Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3rd stage beyond bankai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd stage beyond bankai

I know this theory is kind of out there. But I was wondering if maybe Nimaiya (god of sword) maybe discovered a third stage beyond bankai, since I'm sure he has a lot of experience and knowledge, in regards to swords considering the fact that he is the inventor of swords in SS. What do you guys think?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3rd stage beyond bankai

Nice thread. And cool question. I've thought of the same thing.
    If you go back to when Ichigo defeated Aizen He took on a new form that was never really explained. I'm not talking about the final getsuga, I'm talking about when his sword was bound to his hand and black chains were around that arm. Perhaps that is a clue that forshadows future upgrades to bankai.

Also @danzouismadara, if anyone spams your thread with pointless comments like what jimtors has done. Just report their posts instead of wasting the time to actually respond to their pointlessness. Just let them ramble on until someone with authority can come and clean up their mess.

And love your threads man. Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Jabman; July 16, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only person that can actually go beyond Bankai is Ichigo, Bankai is like a Shinigami's complete limit they can only refine it so its alot more effective.
    With Ichigo he is a mix of the two biggest power houses in the manga, and if you think of the FGT as a Quincy Ability that Ywach/Zangetsu and Shirokai fused to give Ichigo a mixture of both Quincy and Shinigami abilities everything about the FGT makes sense, And now that Ichigo knows exactly what he is he can better understand what the FGT was and refine it so he doesn't lose his powers once releasing it, or he can create a newer and more improved version.
    Spoiler show

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I think the only person that can actually go beyond Bankai is Ichigo, Bankai is like a Shinigami's complete limit they can only refine it so its alot more effective.
    With Ichigo he is a mix of the two biggest power houses in the manga, and if you think of the FGT as a Quincy Ability that Ywach/Zangetsu and Shirokai fused to give Ichigo a mixture of both Quincy and Shinigami abilities everything about the FGT makes sense, And now that Ichigo knows exactly what he is he can better understand what the FGT was and refine it so he doesn't lose his powers once releasing it, or he can create a newer and more improved version.
    I'm not so sure about this...IIRC, Byakuya has demonstrated "Shūkei: Hakuteiken", which may have been sort of stage beyond Bankai. I might be wrong though, and it might just be another one of his Bankai techniques instead.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is a stage beyond Banaki, but one can evolve their Bankai. Hitsugaya was basically going through this, improving on his Bankai's abilities. So in essence, when you unlock Bankai you have it, but you can't use it to it's full potential yet.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to think of this as mentioned in HxH, where the greater conditions you impose on your power, the stronger it becomes. In this case, FGT has a time limit, therefore it's incredibly powerful. Same with Letzt Stil. While Vollstanding does something similar to Letzt Stil, it doesn't seem to be nearly as powerful (although that might just be a matter of impression or the fact that Ishida was the one doing it), in compliance with this rule.

I think a FGT-like form would be possible for shinigami, but with the same result - losing their power. That's not really a new stage, it's more of a desperate move. A new stage would be more like the combination of this power and unlimited duration. And I don't believe that's possible. Bankai is a state of "full power" for shinigami, and a new full power would kinda destroy that concept.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I'm not so sure about this...IIRC, Byakuya has demonstrated "Shūkei: Hakuteiken", which may have been sort of stage beyond Bankai. I might be wrong though, and it might just be another one of his Bankai techniques instead.
    If that was a stange beyond bankai, then it'd be far from living up to its hype. Bankai Ichigo beat Hakuteiken using Byakuya, and still was heavens above that level when in FGT. The fact it's his best technique doesn't mean it's beyond bankai, rather that it's his best technique while in bankai.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankai literally translates into Full release.So mostly no,Unless the Shinigami has another source of power in him like Ichigo.Giving a stage beyond Bankai is convinient and i'd instantly dislike it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ii think there might be, well sorta. i mean how were they using their full power before they got zans? they must have been using their bodies as a catalyst so my guess is maybe they can go super mode like ichigo did but they'll either lose all their powers or it will drain them significantly cause they had to fight in some way before afro samurai

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    ii think there might be, well sorta. i mean how were they using their full power before they got zans? they must have been using their bodies as a catalyst so my guess is maybe they can go super mode like ichigo did but they'll either lose all their powers or it will drain them significantly cause they had to fight in some way before afro samurai
    The answer's simple: there were not able to use their full power, just some part of it. A zan allows one to use their full power, through bankai.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealed = Ordinary sword. No special attributes/abilities.

Shikai = Initial release. Can be upgraded to become more powerful.

Bankai = Full/Final Release. Can be upgraded to become more powerful or complete.

3 stage beyond bankai = Full/Final Release 2.0? Does that even make sense?

Final Getsuga Tenshou = Going beyond the current limit of it's users.

Letzt Stil = Similar to FGT in the sense that the user is being pushed beyond his/her current limit.

Vollstandig = The superior & complete Letzt Stil, pushing it's user beyond his/her current limit.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a level beyond bankai-

it would be where you join your bankai with another - specifically,
    if a Shinigami needed to tap directly into the power of the soul king, the source of all spirit particles... the lynchpin.

I think of it like voltron sort of... like each shinigami is an individual lion, but together the form the mighty ichigo tron-
    nah but seriously. I think that the spirit king can join power with any shinigami that it wants to. if that is the case, then I think ichigo will get some sort of waveguide bankai mode. where his bankai directly channels the energy of the spirit king for the final strike or whatever.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see there being a 3rd stage and it would be something like this going by what we've witnessed.....

1st Stage - Shikai
    2nd Stage - Bankai
    3rd Stage - Union

With as far as Byakuya goes he surely has mastered his Bankai by what we saw during the fight with Ichigo, but that do not mean he gone beyond it.

Example Ikakku's instead of him wielding it over his shoulders as we saw.... those big ass blade thingies would be literally attached to where his hands are like Wolverines claws.

Time will tell

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honeest, I don't think there will ever be a third stage per say, not by name anyway.
    It might more be something along the lines of "Mastering your Bankai", aka. different "modes" of bankai.

Yama did sort of show to have different modes, Byakuya to a degree as well in his final battle against Ichigo.
    I doubt you would get more reatsu out from a third release, after all, arren't the Bankais already using all reatsu up to their maximum?

So when it comes down to it, a third release would only add new abilities, and that's really not that different from a Bankai with different "modes" in the end, so therefore we sort of already have what a third release would give in alternative bankai modes.
    It's just that it seems that many Bankais are limited, they're simple if you will, while others are very broad in nature with many different techniques. A bankai that is limited would for example be Renji's and Ikkaku's, but to be fair these are inexperienced, but many other Captains have limited bankais as well.
    • Simple Bankai.
    • Normal average Bankai.
    • Advanced complex Bankai.

Now it might just be that people need to train their bankai and master it more, but I don't think that's always the case, in some cases like Ichigo's and Hitsugaya's it might however be lack of training to reach the advanced Bankai modes.

It's only some of the really strong or have the potential to be so that have shown to have many Bankai modes, Yama-Jii for one had broad range of abilities, Byakuya/Hitsugaya showed a little, and so on.
    Finally by the looks of it, Ichigo might get more modes as well, after all, Yama-Jii said Ichigo's bankai is incomplete (and that seems obvious too), and also that inner world Juha Bach did hold his true Zanpaktou back until now, so there is apparently perhaps a lot in store for Ichigo.

So a powerful Shinigami seems to be requiring 3 things.
    • Good Bloodline heritage boosts chances of getting a powerful reatsu significantly.
    • Whether you have a simple, average or complex Bankai may be up to luck, or perhaps also heritage.
    • Finally there are the training, you may not be able to reach the advanced modes of Bankai without some serious hard work, realizing how the Zanpaktou really works, etc.

In a sort of way, putting the above into perspective, we already have what would be similar to a Third release, after all, Bankais often have different modes, and even the simple/normal Bankai already uses all reatsu a Shinigami can squeeze out (I would assume).

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A bankai in my opinion can never be mastered. Everyones bankai is continually getting stronger. Remember when Stark asked whos bankai was stronger and the captain said maybe in a hundred years his will equal mine since he is a prodigy. Even Yamammotos Bankai had 5 degrees to it with the whole north soutth east west ect. That took 1000 years to master thus far. His next stage could literally be putting the person in hell. Byakuya could grow to control swords opposed to small blades. you get the point. No one will ever reach their true potential and when they do they will transcend being a shinigami... now thinking maybe the soul king has been the ONLY person to ever master bankai and is now feared by those who know. Maybe ichigo is a threat somehow because he is going to master bankai and aizen needed ichigo to transcend as well to defeat the soul king. (Ramblings of a mad man)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow i was just thinking this the other day

how epic would it be for their to be a third release only obtained by the elite of the elite

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast