Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Shinji Hirako

The results are hidden 0%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Shinji vs Ichigo

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Shinji vs Ichigo

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

QUARTER FINALS

Welcome to the Quarter Finals of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Shinji vs Ichigo

This should be interesting

I'm currently siding with Ichigo here. Interested to see the arguments for this one

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see Shinji's shikai being particularly painful for Ichigo. I'm going to have to think about this one some more, maybe get some insight from the offerings of others in the forum.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be hard. Ichigo is hot-headed, stubborn, but very strong opponent. The thing is, I can't see him fighting in Sakanade's reversed world like Aizen. We still don't know how Aizen countered that. After cutting Shinji he said "Kyoka Suigetsu is stronger" and "he beat him at his own game". I always thought he just used Kyoka Suigetsu on himself to reverse that ability. But still, Ichigo wouldn't be able to fight Masked Shinji in that world. Even if he figured it out, he would be severely injured before he could block one or two slashes. It's not a matter of blocking one slash. He would have to block consecutive slashes and still having everything sort out in his head. If you think carefully you can block one slash. But you won't be able to figure everything out while facing slash after slash. And all of them are from the other direction, but direction you're looking is opposite, just like side of a slash. Up and down is also opposite. So if Shinji slashes upwards towards Ichigo's face from the left, what is a REAL slash? Can Ichigo figure it out in short span between two slashes?

Even without Bankai Shinji wins IMO. Ichigo is much stronger, but his opponent is just inconvenient.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 13, 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, just because you hit harder doesn't mean you will win the fight.

Ichigo is very strong and fast but i just can't imagine him figuring out Shinjis shikai fast enough (if at all) to defend against it and defeat Shinji.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As has already been stated, Shinji's ability is very, very problematic for Ichigo - As Shinji states, the more experienced you are the more effective Sakanade is. Ichigo fights instinctively, using his speed and power. He gets in close and overpowers the opponents, and Shinji can easily get Sakanade off, at which point despite Ichigo's strength he becomes a sitting duck, blocking and swinging at air.

Saying that, Ichigo's speed may cause a problem, and his GT is bloody powerful, however Shinji is a captain and leader of the Vaizards so he's not likely to get OHKO'd...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now that I thought about it, Shinji's ability is even more troublesome. He can basically disappear into thin air, by going consecutively into shikai and going back to unreleased form over and over again. He is in front of you, so he is at your back. Then, he goes into non-shikai, disappearing (because he is behind you in fact)and slashes you. Then he attacks from fron of you, uses Sakanade, disappears, you look behind you to see him, he disactivates Sakanade, he is in front of you and you can't even see him. Damn, SRs are sooo fuc*** while fighting him. Well, that's why Shinji was only bruised and rushed to other Sternritters because Yamaji would "steal all the fun".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo is not smart enough to figure out how Shinji's shikai works, and even if Shinji told him, he wouldn't be able to adjust. Ichigo is not Aizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think it's awesome Ichigo may be taken out before the Semi's?
    Though with the silent majority of voters, the discussion is no indicator of how this is going to go sadly...
    Not Perfect is GOoD

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Am going to join the Shinji bandwagon.
    This is just not a good matchup fro Ichigo (especially as this isn't FGT Ichigo)
    Infinite RAGE!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I expected someone to argue against my point about Shinji's shikai, maybe put another perspective forward. It seems as though everyone is pretty much in agreement on this, I guess I'm going to vote now. I guess power alone isn't enough.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXAshisogiJizoXx View Post
    Anyone else think it's awesome Ichigo may be taken out before the Semi's?
    Though with the silent majority of voters, the discussion is no indicator of how this is going to go sadly...
    Yup, it just shows, that power isn't everything. If you have outstanding power only two things can beat you. Ability you can't counter or even greater power. In first case, you don't have to be very strong overally. It's like good BJJ fighter fighting a bigger boxer. Boxer packs a punch, ok, but he can't counter BJJ techniques. He just doesn't know how. He'd lose despite being "stronger".

Damn, I hope there won't be much people who will just vote "Ichigo" because he is main protagonist. In the end it may turn out, that Shinji is the strongest being in Bleachverse. xD But hey, we have more interesting match-ups like Kyoraku vs Yoruichi and Urahara vs Kenpachi... I can imagine discussions there. Two "intelligence and ability vs brute strength".
    Last edited by Duniak; July 14, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Ichigo can use his bankai (well, pseudo-bankai), it seems Shinji may have the advantage here due to Ichigo's straightforward fighting style. I wonder if Shinji used his shikai against the Sternritter he fought though, how did his opponent counter it?

It's quite hard to fight when you can't trust your eyes, would Ichigo's instincts be enough in such a battle? Could he still fight effectively after Shinji slashed him a couple of times? I'm not sure, Shinji probably has the upper hand here.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Even though Ichigo can use his bankai (well, pseudo-bankai), it seems Shinji may have the advantage here due to Ichigo's straightforward fighting style. I wonder if Shinji used his shikai against the Sternritter he fought though, how did his opponent counter it?
    The thing is, we don't know if he fought. Shinji was bruised and ran to fight Sternritters. But HOW did he get bruised? Did he defeat Sternitter? We didn't see him facing Sternritter like others. If he did fight, SR didn't counter at all. He might have been OHKO'd after shooting air. Slash covers some distance. You can cut all the way from left to right or from up downwards. But when you shoot arrow you shoot exact point. Bows are just... the worst weapon to fight Shinji, ever. Swords aren't good either. Nothing is good. Shinji's ability is too hax for normal fighter. SRs are just dead if they face Shinji. So is Ichigo. We still have 3-4 SRs not introduced. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them is already dead, by Shinji's hand. I wouldn't be surprised, if Shinji was War Potential. He has a mask, that makes his strength and brute force beyond captain level in Shikai. His ability is so hax, that Quincies won't be able to counter it. And we have yet to see his Bankai. I love those ability-based Bankais. I can't wait to see Kyoraku's, Ukitake's, Aizen's and Shinji's bankais. *.*

People fight with their instinct. To shorten the span between decision and reaction, our brain created reflexes. When you accidentally touch something hot you take away your hand. Then you realize why. It's the same with reflexes. And Shinji's ability makes all that useless. But can Ichigo's brain accept that and NOT use reflexes? It's impossible. The more someone fights, the more reflexes he creates. Ichigo is so experienced, that he fights depending only on his reflexes. And whatever he does, his subconciousness will prevail. Even if he thinks I can't dodge it like that, his brain will still send an information to do it, then he might try to change it. If he gets used to it, he'd have to abandon reflexes and fight with them, and that will make his reaction time much, much, much longer. At the same time, he'd have to think how he has to dodge it and react accordingly. It's next to impossible. How did Aizen do it? I can only think of copying Sakanade's ability with his Kyoka Suigetsu and using it on himself. That'd explain those "beat you in your own game" and "KS is stronger, bitch!" lines.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 14, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo, Aizen made up his presense of Shinji fighting him. Shinji was duped because he was already under KS's effects. Basically Aizen was toying with him.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast