Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Team 5 (Byakuya Kuchiki, Hachigen Ushōda, Rangiku Matsumoto)

The results are hidden 0%
  • Team 8 (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Uryū Ishida, Choe Neng Poww)

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed

Thread: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Team 5 vs Team 8

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Team 5 vs Team 8

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

QUARTER FINALS

Welcome to the Quarter Finals of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 5
    TEAM 8

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Team 5 vs Team 8

Team 5 Has the advantage
    Matsumoto can Handle that Neng Poww pretty easily considering she is fast and can deal some damage with her shikai. Plus she can use some Kido as well.

Hachigan showed some incredible Kidos and he can have Ishisda trapped and killed with his Kido as well.

Main match will be between Grimjoww and Byakuya, Byakuya have the advantage because of his Shikai and then his Bankai can be the decider.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Matsumoto handle Poww easily? Lol, highly doubt that. Poww was clearly displayed as being one of the most powerful fraccion, just his presence alone gave fearful pause to Hisagi and Kira (who were supposed to be on their way to support Ikkaku) and this is after they defeated their own fraccion opponents. Matsumoto meanwhile was pretty much getting wrecked against Harribels fraccion, all she managed to do was get them arguing with each other and using Haineko but that was easily countered and from there she was just being toyed with. Poww shook off hits from one of the most physically intimidating Captains in the Gotei, after defeating Ikkaku (Who himself matched Iba in Shikai, so he fights at a Lieutenant level) pretty easily. Infact, Iba wanted absolutely no part of that tango, even with Ikkaku beside him

I can't see Matsumoto accomplishing much of anything against Poww, other than being defeated. She doesn't have any post-TS feats so really not much to go off of

However the rest of the fight should be very intereting. Grimmjow vs Byakuya is already a heated debate in itself, but Hachigen vs Ishida is a matchup I've always found intriguing. While Hachigen can erect all type of crazy barriers and such with kido, Ishida is the perfect counter to it as he can deconstruct them using things like Seele Schneider, or even when he's bound use Ransotengai to continue moving

Very interesting fight. I can't decide on who wins yet..... Slightly leaning toward Team 8 however
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; July 13, 2013 at 04:15 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its funny because Grim and Ishida are most likely stronger than team 5 now, but Kubo is being a troll and hasn't let them show off their new strength. Until he does, team 5 takes this with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Team 8 should have the advantage of 3 on 2 after not long seeing as Matsumoto has no chance of harming Poww, and Poww can definitely be a nuisance if either Hachi or Byakuya is already preoccupied.

No doubt Hachi can bind Poww with something powerful enough to remove him from the fight, but certainly not while fighting with someone as analytical as Ishida. Kido needs some level of breathing room to perform, and Ishida should be well aware enough to not let Hachi have that, and has enough tools to do so. I also agree that Seele Schneider should prove very difficult to block for even Hachi's barriers, considering the nature of its form/energy acting like a "buzzsaw". Ishida quickly analyzed how Szaeyel moved and where he went after each attack, no reason he can't set up Hachi.

For Byakuya vs GJ, I just really want to see that fight in animation for some reason. Those elbow darts, given their massive force and tiny size would make it hard for Byakuya to block effectively with his SZ. Same with Desgarron. Combined with one of the better Hierro's we've seen while he is released, gran rey cero to clear the area, he should give Byakuya a hard time and a lot to deal with, though not sure if he can beat him. If Poww and Ishida can finish up before them though, Team 8 would win soundly via domino effect; Poww -> Ishida -> GJ.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya's bankai is awesome for team fights. Considering the number of 'petals' it shouldn't be hard for him to go on the defensive - defending both him and Hachigen, until Hachigen can bind one of the others.
    I can not see any of them breaking a lvl 99 kin - poe may have the strength, but hollowfied Kensei didn't, so maybe not.
    If he can bind Ishida or Grimjaw (or both - going by the speed he casts kido and how he managed to do so in the TBTP arc) then the match severely swings in team 5's favour.
    Infinite RAGE!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to agree, and say that Byakuya and Hachigen make for an effective team. Byakuya can effectively switch from offence to defence, allowing Hachigen time to work his kido. Matsumoto is probably an awful match for Poww, to be honest. However, I could see her being an effective foil to Ishida for a while, at the very least. I don't see anyone on Team 8 being capable of handling Hachigen's kido, so long as he's given the chance. For me, a potential partnership between Byakuya and Hachigen gives this to Team 5.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think team 8 wins this - Poww is pretty strong, and Uryu is definitely a threat. Matsumoto will die straight away when Ishida fires 1200 homing arrows at her. Poww is physically very strong, and Uryu is a long-range high speed fighter. Together they can close down Hachi, or IMHO working together hold out against Byakuya. If Byakuya's playing defensive, Poww manages to muscle his way into them and hit Byakuya. If Byakuya goes offensive on Poww, Uryu can find an opening. Now Poww is by no means stronger than Byakuya, but saying that he is very physically strong and resilient. He is above the VC level, and a long way above Matsumoto. Grimmjow in a 1v1 I can see handling either Hachi with his insane speed or Byakuya with his power and versatility.

Don't overestimate Hachi - he may be capable of doing quick and powerful Kidos but anyone with great speed can overpower him fairly easily...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are people forgetting the fact that Ichigo in mask form was having a tuff time against the speed of Grimm then think about what Ichigo did to Byakuya while in that form, Grimm would eat Hachi alive if Uyruu keeps Byakuya busy on the defensive and Poww can easily take care of Rangiku
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Why are people forgetting the fact that Ichigo in mask form was having a tuff time against the speed of Grimm then think about what Ichigo did to Byakuya while in that form, Grimm would eat Hachi alive if Uyruu keeps Byakuya busy on the defensive and Poww can easily take care of Rangiku
    Because, unfortunately, Ichigo's speed and power have not stayed consistent, or progressed in a linear fashion, throughout the story. Ichigo with his mask/possessed by his hollow vs Byakuya =/= the same Ichigo vs Grimmjaw.
    Also, later in the fight, for whatever reason, Ichigo had no problems with Grimjaw's speed or power (catching his hand easily for example).

I also do not share the opinion that Hacchigen is unable to deal with fast opponents. I have yet to see an adequate example of either:
    A: Hacchigen having difficulty dealing with something/someone fast.
    B: Kido being useless/weak against fast opponents (as long as you don't need to chant).
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaning towards team 5. Normally I would have said grimmjow could beat byakuya and then proceed to go after hachigen and rangiku however. Byakuya noticably improved according to tsukishima and look at Sky's damage output on a tank such a byakuya himself and the possibility that it wasn't even his full power I'm inclined to believe that byakuya wins this untill grimmjow get's new TS feats. Byakuya's reactions improved noticably given he intercepted his own bankai which was bieng used by as nodt and reacted to his own bankai while using his arm within the ''hurtless area''. I don't think kido will do much to grimmjoww however improved sky and attack speed should wear grimmjow down after long battle.

I'd say byakuya beats grimmjow meanwhile hachigen beats uryu ishida. Hachigen's barriers can stop barragan for a second and even react to respira. His respira was fast enough to outspeed a weakend soifon and a vice captain who blitzed a fraccion. I'm sure ishida with his current feats won't be dodging each of his barriers easily neither will he blitz hachigen letz stille or not. Also given the it took somebody like barragan some time to age his barriers I doubt ishida will be deconstructing them that easilu Not to mention the incredibly overpowered teleporting kido that works seemingly on making contact with his opponents.

Poww would beat rangiku down however given her preffered style of fighting it might take while. Byakuya might have already gotten the edge and hachigen might have killed poww off or already weakend uryu.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

grimmjow shouldn't be able to defeat byakuya,though the latter had troubles against a weaker espada. uryu should be the strongest,but we don't know it yet. wait, can we consider kilge's statement a proof? I guess no. so team 5 wins...

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Team 5 (Byakuya Kuchiki, Hachigen Ushōda, Rangiku Matsumoto) : 19
    Team 8 (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Uryū Ishida, Choe Neng Poww) : 6

Team 5 advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed