Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 125 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 125 Discussion / 126 Predictions

My guess is that we will see cry of the phoenix and bot too, but Shioon will have some measure of control this time. For people who are getting sick of bot I think you are going to have to get used to it because the author clearly intends to have Shioon be the first to "complete" bot which is super powerful but inherently flawed. This is the perfect moment for him to show Shioon's progress on that front. Think about it guys would you rather see bot pulled out here when the opponent is a grandmaster or later against smugface and the suc? Personally I don't mind bot here at all because I think it's appropriate, but when Shioon destroys the SUC it needs to be clear that he is at/above smugface's level without bot.

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm only worried about that we will see 1-2 patchetic (from shioon's perspective) chapter yet before we get to see anything from him. There are too many pawns on the ground with the 2 grandmaster/glasses dude/helis with the rest of the elders and jinnie + all the fodder on ground.
    I think its min. 2 more chapters at best before we can see any action from Shioon. I guess we will see in next chapter some action between the fodders from both side after the helis got down, then a chapter where we get to know about the past of what the 2 grandmaster holds together with some acton then I really hope we wont have to take loger and we will see some awesomeness from Shioon.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think after this battle (if Shioon use a perfected BOT and pawned even doctor shik )there will be a meeting between the Master of each school in MMA talking about how to subjugate Sunwoo courtesy of Smug Face

Smug Face telling MMA that this is the time to attack Sunwoo because they are now in shambles because their Elder and Gaju died

then Elder Shik will come in and hear all of this and he will have some injuries and Kang- Sung will say that Elder Shik looks like had a duel somewhere and Elder Shik brag(as always) that the one that did this to him is the Gaju of Sunwoo Clan

and Smug Face will butt in saying that after the death of their Gaju they already choose a new one ? hahahaha!

and Elder Shik will say who is this brat? if you are not part of this meeting you should leave

and Elder Shik will say what is the name of the Gaju and he will say "LEE SHIOON" the Sunwoo's Gaju did this too me

and everyone will be surprised about it and Hyuk-So Chun will again touch his chest (hahaha like he is exited on the news )

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me when does this usually come out? Cause sometimes I try to stay up long enough (I'm in cest/gmt+1 time zone) to catch it but when its late its impossible cause its early afternoon for me but usually its out at morning but i never knew when exactly.

nwm, I see they already wrote a comment as it will be late again at friday.
    Last edited by krisztian922; July 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Seoul South Korea is in GMT +9 and if the author is on time, the chapter gets published around 12 noon'ish locally.
    For you in GMT +1 that means he releases around 4am.

This week he is planning on releasing in late afternoon locally, so around 5pm in Korea. That means around 9am for you in your time zone.

Just get a good nights sleep.
    Assuming you don't have to get up to go to work.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've been thinking about the scenario as it stands, and about the possibility of Shioon breaking out of his shackles this week, since there was a chapter cover that provided me with a little extra hope for a few hours.

Anyways I've heard people talking about the cry of the phoenix and have mentioned it myself, and earlier I know a number of folks were considering the possibility of Shioon somehow taking down the helicopter. I'm just wondering why no one has put the two together yet. Consider how the apache is getting closer and closer to the ground as it tries to keep the Sunwoo clan from landing, once it gets close enough...

The author really seems to enjoy recycling prior events with slight tweaks, and the whole thing with the chopper is just like the first time we saw the cry of the phoenix from GMR except Sosul saw it coming and helped Alex dodge.
    Last edited by jacoobus; July 25, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never really understood what the 'Cry of the Phoenix' was supposed to do... other than express the extreme trauma that GMR was feeling at that moment.

It didn't seem to do any physical damage. The helicopter did lurch to the side but that was because Sosul yanked on the controls to get the helicopter away from GMR at that moment. It was very loud but no one's hearing was impaired. My closest impression of what it does was, it attacks the psyche and leaves the people who hear it unstable and off balance. It makes them vulnerable and afraid.

At least that would be my take on it. I don't see how it could take a helicopter out except if the pilot freaked out and ran into something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyuk said that whe GMR used Cry of the Phoenix that it was his first time hearing such powerful sounding tech

i think the original power of cry of the phoenix is more like a screech move from pokemon where in close range it can make you paralyze for a second and make an opening for an attack

just like Screech move in pokemon where if used it will lower the pokemon's defense :P

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I've never really understood what the 'Cry of the Phoenix' was supposed to do... other than express the extreme trauma that GMR was feeling at that moment.

It didn't seem to do any physical damage. The helicopter did lurch to the side but that was because Sosul yanked on the controls to get the helicopter away from GMR at that moment. It was very loud but no one's hearing was impaired. My closest impression of what it does was, it attacks the psyche and leaves the people who hear it unstable and off balance. It makes them vulnerable and afraid.

At least that would be my take on it. I don't see how it could take a helicopter out except if the pilot freaked out and ran into something.
    Well it's hard to say what effect it's supposed to have because there was really no one that close to GMR when it happened. He was all alone on the helipad, the closest people were Sosul and Alex in the chopper. The fact that Sosul felt the need to make sure the chopper wasn't too close and the scene with the shockwave pushing the chopper is enough for me to infer that there would have been a problem if they had not moved. Also if you look at the page with the shockwave Sosul has clearly already covered her ears but the chopper still appears to be getting pushed aside.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4