Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

33 25.98%
  • Good

48 37.80%
  • Meh.

32 25.20%
  • Bad

8 6.30%
  • Awful

6 4.72%
New Reply
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 640 Discussion / 641 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UchihaUchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 640 Discussion / 641 Predictions

my wish : Sasuke and Naruto vs Obito and Itachi vs Madara . everyone else: piss off!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So... when are we gonna learn the real truth that Rin is the true supreme evil who's plan is going all according to plan?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaUchiha View Post
    my wish : Sasuke and Naruto vs Obito and Itachi vs Madara . everyone else: piss off!
    At this point in time, those would be the shortest fights in the manga. I feel Sasuke and Naruto could take Obito (Sharingan/Rinnegan, but not Jyuubito obviously). Itachi could possibly take base Madara (but not Super Madara with EMS/Rinnegan, hashirama cells).
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    So... when are we gonna learn the real truth that Rin is the true supreme evil who's plan is going all according to plan?
    That would redeem Obito. If she put Obito under a insanely strong love genjutsu that is.
    Hope we'll see that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    That would redeem Obito. If she put Obito under a insanely strong love genjutsu that is.
    Hope we'll see that.
    It would be quite the cliché though, I mean, the whole Madara - Obito - Tobi thing was somewhat anticlimatic, Rin being the mastermind would make it even more so.
    Also the whole fake Madara play made through almost over half the manga now made the entrance of the real Madara all the more boring through anticlimatic, it was milked too much for too long.

Heck at the time the real Madara appeared I was like "hmpf, oh ye? Whatever...".

Can't say I'm a fan of the latest Villains in the Naruto-verse
    Although I have to admit that aspects (not all of it) of Juubito looks pretty awesome.

I dislike that both Obito's and Madara's downright depressing attitudes made them once again anticlimatic, where's the energy and hype?

Although I admit it might have been depressing reading this post
    I just wish a mure more potent and interesting Villain would appear than Madara and Juubito, heck even Orochimaru is a far better character as a Villain at this rate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    It would be quite the cliché though, I mean, the whole Madara - Obito - Tobi thing was somewhat anticlimatic, Rin being the mastermind would make it even more so.
    Also the whole fake Madara play made through almost over half the manga now made the entrance of the real Madara all the more boring through anticlimatic, it was milked too much for too long.

Heck at the time the real Madara appeared I was like "hmpf, oh ye? Whatever...".

Can't say I'm a fan of the latest Villains in the Naruto-verse
    Although I have to admit that aspects (not all of it) of Juubito looks pretty awesome.

I dislike that both Obito's and Madara's downright depressing attitudes made them once again anticlimatic, where's the energy and hype?

Although I admit it might have been depressing reading this post
    I just wish a mure more potent and interesting Villain would appear than Madara and Juubito, heck even Orochimaru is a far better character as a Villain at this rate.
    It's probably anticlimactic because you've been discussing it thoroughly in the forums for forever. Had this been a movie, where it moves quickly only allowing tyou to take in the moment rather than deeply ponder everything, it would be more of a surprise. Usually villains aren't super psycho loud. I would imagine Madara would be hype like in the past when he had a rival. However, he's too strong to be challenged. Thus, he is upset and bored. I guess he could always take on Jyuubito. that should get him hype. If Jyuubito and Madara get challenged, their dry personalities would change back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SupremeMod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    At this point in time, those would be the shortest fights in the manga. I feel Sasuke and Naruto could take Obito (Sharingan/Rinnegan, but not Jyuubito obviously). Itachi could possibly take base Madara (but not Super Madara with EMS/Rinnegan, hashirama cells).
    meh... the way I see it, if Itachi could have stopped Obito or the Akatsuki, he would have done it or at least tried. He knew Sasuke would surpass him and Sasuke has probably surpassed him since his attack at the Kage summit. Itachi's power level is really overrated by fans.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    meh... the way I see it, if Itachi could have stopped Obito or the Akatsuki, he would have done it or at least tried. He knew Sasuke would surpass him and Sasuke has probably surpassed him since his attack at the Kage summit. Itachi's power level is really overrated by fans.
    There's nothing overrated about Itachi, because he had feats that not a single character here can claim to pull... Itachi was the perfect Shinobi, he had the skills, he had the power, he had the mindset, truly a man blessed by gods

It's you guys who underestimate Itachi, especially his intellect

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it actually seems more like Obito and Itachi couldn't beat each other. If Itachi was the only person stopping Obito, then Obito should've just killed him. It's likely they kept fighting to stalemates. Although, I find it quite convenient that itachi, who can analyze everything, couldn't find a way around Izanagi and Kamui. I guess Itachi felt it wasn't worth it to lose an eye for Izanagi or Izanami without a guarantee of Konoha's safety. Also, Itachi was sick, so I don't think he was ever able to really wage an all out battle against someone with obito's powers without killing himself in the process. So maybe the actual convenient thing for the whole plot is that Itachi was terminally ill.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably anticlimactic because you've been discussing it thoroughly in the forums for forever. Had this been a movie, where it moves quickly only allowing tyou to take in the moment rather than deeply ponder everything, it would be more of a surprise. Usually villains aren't super psycho loud. I would imagine Madara would be hype like in the past when he had a rival. However, he's too strong to be challenged. Thus, he is upset and bored. I guess he could always take on Jyuubito. that should get him hype. If Jyuubito and Madara get challenged, their dry personalities would change back.
    Say wut? I almost never write on Naruto forums, no less read on them... So that's a pretty big assumption right there, I can estimate clicking the Naruto forums like each second month ^^,

I love the manga, but this latest arc and in particular the lastest chapters and current chapter are for that very reason I described in my previous post, the manga that interests me the very least among those I follow, it's by no means the other way around as you ponder.
    I'm not really here to bash the manga though, but you're forcing my hand to go deeper by those assumptions of yours, so I can only put it straight for you.

What I did on the previous post however was circling around the boring Villains this manga has at the moment, the manga really has a huge potential for a far better development, yet it's falling short in excitement, at least for readers like me.
    I believe to have read somewhere that Kishi isn't particular interested in Naruto anymore and want to finish it rather sooner than later (Which naturally would lower the quality of the manga), I wish I could find that interview again, although kinda busy to look through so many interviews atm.
    Granted the low quality of the villains is just my opinion, I'm fully aware that not everyone agree, and I'm fully aware it's a shounen manga. Nevertheless, this is my opinion.

It would be really spicy if Orochimaru became the top evil dog again, although I have a hard time to see a legitimative way for him to gain so much power that it'd be realistic in the story development, and the tone/atmosphere is quite different now that Madara/Obito are the main villains.
    I wonder if it would even be possible to re-introduce Orochimaru as a villain again and making it much more interesting like the old days of the manga, I got a bad feeling that the course has run out for him to be able to become the main villain now, it wouldn't really make a lot of sense unless something really unpredictable which isn't a retcon happens to allow for it.

By any means, Juubito is just a super strong psychotic maniac who only cares about the perfect illusion so he can be with Rin who in his own fantasy is still a child, nothing more nothing less.
    Lets face it, Madara is truthfully only interested to fight Hashirama. His goal for perfect illusion of the world seems rather meager, there is no basis for his motivation, it's groundless and completely unexplained to the extint it feels like he actually has none.
    Hashirama's motivation for a better world was sorta explained, but Madara's is quite different, yet there is no way to relate to Madara, it's as if he isn't even human in the first place which would be impossible.

Orochimaru has very clear goals with very clear motivation factors;
    • He want's to understand and archieve all Jutsu's in the world, even if it requires heavy sacrifices.
    • Heavy sacrifices could lead to many things, such as acquiring powerful/special subjects that may be valueable to different Ninja villages.
    • He drools by seeing really sexy... err... elegant male bodies with extreme fighting potential, for example back when he saw Itachi fight for the first time when both still were part of Konoha.
    • He's curious about many things, he has no qualm to use ruthless methods to gain understanding.
    • He kills anyone coming in his way, and usually (it seems) acquire an army if another army wants to persue him.
    • He's all about revenge, but by no means is that something that takes up all his brainpower/motivation, which creates an interesting complex character with multiple goals/directions.
    • Since he's all about revenge, many new things could happen that makes him become an even greater Villain, assuming he had the power to back it up, he clearly lacks the power, but has a great amount of skill/knowledge.
    • he's natural evil, by no means is he the typical Shounen Villain, Orochimaru is everything that which Obito and Madara are not, he's gray, not black and white.
      By that he's actually a Villain that you can relate to as a reader, you can feel Orochimaru's emotions, his motivations, you're being drawn in and get excited (potentially, he's not quite part of the manga as of late, especially not as a Villain anymore).

Madara's single goal with depth in it is to fight Hashirama... I mean... lol....
    It's almost as if he wants to create this perfect hyupnosis so that he can fight Hashirama 24/7 365 days, I mean it's really the only thing that seems to truly motivate him.
    His wish for perfect hypnosis seems meager and sounds like pretty words that he doesn't even truly mean.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    There's nothing overrated about Itachi, because he had feats that not a single character here can claim to pull... Itachi was the perfect Shinobi, he had the skills, he had the power, he had the mindset, truly a man blessed by gods

It's you guys who underestimate Itachi, especially his intellect
    LMAO I can't tell if you're joking or being serious...

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Well, it actually seems more like Obito and Itachi couldn't beat each other. If Itachi was the only person stopping Obito, then Obito should've just killed him. It's likely they kept fighting to stalemates. Although, I find it quite convenient that itachi, who can analyze everything, couldn't find a way around Izanagi and Kamui. I guess Itachi felt it wasn't worth it to lose an eye for Izanagi or Izanami without a guarantee of Konoha's safety. Also, Itachi was sick, so I don't think he was ever able to really wage an all out battle against someone with obito's powers without killing himself in the process. So maybe the actual convenient thing for the whole plot is that Itachi was terminally ill.
    Yeah, that I agree with. Kishi was a genius seeing as how Itachi had developed a rabid fandom and gave him an "out". His "sickness" pretty much gave all of his fans the excuse they needed when anyone asks why Itachi didn't fight against the Akatsuki and Obito.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO I can't tell if you're joking or being serious...

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Yeah, that I agree with. Kishi was a genius seeing as how Itachi had developed a rabid fandom and gave him an "out". His "sickness" pretty much gave all of his fans the excuse they needed when anyone asks why Itachi didn't fight against the Akatsuki and Obito.
    Well, if it was found out he was knocking off Akatsuki members, he may have had to fight more than one of them at a time. Even in that instance, at full health, it would be a tall order. none of them were slouches. Nobody wants those problems. lol

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really disagreeing per say, just reflecting. However it seems a bit weird that Jiraiya was given such an epic death and Kishi was loved for it, yet also hated, it was mixed feelings, but in the end it made the story really exciting and it was pure quality.
    I have no idea about the popularity poll differences on Jiraiya and Itachi though, but Jiraiya was a really loved character, and it certainly took balls to kill him off, although I loved the way Kishi did it, and hate him for missing Jiraiya - Pretty neatly written at the time.
    So I wonder if it really was an excuse, considering how Kishi went and finished off Jiraiya, I mean, it's not like he doesn't have the balls to do it, and it certainly gave quality to the manga.
    Itachi's death also gave quality to the manga, but somehow using an illness as an excuse to kill him just doesn't sit right with me, it was around the time he killed Jiraiya after all.
    Rather I think it was an excuse for Sasuke to win, and not an excuse to allow him to die, I think we're thinking about this the wrong way.

Kishi certainly seem different in his story writing today than earlier, especially after he killed off Jiraiya/Itachi or even Pain.
    The magic the old generation provided to the manga doesn't seem to be uplifted by the new generation.

Itachi was a really smart person, perhaps he was waiting for the opportunity to learn more about Tobi/Obito before he would ever make a move, after all, didn't he think he was Madara?
    If Itachi thought that Obito was an empty shell of Madara, then that does not mean he thought of him as a fake.
    Perhaps he needed to observe more before he could make his move, it's not your every day ninja he was up against, although he could probably have won against Obito, but Itachi didn't know that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if it was found out he was knocking off Akatsuki members, he may have had to fight more than one of them at a time. Even in that instance, at full health, it would be a tall order. none of them were slouches. Nobody wants those problems. lol
    Why would he have fought them all at once? That's just plain dumb. He could have been a roaming ninja and taken them out one at a time. But ehhh who cares Kishi is writing the story so let his "sickness" live! lol

At the end of the day, Naruto and Sasuke will have far surpassed him and probably even Minato, Hashirama, and Madara.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he have fought them all at once? That's just plain dumb. He could have been a roaming ninja and taken them out one at a time. But ehhh who cares Kishi is writing the story so let his "sickness" live! lol

At the end of the day, Naruto and Sasuke will have far surpassed him and probably even Minato, Hashirama, and Madara.
    Given those thoughts, it wouldn't even be certain that Itachi knew where Tobi was.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but were Tobi and Itachi ever at the same place and time in the manga? They did use that virtual reality sort of technique to communicate with each others a lot, and Tobi even joined the Akutski rather late (Officially, not unofficually).

I mean would there even have been a chance to find a good opportunity to fight Tobi? Especially when he could have been hiding all this time until he officially joined Akutski.

Also don't forget that Itachi actually believed Obito was Madara, unless of course he wanted Sasuke to believe a lie.
    Edit: Taking that line back, potentially Itachi could have meet the real Madara, and the one in the tiny flashback of Itachi/Madara meeting had long hair similar to the real Madara, and Tobi never had that, so I'm probably wrong on that one.
    Last edited by Quantized; July 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast