otherwise she wouldn't have been aware that he actually doesn't have a problem with hurting women.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  14. #13
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    And to further this, Zoro did not use haki at all. He scared Monet with his killer instinct so that she lost her senses
    A killer instinct won't allow characters to attack logia users, better cross that out of your mind before it manifest as a fact in your understanding of OP. :P Zoro can clearly use haki, it was mentioned more than once. Sanji seems to have an advantage in CoO, Zoro in CoA.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #14
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    @Rahz: yes you are right that he can use haki, and I know that. But that wasn't the scene I was talking about (well right scene but different moment). But yeah, he did not use haki at all was wrong.

    @Schabrak: You better learn to understand what I ment instead of this rampling. Read the scene again where Zoro cuts Monet in half. He did not use haki for that and Monet was having a hard time solidifying herself correctly again because she was so full of fear. He did not cut her with haki at that moment. If he did, she would've been dead before Ceasar stabbed her heart.
    Last edited by Dekker; July 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

  17. #15
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: haki and logia

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    @Rahz: yes you are right that he can use haki, and I know that. But that wasn't the scene I was talking about (well right scene but different moment). But yeah, he did not use haki at all was wrong.

    @Schabrak: You better learn to understand what I ment instead of this rampling. Read the scene again where Zoro cuts Monet in half. He did not use haki for that and Monet was having a hard time solidifying herself correctly again because she was so full of fear. He did not cut her with haki at that moment. If he did, she would've been dead before Ceasar stabbed her heart.
    She bleeds, therefore he used haki for that first strike, shortly before she mentions the palpable bloodlust. Only his Daishinkan wasn't filled with haki as that would have instantly killed her.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    And to further this, Zoro did not use haki at all. He scared Monet with his killer instinct so that she lost her senses
    Thus your argument that he didn't use it at all is false. edit: Yes, you did admit that he didn't use it at the beginning, but what's the reason for your first post than? Monet lost because Zoro was too strong/fast/fearsome and knew that Zoro was capable of slicing her organs apart with the usage of haki. She never had a chance, as Zoro isn't as forgiving as his captain or holding back. She was ice and he was proficient in slicing things apart. I'm pretty sure that she was nothing than fodder to him and thus he didn't need to use any more of his power.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts