Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do the royal guards look younger than Yamamoto?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do the royal guards look younger than Yamamoto?

This has been driving me nuts lately. But how come the royal guards look younger than yamamoto? Nimaiya, who created zanpaktou must be older than yamamoto, since yamamoto wouldn't be a shinigami if he did not have a sword to begin with. Also, unohana who was part of the original/first gotei 13 has not aged like yamamoto? why? How come yamamoto aged so much?

I think the reishi in the kings world kept the royal guards young.

I think unohana used kaido constantly to maintain her prime health to fight zaraki one day.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do the royal guards look younger than Yamamoto?

There were shinigami before Nimaiya, shinigami who fought without zanpakutos, I don't think Nimaiya is necessarily older than Yamamoto, it's just that Yamamoto didn't have Ryuujin Jakka until Nimaiya came along. That said, Nimaiya is at least as old as Sasakibe, probably much older, but he looks younger, I guess something in the Royal Realm, perhaps the ouken on their bones or, as you said, the reishi concentration is keeping them young. I also think that a shinigami ages slower when he has strong reiatsu, perhaps this is one of the reasons why he looks younger than Sasakibe. Children mature pretty quickly too, possibly because their reiatsu doesn't get strong until they become adults.

We also don't know how old Yamamoto is, it's possible that he was already ancient 1000 years ago but the aging became much faster after a certain age. The faster you grow old, the faster you lose reiatsu which results in aging considerably in a relatively short amount of time. Presumably all shinigami have an expected lifespan depending on their reiatsu level, they may become really old in the last 10% portion of their lives. In other words, the aging process may not be linear, this is the best explanation I could come up with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

errrrrr.. cause they are younger?????

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    There were shinigami before Nimaiya, shinigami who fought without zanpakutos, I don't think Nimaiya is necessarily older than Yamamoto, it's just that Yamamoto didn't have Ryuujin Jakka until Nimaiya came along. That said, Nimaiya is at least as old as Sasakibe, probably much older, but he looks younger, I guess something in the Royal Realm, perhaps the ouken on their bones or, as you said, the reishi concentration is keeping them young. I also think that a shinigami ages slower when he has strong reiatsu, perhaps this is one of the reasons why he looks younger than Sasakibe. Children mature pretty quickly too, possibly because their reiatsu doesn't get strong until they become adults.

We also don't know how old Yamamoto is, it's possible that he was already ancient 1000 years ago but the aging became much faster after a certain age. The faster you grow old, the faster you lose reiatsu which results in aging considerably in a relatively short amount of time. Presumably all shinigami have an expected lifespan depending on their reiatsu level, they may become really old in the last 10% portion of their lives. In other words, the aging process may not be linear, this is the best explanation I could come up with.
    well, the time of the first gotei 13 yamamoto looks like 40 years old not ancient and doesn't even have gray hair. Unohana looked the same as she does now..thats why its not making sense to me. Unohana had a sword at that time, and the sword was created probably before she existed, so why is it that nimaiya looks so young?

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

and we know yamamoto had a sword a thousand years ago when he fought juha bach

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

I think they look younger but are really much older than yamamoto.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Yamamoto is older than the Royal Guards. It's not as though there weren't swordsmen before there were Zanpakuto. And Unohana's youthful appearance might be related to her kido.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo on the 21st century used a sword without asauchi which means it is not the real zanpakutou.. what made you think that Yamamoto needs a powerup from Naamiaya to defeat Juha bach?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Ichigo on the 21st century used a sword without asauchi which means it is not the real zanpakutou.. what made you think that Yamamoto needs a powerup from Naamiaya to defeat Juha bach?
    thats incorrect.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    thats incorrect.
    Well that is easier to prove than making the Royal Guards older than Yamamoto...

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Zanpakutos did already exist 2000 years ago, Nimaiya is more than 2000 years old, it's expected that Yamamoto and Unohana had zanpakutos 1000 years ago. My point was that if Yamamoto had a life expectancy of 6000 years, he might look like a 45 years old man after 4500 years, aging very slowly during the time he was an adult, and might become 75 years old in the last 1000 years. Going by that calculation, he would be expected to die in 500 years looking like an old man who is more than 100 years old. That's what I meant when I said the aging process might not be linear.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as Niaiya goes, Yamamoto's Ryujin Jakka is described as the oldest Zanpakuto.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...0-page-19.html

Maybe his is one of the only natural Zans? Though I don't think that's it. Maybe he was just able to awaken his before even Nimaiya did his own. Not sure. It doesn't really help, since Nimaiya is still over 1000 (or 2000) years old and rather fresh faced. But then so is Unohana. It could well be something the Soul King does to them. Rare as people fit to enter the RG are, I don't imagine the SK wants them dropping dead on him. Maybe he's able to slow their ageing or make the fully immortal.

Then again there's no reason Yama can't just be older than any of them. He might already have been 1000 or 2000 years old when Zanpakuto were created.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; July 16, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The rate of the aging process may also be determined by a Shinigami's strength; being as Yamamoto is incredibly strong, he matures much faster than other Shinigami. We already know that strong souls develop hunger for food within the Soul Society (interestingly, this is common to Hollows too; the stronger they are, the more of an appetite they possess), so it might be that stronger souls require more energy, which comes from both food and from the sacrifice of cells within the body...aka aging...

The Royal Guards, residing in the Royal Realm, may have access to a greater concentration of reishi within the atmosphere, thus fulfilling their energy requirements without sacrificing their cells. Furthermore, they may not actually be as strong as Yamamoto, thus reducing their energy requirements.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    well, the time of the first gotei 13 yamamoto looks like 40 years old not ancient and doesn't even have gray hair. Unohana looked the same as she does now..thats why its not making sense to me. Unohana had a sword at that time, and the sword was created probably before she existed, so why is it that nimaiya looks so young?
    That doesn't say much does it. Everyone in the Gotei 13 now looks 30 or less. Even the ones who were there since it has been founded like Ukitake or Shinsui. Perhaps when yamamato looked 40 he was actually already thousands of years old.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling those that were with Yama 1000 years ago actually had enough reistu to create the same effects as what they do with Ausachi's just not as refined due to them having no communication with the spirits they had. If Nimaiya created the Ausachi to further increase the effectiveness of their abilities it kind of makes sense.

Plus i think the RG dont age the same due to being in the Royal Realm, the SK wants to make sure these guys are around to keep him safe so why make them age, plus the ouken inside each of them probably plays a huge roll in the aging too

Quote Originally Posted by lyght View Post
    nimaiya is more than 2000yrs old, sasabiske had bankai 2000 yrs ago.
    So what, doesn't mean the 'blood thirsty killers' of 1000years ago wasn't around before he was, plus who's to say Nimaiya wasn't the 1st RG to be chosen. This thread is about the age of the RG compared to the age of what Yamamoto was...

Also Nimaiya may have been a blacksmith for the Shinigami before he invented the Ausachi's to help improve what the Soul Reaper's already had in terms of powers, if he realized that he could create a blank canvas for Shinigami to imprint their own Soul's on to, for the sole reason to help shinigami refine their powers and create Bankai. Personally i think those that were the heads of the academy 1000years ago didn't have Ausachi's and used their own powers like monsters, but eventually they knew they had to refine their destructive capabilities to help teach the students they were getting.
    Last edited by devstauk; July 16, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nimaiya is more than 2000yrs old, sasabiske had bankai 2000 yrs ago.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Miyagi on the non-linearity of aging process. Mostly because of IRL experience.

Have you ever seen someone seem to age a lot in a short time (because of traumatic experience, for example)? Have you seen anyone almost not change at all after a long time? That kind of stuff.

But I wonder how Nimaiya got the idea of zanpakuto... maybe he incorporated some simpler concepts of using reiatsu, aiming at the zanpakuto we know, or maybe it was just accidental (he made swords for shinigami and they started exhibiting unique properties)...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast