Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: do some fruits lack the scalation/leveling

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: do some fruits lack the scalation/leveling

@airgrimes

I'm not saying Ace reached the peak of his "personal" abilities but his fruit can only do so much. I think someone can become the strongest with the Mera Mera but it won't be because their fruit is top notch. I don't see the Mera Mera being on par with the Gura Gura, Pika Pika or Enel's fruit ever. Smoker did improve but the scale of his DF powers are the same. He pretty much just learned Haki.

One Piece is very balanced when haki is involved. Gol D. and Garp are proof of that. How about this? We all know that pre time skip Law is stronger than pre time skip Nami. Lets assume Law doesnt know Haki and Nami ate the Pika Pika no mi...who would win in a fight between the two? Hell, Nami would be able to defeat all the supernovas(pre time skip) at the same time if she had the Pika Pika.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; July 24, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    One Piece is very balanced when haki is involved. Gol D. and Garp are proof of that. How about this? We all know that pre time skip Law is stronger than pre time skip Nami. Lets assume Law doesnt know Haki and Nami ate the Pika Pika no mi...who would win in a fight between the two? Hell, Nami would be able to defeat all the supernovas(pre time skip) at the same time if she had the Pika Pika.
    Well, we don't know what Gol D. actually had just yet.

But you're point is very true. Pika Pika no Mi user VS anybody without Haki = Only one winner lol.

Well, you did list Ace down with the people you claimed to be at their peak... Thing is, he was 20 years old. We have no idea how much their fruit could do.
    Considering he was improving at the same rate as Luffy ever since they met, and Fire is like an opposite to Ice, had we given Ace a decade of rapid improvement like he and Luffy had been getting then I would expect Ace to be creating vast and mass amounts of fire like Aokiji does.

The Mera Mera no Mi is pure flames. Sure it isn't the same as the Gura Gura or Pika Pika, but at least light doesn't necessarily put out flames in nature.
    Mera Mera is pretty equal to Aokiji's Ice fruit imo.

Smoker is disappointing for me. He should be flying around from Island to island as a high speed cloud by now. The same way Crocodile is able to slide across the ground at a good speed. Smoker's DF is limited but he probably still has things to achieve that he hasn't been able to do.
    Remember he is in his mid 30s so he isn't young, but he still has years to improve since in One Piece you can keep getting stronger until your late 50s lol.
    (The Admirals are all in their 50s)

Shanks is in his late 30s for example, so Smoker is still a little way from his peak in terms of his Fruit... I hope...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mera Mera no Mi would actually be a pretty strong fruit. I mean, the user is fire incarnate. It should be able to stand up to most logia including Enel's. All Ace's moves were pretty reserved with someone with that kind of power.

Smoker is way disappointing and as Airgrimes said, he should be a lot better than he currently is. He apparently has the ability to propel his limbs at high speeds so why isn't any using it more? Does he not know the damage he could do and the ground he could cover?

I'm giving Crocodile a pass as I think Oda was kinda holding him back in his past appearances. I'm holding out hope that his future performances will show why he is a New World Veteran and a Shichibukai.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    The Mera Mera no Mi would actually be a pretty strong fruit. I mean, the user is fire incarnate. It should be able to stand up to most logia including Enel's. All Ace's moves were pretty reserved with someone with that kind of power.

Smoker is way disappointing and as Airgrimes said, he should be a lot better than he currently is. He apparently has the ability to propel his limbs at high speeds so why isn't any using it more? Does he not know the damage he could do and the ground he could cover?

I'm giving Crocodile a pass as I think Oda was kinda holding him back in his past appearances. I'm holding out hope that his future performances will show why he is a New World Veteran and a Shichibukai.
    Honestly, the one thing that really disappointed me is that we've only seen one true elemental form. That was the Thunder God. Theoretically every logiauser is capable of that. The second shown form was Monet. It was her normal form for combat and she showed a snow and snowstorm form. It was not an annouced technique in that way, so i count it as a half point. :P

Smoker is pretty limited in his combat abilities. But he was always that kind of tough guy that takes more than he's giving.

Crocodile was already extremly powerful back here. He is a true powerhouse and he was standing his ground in the war. And we never saw anyone talking him down easily, so we can assume he has some respect. I'm pretty sure his next appearance will be adding to his badass attitude and very enjoyable. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Honestly, the one thing that really disappointed me is that we've only seen one true elemental form. That was the Thunder God. Theoretically every logiauser is capable of that. The second shown form was Monet. It was her normal form for combat and she showed a snow and snowstorm form. It was not an annouced technique in that way, so i count it as a half point. :P
    Don't forget Ceasar (although he didn't do anything with it). I loved Monet's form though. We need more female logia users.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Crocodile was already extremly powerful back here. He is a true powerhouse and he was standing his ground in the war. And we never saw anyone talking him down easily, so we can assume he has some respect. I'm pretty sure his next appearance will be adding to his badass attitude and very enjoyable. :P
    Oh I have no doubt he was powerful then. I just kinda think he was held back (as well as a few others) during the war. But now that haki has been properly explained and is now a thing for stronger pirates, I expect him to comeback a super badass.
    Last edited by eefrit; July 25, 2013 at 04:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering he was improving at the same rate as Luffy ever since they met, and Fire is like an opposite to Ice, had we given Ace a decade of rapid improvement like he and Luffy had been getting then I would expect Ace to be creating vast and mass amounts of fire like Aokiji does.
    Considering the announcer of Corrida Colosseum said Ace burned down mighty cities with the Mera Mera no Mi and he equally matched Aokiji, I am quite sure it has a "range" similar to the Hie Hie no Mi.

I guess it still requires the user to train to exted the power of his fruit, so the likes of Smoker or Caribou can't spread their Logia powers through an entire island. But we have seen Crocodile or Enel doing that sort of thing, so Ace likely could.
    Last edited by Fox666; July 25, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Considering the announcer of Corrida Colosseum said Ace burned down mighty cities with the Mera Mera no Mi and he equally matched Aokiji, I am quite sure it has a "range" similar to the Hie Hie no Mi.
    Exactly. I've always been pretty confident in saying the Mera Mera no Mi is pretty much equal to the Hie Hie no Mi.
    The difference Aokiji has had his fruit for what should be or could be at least 2 decades.
    Ace had his fruit for roughly 3 years so it would have been impossible for Ace to create the massive barriers of Fire as effortlessly as Ace created barriers of Ice in the War.
    I don't think he equally matched Aokiji fully though. They only met for ONE attack. I think had that gone any longer then Aokiji would have taken Ace down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I guess it still requires the user to train to exted the power of his fruit, so the likes of Smoker or Caribou can't spread their Logia powers through an entire island. But we have seen Crocodile or Enel doing that sort of thing, so Ace likely could.
    Yeah that's what I think.
    I think Smoke is more than good enough of a DF to be covering the mass that Aokiji covered. However Aokiji and Akainu have had their fruits for what seems to be more than 17 years which was more than Luffy's life at the war lol.

Basically Aokiji and Akainu have likely been weilding their fruits longer than Luffy has lived.
    So I think its all about time.
    Remember Luffy has had his fruit for more than 10 years, so he deserves to have Gear 2nd and stuff. That's 10 years of work as opposed to Ace being a beast after 3 years of a DF.

Same with Smoker, I don't know when he got his Fruit, but it probably wasn't anywhere near as long as Kizaru, Aokiji and Akainu had their fruits.
    I'd say give Smoker another 5 more years and hopefully he is creating clouds of smoker over an entire area like Aokiji does with Ice.

I think its all about the time you take to master your fruit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish oda just created fruits based on tangible things/creatures or elements, because these verb fruits like ope-ope, repel df and whatsoever just made the manga more complicated. Imagine oda creating a fruit called " dance dance devil fruit" or something like "tickle tickle df" or a "teach teach df." I don't know man. I wish one piece was that simple. Just think about that ope ope df, I know it works like this"law can do wtever the heck he wants in his room" but what does teleportation have to do with its name ope ope? Oda could've just named it like magic room fruit or something.
    Last edited by garabilagan; July 26, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2