Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yoruichi Shihōin

The results are hidden 0%
  • Shunsui Kyōraku

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Yoruichi vs Shunsui

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Yoruichi vs Shunsui

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

QUARTER FINALS

Welcome to the Quarter Finals of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Yoruichi vs Shunsui

This was a previous matchup in the last tournament. I remember it well, and like last time... Kyoraku takes this.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.
    I also go with Kyoraku, especially now since he has just become Captain Commander.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi. She isn't stupid, she would play along while carefully analyzing his abilities and would take as much benefit as Shunsui. Other than that, she is hella fast and has Shunko, that with addition to her speed can become troublesome. Kyoraku being a CC doesn't affect his power in any way.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Yoruichi. She isn't stupid, she would play along while carefully analyzing his abilities and would take as much benefit as Shunsui. Other than that, she is hella fast and has Shunko, that with addition to her speed can become troublesome. Kyoraku being a CC doesn't affect his power in any way.
    Shes not outspeeding Shunsui by much if at all. She lacks a zanpakuto and Shunsui has two. Shunko aint a joke but Shunsui fought off screen with Yama and emerged unscathed. He ate Starrks cero directly to the back and had no effect. He took a shot from a Quincy directly to the face, lost an eye and smirked about it. Shunsui's a tank. It'll take more than Shunko and flash steps to beat him.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui is a CC of the Gotei 13, so it means that he is currently the strongest Shinigami of Gotei going by Yama's words that the strongest becomes the CC, so I seriously doubt that going by this and Shunsui's fits, that were named by freshseth83, that Yoruichi will win.

Shunsui should take it. Especially with his Shikai that is quite tricky and strong, while Yoruichi has only Shunko to attack. At the same time I can't see her speed beeing considerably faster than Shunsui's in order to use it as a real fit. I even doubt there really is any differense between them, since Shunsui was easily around Starrk's speed level and was praised by Yama in terms of his speed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to choose. Yoruichi is way too fast for most of Kyoraku's attacks to reach her, and she may even use some of them, like Takaoni, against him. On the other hand, we don't know much about the full extent of their powers. Kyoraku is yet to show his bankai, and we've never seen Yoruichi's zanpakuto in a fight. But based on what we do know, I say Yoruichi can beat him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I was one of those thta voted Ulquiorra over Yoruichi, and I think that fight would be closer than this one since Yoruichi's lacking a ton of feats

While what she's shown is impressive, I don't think it's enough to win here

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Going with yoruichi. Going by the fact that she can react to chrysalis aizen somewhat gives her top tier reactions consider chrysalis aizen blitzed isshin,uruhara and ichigo with casual step seemingly effortlessly.

Her damage output is incredibly bieng able punch cavities within aizen's shell who can withstand hadou's in the 90 easily and take a slash from isshin barefooted. One punch with shunko can probably punch shunsui to smitherens.

Yoruici should have the power and reactions to react shunsui's underhanded tactics an attack accordingly to the situation she is in. Yoruichi needs to hit shunsui once and he's a goner.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui takes this for me. He has more feats, we've seen more action from him. Yoruichi is fast, and impressive. But she hasn't shown enough to handle Shunsui.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I lean toward Shunsui. Yoruichi is very fast and shunko is a very dangerous technique but I think Shunsui has what it takes to avoid a fatal blow, he even dodged Starrk's no-pose cero from close range. He also has two swords and a very tricky shikai which may be troublesome for Yoruichi.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Shunsui is a CC of the Gotei 13, so it means that he is currently the strongest Shinigami of Gotei going by Yama's words that the strongest becomes the CC,
    Proof, please?

Shunsui should take it. Especially with his Shikai that is quite tricky and strong, while Yoruichi has only Shunko to attack. At the same time I can't see her speed beeing considerably faster than Shunsui's in order to use it as a real fit. I even doubt there really is any differense between them, since Shunsui was easily around Starrk's speed level and was praised by Yama in terms of his speed.
    You seem to forget one thing. Shunsui is not the only one who can play those games. He is the only one who knows when to play which game, but Yoruichi isn't stupid. I'd even say she is fairly intelligent. She would play along, use those games against him.

Quote Quote:
    Shes not outspeeding Shunsui by much if at all. She lacks a zanpakuto and Shunsui has two. Shunko aint a joke but Shunsui fought off screen with Yama and emerged unscathed. He ate Starrks cero directly to the back and had no effect. He took a shot from a Quincy directly to the face, lost an eye and smirked about it. Shunsui's a tank. It'll take more than Shunko and flash steps to beat him.
    1. She's not outspeeding Shunsui? Are we reading the same manga? Show me where Shunsui proved to be at least fast. He can cover big distance with one leap, that's the only statement, that was made in manga. Still, he was far slower than Yamamoto.
    2. Shunsui AND UKITAKE fought with Yama. And it's pretty important thing, as Ukitake can redirect any reiattsu-based attack. That fights DOESN'T prove, that is a tank.
    3. He ate Stark's cero and it didn't have an effect? The fact is, he took it and fell on the floor helplessly, then didn't want to fight and waited with his head in the rubble, hoping Vaizards will clean it up.
    4. So nowadays losing an eye is a testament of being a tank? Damn. I wonder how tanky someone has to be to lose whole arm! It's not really strange, considering every Shinigami's reiatsu is protecting the body. Ichigo could handle Kirge's arrows in Vollstandig and wasn't even scratched. Shunsui's reiatsu wasn't big enough to repel that arrow.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to forget one thing. Shunsui is not the only one who can play those games. He is the only one who knows when to play which game, but Yoruichi isn't stupid. I'd even say she is fairly intelligent. She would play along, use those games against him.
    Starrk was "fairly intelligent" as well, he played along and lost. You can't seriously say she will 'play along' and use his games against him when all it takes is one swing to kill the #1 espada.

1. She's not outspeeding Shunsui?
    No, she's not.
    Are we reading the same manga?
    Is that the goto argument when you have no rebuttal?
    Show me where Shunsui proved to be at least fast. He can cover big distance with one leap, that's the only statement, that was made in manga. Still, he was far slower than Yamamoto.
    Everyone is slower than Yama! When Shunsui dodged Starrk's cero with ease, that's speed. When Shunsui took Nanao back to where it was safe from Yama's power and came back in the same instance, that's speed.
    2. Shunsui AND UKITAKE fought with Yama. And it's pretty important thing, as Ukitake can redirect any reiattsu-based attack.
    You can't say Juushiro can or did redirect Yama's fire.
    That fights DOESN'T prove, that is a tank.
    That fight wasn't my only example. You disregarded the rest, wonder why?
    3. He ate Stark's cero and it didn't have an effect? The fact is, he took it and fell on the floor helplessly, then didn't want to fight and waited with his head in the rubble, hoping Vaizards will clean it up.
    That's a joke right? Lisa caught him playing dead, and Shunsui ADMITTED it.
    4. So nowadays losing an eye is a testament of being a tank?
    Conjecture. You disregarded the rest of my statement and make assumptive notions without stating the entire quote. Akin to cherry picking.
    Damn. I wonder how tanky someone has to be to lose whole arm! It's not really strange, considering every Shinigami's reiatsu is protecting the body. Ichigo could handle Kirge's arrows in Vollstandig and wasn't even scratched. Shunsui's reiatsu wasn't big enough to repel that arrow.
    It wasn't an arrow per se, it was fired from a gun, and from a Quincy using Volstandig Grimaniel. Shunsui didn't even use a Shikai game and forced a top Quincy to use his highest technique. You've a lot to explain on your arguments and Yoruichi defense.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.
    I also go with Kyoraku, especially now since he has just become Captain Commander.
    does that make him stronger? imo,yoruichi is just too fast, but she should have lost against ulquiorra,who should be weaker than kyoraku,though. kyoraku's bankai must be incredible,but we don't know it, nor do we for what concerns yoruichi...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi just doesn't stack up to Shunsui. Speed wins nothing except a game of tag. She has no counter for the games Shunsui plays. She doesn't know the rules, she doesn't know theres even games. Shunsui switched games in mere seconds. He used bushogoma to surround Starrk then immediately went to takaoni. Then after he used kageoni he immediately switched to irooni and called gray. Even if Yoruichi manages to figure out one game theres 3 others Shunsui can switch to, then back again.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast