Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Toriko 243 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 243 Discussion Thread

I actually love the shielding idea for Komatsu, I totally agree that he needs some way to protect himself in Gourmet World. I just have been unable to picture him in a serious fight, even though he has that awesome knife.

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    Lol, your favourite character is Joa, who you compare with Jirou in power and you say Komatsu should stay weak. If you could be great chef and weak, there would be some chef that is weak and in top 5.
    And with all due respect, you're just absolutely wrong. I'm not some Joa fanboy, I just understand that he has an incredibly important role in this story and has so far been nothing but impressive. You're the one giving him almost no credit for anything. I never said that Joa is definitely at the power of Jirou, I specifically said that it is possible that he would use some underhanded tactics just like he did to win his last fast. And just like he just did to ensnare Setsu and use a zombie Nitro to attack her. Joa doesn't appear to have anything resembling honor, nobody in Neo does since they just eliminate anyone without question with any sneaky tricks they can such as ambushing Setsu with a triple team of traitors.

And if I'm reading this correctly, you now agree that the top 5 chefs are NOT weak and that you need to be strong to be a great chef? You've been saying all along that chefs are not meant to be strong and pretty much don't need to be...my point this time though was that their strengths, while sometimes seeming to be related to their specialties, are not always necessary for their cooking. Someone like Zaus may not need his genetic scarring precision to cook, just as Buranchi may not always need his electricity. Komatsu has been hyped as having this incredible sense of hearing the ingredient's voices, which seems to be what makes him shine, as well as his ability to understand the ingredients and simplify preparations from being special to being normal as we've seen with the medicinal mochi. He's done all of this with no ability (though I still like the shielding ability idea...).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    It's time to make a thread for your catches/notices, because this is not related to the latest chapter, nor a prediction for the another one..

But dude, regarding the snake.. I checked the picture you posted! And holy sheet, Coco's crow is gonna be ginormous too! Same as Toriko's Terry is going to get bigger and bigger, only Zebra has an enormous pet now, though it's lent.

It was said when Toriko 'n Sanni went after Shining Gourami to the Waterfalls of Death. Sanni's Quin can gain the length of 800metres if I am not mistaken.
    By noticing previous chapters small point, one can use the info to predict future.

As for Quin, it probably is already 800 meters. It can grow more like up to 80000km. Though we don't know the circumference of Toriko Earth, but we can imagine is at least twice the size of our planet given the population. Of course very debatable.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c148/13.html

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

@obamamania: I think that every chef should be able to defeat lvl 100 monster, its not the power that will make them equal to hunters but they can protect themself with some creatures. We already have Zonge-sama who runs at all trouble , komatsu should be better than him .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zonge doesn't run at all trouble...he's just a big talking comic relief character who talks big and then realizes that he's in over his head 5 seconds later. Komatsu has been developed as the only chef who does not appear to be physically strong but instead has other notable attributes. It makes him special, as we saw with the shining gourami, however I think his crying and refusal to use that OP knife are what make people frustrated about him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamatsu has to be able to defend himself....he has no ability what so ever. If they are going be the strongest combo...he has to be able fight a little bit

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Shiny gourami could be cought like puffer wale using Coco's tehnique, but author wonted to make it that Komatsu is useful.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The author was making Komatsu's weakness a strength...it was not a matter of using the right technique but in fact a matter of how threatening the presence of person near the fish is. That's an off topic discussion anyway, and it was directly explained in the manga. I didn't interpret anything. We can want Komatsu to get better all we want, but we can't ignore all of the characterization that has made his powerless state simply part of who he is, alongside his amazing other abilities.

But ANYWAY, shouldn't we be talking about Joa and Jirou...or at least wait until tomorrow when it's proven that Joa is bad news even though Jirou is there.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate to say itm I think Joa is the real Frohze. Even though knocking master is a beast, I dont think Joa is worried at all. The IGO has been severely hurt this arc, but it seems like Jirou will be locked in until the end of the manga. I think Mansom is going to be killed if not next chapter in the next few. The Kings except for Zebra is down. Looks like the IGO is a pickle, I dont know how they will get outta this

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yonkou's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/243/13
    who is the one on the second panel from the left? Andwhat is shown on the first panel of the right - I think the thing in the middle is the earth- ?
    the rest I know: takimaru ? buranchi grinpatch rin kousairou aimaru chiru setsuno 2nd gen. Melk zaus yuu kuribou zebra matchi.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9