Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 125 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 125 Discussion / 126 Predictions

Hm, well its true... Still even if in page number its long enough we always get far too longly dragged fights >.> I mean sure I love kwon and his badass stuff but they exchanged blows and cut off a few tree, they started doing that in the last chapter, for me its...not enough :| Sure I know since its not the only shounen fight I read that its like this usually but somehow I feel like the 1st "series" and maybe even the start of 2nd had more information-stuff what happened per chapter then nowadays :| or might be that I just feel like it cause of the actions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    Okay. I admit it. I drooled.

The other elders are masters, but there is a difference between a master and a grand master. Kwon is older and a lot, lot more powerful. He has spent time training and pushing himself in insane ways even when the others only went on at a normal pace. Kwon and Shik are on a completely different level from the normal elders.

As for jumping, you have to understand the mechanics of Kyung Gong, the Lightness Skill that they use in order to do that. When jumping upwards or across great distances, body weight is distributed and controlled with ki, using the ki center (which is also the physical bodies center of balance) as a pivot point in order to move in ways that can be perceived as super human. On a base level, this is simply moving in the most efficient way possible, and then that efficiency is enhanced by using the above normal strength acquired from nei gong training and having lots of ki. Guys who practice and master the essence of Parkour use movement skill like this all the time, just without the ki aspect.

When it comes to jumping down, then, there is a certain aspect of this skill that has to be applied in order to land safely. Controlling body weight and movement in the most efficient manner possible is the essence of Lightness Skill, and so for someone who has trained it to a great degree, landing from a great height is a simple matter because they simply transfer the kinetic force of the fall into the ground. Thus, instead of it being an impact which effects both the body and the ground like a normal collision, most or all of the force is transferred straight into the ground and the force of the landing is neutralized (which is, again, common practice in things like Parkour--rolling when landing to neutralize the impact). It's not some magical skill where the body becomes weightless, it's a complex technique involving extremely complex body mechanics and nei gong.

So, then, the greater the height you fall from, the more force there is upon impact. Look at where Kwon landed from the helicopter. This isn't jumping off of a couple of stories from an apartment building, he jumped from several hundred feet away and at least a couple hundred feet up. There was a creator where he landed, because that much force was transferred into the ground.

And now, comparing Kwon to Jinie, even if Jinie has a good skill in Kyung Gong, that kind of jump is simply beyond her. Watch the end of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, where someone who was an extremely competent master of lightness skill committed suicide by jumping off a cliff. There are limits to everything, including this. If Jinie and the other Elders jumped the way Kwon did, while they would probably live, they wouldn't be able to stand up and fight like Kwon. They would get hurt.

Kwon is simply a monster.
    oh trust me I totally understand all that, I was just my frustration talking before. Kwon being a monster has even been spoken from the mouth of someone in a similar realm as him so no doubt lol

It just feels like a rub in the face everytime the author purposely shows shiion stuck there like a stick. I even wish now that he'd made Shik knock out shioon instead of making him look this pathetic after all his progress. I'd have liked a knocked out shioon than this though...not expecting shioon to have won against Shik so knocked out would have been better than zombie humiliation...almost as bad as if he was scared to move..which goes against his whole philosophy lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The story is not progressing at all... I expected a lot from Shiwoon.. and all that option of him breaking out..going wild..winning duel has been subdued... No Hope for our main character

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    The story is not progressing at all... I expected a lot from Shiwoon.. and all that option of him breaking out..going wild..winning duel has been subdued... No Hope for our main character
    Oh, there's still hope alright. After all, with Kwon & the Doc both gone from the scene, there's ample opportunity for Glasses Guy to mess it up and for Shioon to go on a rampage which they won't be able to stop (the only ones present on the island who might handle a Berserker Shioon easily enough just left the scene, see?)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I hope to see bot too, would love the expression Kwon should get seeing the "clan head" in bot
    But if we could get a chapter like this week's one it might not happen anytime soon (in case this would happen). Anyhow something has to happen already o.o but as u guys said, next will be another fodder with the helis getting down and possibly starting to fight fodder vs fodder and I hope for at least 2weeks from now for something to happen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krisztian922 View Post
    Hm, well its true... Still even if in page number its long enough we always get far too longly dragged fights >.> I mean sure I love kwon and his badass stuff but they exchanged blows and cut off a few tree, they started doing that in the last chapter, for me its...not enough :| Sure I know since its not the only shounen fight I read that its like this usually but somehow I feel like the 1st "series" and maybe even the start of 2nd had more information-stuff what happened per chapter then nowadays :| or might be that I just feel like it cause of the actions.
    Part one was a monthly release so that's why it didn't seem as light in content. I'm always tempted to wait a few weeks and read it in batches, but I just can't help myself and settle for these weekly cliffhangers and teases.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh*

On to next week, I guess. Thanks for wasting three chapters in a row for nothing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member brold's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon is 'stuck' because he currently does not know how to break the Hold.

When Shioon realizes that he has no more 'hope' of avoiding re-capture, he will use (current level) proper BOT as a last resort.
    I might know the difference...maybe.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Can't read Korean, but I strongly suspect it's related to that little event they set up before.

There's some nice fanart there at any rate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see those 2 other Sunwoo elders fight next chapter.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a small time leap happening on the next chapter. The heli's landing is an obvious occurrence. I see the other elders getting involved and treating the fodder a little better than Jinnie and Sera. Ha-Il will be on par with them. Fox face will not be a part of the entourage. However as the military fodder so to speak are slowly and surely being taken down.

All within this next chapter mind you. Glasses moron is going to pull a Smug face and try, again I say with emphasis TRY, to use Shioon as a hostage. That is where the chapter will end. Shioon will not show bot, that will get boring real fast. "Oh, let me just pull out bot and thrash theses newbs." Yawn, I want to see some special move from Shioon. He is starting to move with the stomp, he tried a new punch, but he needs to pull off some badness without bot. Yes, his body changed but that transformation is only a part of the transfiguration. Let the butterfly now take flight. Shioon cannot allow. Glasses to take him!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Glasses Guy will touch Shioon on the neck like smug face and then Shioon will pull of a Ki absorbtion tech (like Shiho or in another manhwa the protagonist in the ruler of the land ) draining the Ki of Glasses Guy making fall on the ground unconscious

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Glasses Guy will touch Shioon on the neck like smug face and then Shioon will pull of a Ki absorbtion tech (like Shiho or in another manhwa the protagonist in the ruler of the land ) draining the Ki of Glasses Guy making fall on the ground unconscious
    Interesting that you reference that manhwa because they are both by the same author, if you didn't know. But would rather have Shioon do that thunderbolt strike move, where he jumps up and uses a tree for footing to propel.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireRogue View Post
    Interesting that you reference that manhwa because they are both by the same author, if you didn't know. But would rather have Shioon do that thunderbolt strike move, where he jumps up and uses a tree for footing to propel.
    he can't jump because he is restricted the ki absorption will be a better tech or Cry of the Phoenix

if he use the ki absorption then glasses guy will fall if Glasses guy tries to make Shioon hostage

if he use BOT it will be bad for both party because Jinie will just tell others that Shioon will attack anyone

if he use Cry of the Phoenix the Elders will hear it and come back to Shioon

or Shioon absorb Glasses Guy 's Ki then use Cry of the Phoenix and the elders will feel some ominous feeling (large amount of Ki) on Shioon's location and heard the Cry of the Phoenix and then when they arrive Shioon is getting ready to use BOT

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast