Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The next TBTP mini arc - What to expect?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The next TBTP mini arc - What to expect?

As many of us are aware of I assume, the mini-arc TBTP wasn't counted as a real Arc back in the HM storyline, but a parallel mini arc to the show inorder to reveal some interesting History that was needed to make sense of the events at the time, thus the negative chapter numbers.
    Therefore when Kubo said this current arc will be the last, it should not mean that there won't be anoher TBTP mini arc.

We had a TBTP for 110-100 years back to explain the events of Aizen.
    Therefore will there be another for 1000 years back to explain the events of Juha?
    Also another possibility of yet another TBTP going further back, with ancient history.
    • Who is it about?
    • What to expect/happened?
    • When did it take place?
    • Where did it take place?
    • Why did it happen?

I made a theory about another stage of Juha's song, being the past of the Quincy over 9000 years.
    9000 years of Quincy rule - 900 years of Juha being sealed - 90 years of him getting his intellect back - 9 years to regain his powers - 9 days to re-conquer the world.
    If interested in it, you can find it here http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3483251
    Although be patient, the real theory is from mid-way to the end of the post.

But that's just one theory, there are other possibilities, and I'm sure you can think some up, and it would be really interesting to see what everyone expects from the History of Soul Society.

Every kind of History discussion that is outside the "current" timeline regarding Bleach is on-topic.

For good ol' fun, here is a memory appetizer from the last TBTP mini arc.

Credits for the picture goes to Lonelia.
    Last edited by Quantized; July 18, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The next TBTP mini arc - What to expect?

who knows how kubo will do it as long as its done right while closing some plot holes. hopefully fans will not bitch about it so it will not end prematurely like the fullbring arc.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's been heavily implied that Yhwach used to be the former ruler of SS ("regains his world", "treacherous Soul Reapers"), so that's more or less clear. But there are many other things to show and explain in greater detail. Like:
    1. When exactly Quincies were created. And why. Since they can't kill Hollows without obliterating them completely, it makes maintaining the soul balance problematic, if not impossible. I think it means they were created for another, much different purpose.
    2. What SS was like under Yhwach's rule and how he came to be its ruler.
    3. Where Soul Reapers came from and how they were with Yhwach in charge of everything.
    4. Probably the most important question - what caused the fight between Yhwach and Yamamoto. Seeing how Yama-jii had to go bankai on him, it makes me suspect that Nimaya invented zanpakuto for the whole purpose of overthrowing Yhwach, but that's a wholly other theory. And then, why Yamamoto failed to kill him and what exactly sealed him.
    5. Why Yamamoto and Mayuri were the only ones who knew about Yhwach. I imagine there was a lot of effort to quell the undesirable truth. In the end, Soul Reapers are remembered as the Balancers of souls and guardians of two worlds, and nobody even knows there was another major conflict with Quincies, much earlier than 200 years ago. But as centuries and millenia pass, history tends to omit shameful parts.
    6. And Soul King ties into all this somehow, I just know it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

What does TBTP stand for?
    totally ballzy toilet paper arc?

Sorry for not knowing but I see that acronym used all the time.

--
    ok as for the history of SS and relationship to the quincy-
    my take on it is like this-

10,000-15,000 years ago, mankind was basically nomadic tribes. we used sticks and had not quite gotten the knack of farming down yet. - but we are a long way from our earlier ancestors and are at least recognizable as human.

it is during this time period that several myths point to a great prime civilization - like Atlantis.
    It would be my take on things that the development of the first prime city and the founding of Soul Society occur at the same time.

It stands to reason that if people are living and dying as nomads, then their spirits would do the same. if they cross over into the afterlife, they would be nomadic. it is all they could know.

so the prime city in the human world which for my example I call Atlantis, started the tradition of people clumping together and no longer being nomadic.
    this would carry over into SS as people from this prime city died. - also a city like that is likely in my opinion to have a higher spirit density, similar to KK town.

as the spirits from Atlantis crossed over, they began to form the first buildings in SS. eventually, as the culture established, groups formed and those with excess spiritual power vied for power. power was consolidated and the shinigami were formed. - I suspect that the fall of atlantis is likely the result of a large scale battle of the first shinigami and the founding of the real Soul Society.

it also explains why Atlantis sank into the sea. - uber leviathan type bankai anyone? lol.

ok so now SS is formed in the afterlife, and people emulate the lost city by forming other civilizations and towns throughout the world. hollows prey on people just like they do in modern times, and the years go by. with shinigami guiding souls into SS and killing rouge hollows in the human world.

now we fast forward to roughly 1050 years ago. SS has developed all sorts of technical knowledge, they have kidu, but the physical technology is on par with the middle ages. all the technology is invented in the human world and when those inventors die they make their way into SS. and the shinigami visiting the human world also assimilate the technology as it developed and bring it into SS.

Bach is born. he is a human that has high spirit powers and discovers how to pass this ability onto others. he starts the quincy tribes. at first all is good, but he quickly becomes corrupted as absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    but basically I think both the quincy and the Shinigami have some good valid points in their history and both are right and likely both are a bit wrong. hence the conflict.

so - there is a battle, between juha bach and the previous CC. the battle is awesome likely, and results with bach getting sealed off in the shadow realm.
    for reasons as yet unknown, he is trapped there for a period of 1000 years. 900 90 9 ect.ect.

now he is back, and he is utterly out for the destruction of SS. and beyond his initial conflict with SS, we really dont know why yet.
    but its uber. and the gauntlet has been thrown.

now ichigo prepares to do battle, and there will be a reckoning between SS and the quincy. its going to be great. I expect lots of battle, lots of cliff hangers, and lots of trolling.. lol.. I know Kubo will not disappoint.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What does TBTP stand for?
    totally ballzy toilet paper arc?

Sorry for not knowing but I see that acronym used all the time.
    xD
    It means Turn Back The Pendulum. That's the name of the flashback arc about Urahara and Visoreds.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the turn back the pendulum mini arc was a brilliant way to tie up loose ends in the story, my only problem with it was there hasn't been more throughout the series. If we get more, i think after the break would be a perfect opportunity to do so, especially due to recent events.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I always thought the turn back the pendulum mini arc was a brilliant way to tie up loose ends in the story, my only problem with it was there hasn't been more throughout the series. If we get more, i think after the break would be a perfect opportunity to do so, especially due to recent events.
    I believe the last TBTP came out right when Aizen invaded the human world and confronted Gotei 13 when he opened the Garganta, similar to how Juha is now standing above SS in last chapter.
    If so, perhaps Kubo would do the same after the break, since this seems to be the start of the real invasion that's about to start.
    I suppose it's a possibility, lets hope for it!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    I believe the last TBTP came out right when Aizen invaded the human world and confronted Gotei 13 when he opened the Garganta, similar to how Juha is now standing above SS in last chapter.
    If so, perhaps Kubo would do the same after the break, since this seems to be the start of the real invasion that's about to start.
    I suppose it's a possibility, lets hope for it!
    Before i get into it I'd like to say i have had a re-think about who or what Ywach/Juha Bach really is, at first i thought he could possibly have been a Shinigami turned rogue around 3000 years prior to the events that Ywabach and Yamammoto had 1000 years before the recent War. But now not so much and i'd like to thank Quantized for sort of kicking me to the whole idea that the next turn back the pendulum mini arc if there is one (i want, i want could go to 1000 years going on to 1100years )
    Spoiler show

I may have a theory about what essentially might be Juhach Ultimate goal is but i don't wanna hijack your post so i will post another thread
    Last edited by devstauk; July 19, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Before i get into it I'd like to say i have had a re-think about who or what Ywach/Juha Bach really is, at first i thought he could possibly have been a Shinigami turned rogue around 3000 years prior to the events that Ywabach and Yamammoto had 1000 years before the recent War. But now not so much and i'd like to thank Quantized for sort of kicking me to the whole idea that the next turn back the pendulum mini arc if there is one (i want, i want could go to 1000 years going on to 1100years )
    Spoiler show

I may have a theory about what essentially might be Juhach Ultimate goal is but i don't wanna hijack your post so i will post another thread
    I really enjoyed your entuiasm for a possible TBTP, made me smile I so agree with you too, man it would be epic o.o Gief!

Feel free to go as crazy as you want with your theory on Juha's goal, after all, any theory of the future could give light to a possible historic past, so it's kinda on-topic in that light

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    I really enjoyed your entuiasm for a possible TBTP, made me smile I so agree with you too, man it would be epic o.o Gief!

Feel free to go as crazy as you want with your theory on Juha's goal, after all, any theory of the future could give light to a possible historic past, so it's kinda on-topic in that light
    Well i'll tell you what, when i get everything typed up and into a thread i'll link it in a future post in this thread as i'm sure there will be some great ideas coming through here at some point.

But for now i do have a feeling i'm bout to facedesk unless i get some sleep
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one mentioned Urahara, Yoruichi, and the fall of the Shiba clan yet. I expect to see how those two met (along with Tessai) and why the hell they are so on top of things. Of course it takes place before the Visored and Urahara's Captaincy. Then we need to see why the hell the Shiba Clan fell from grace and whether or not that had to do with Isshin's absence or something else.

That's the only TBTP I see being done. I expect the history of Ywach to be revealed in regular flashbacks and what not. Same with the war against the Quincy.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Urahara, Yoruichi, and the fall of the Shiba clan yet. I expect to see how those two met (along with Tessai) and why the hell they are so on top of things. Of course it takes place before the Visored and Urahara's Captaincy. Then we need to see why the hell the Shiba Clan fell from grace and whether or not that had to do with Isshin's absence or something else.

That's the only TBTP I see being done. I expect the history of Ywach to be revealed in regular flashbacks and what not. Same with the war against the Quincy.
    Umm... how they met?

Isshin met Yoruichi via Urahara.
    Isshin met Urahara because of Masaki's Hollowfication.
    Urahara met Yoruichi because he was her 3rd seat in a squad and her personal sandbag, that could fight back pretty nicely.
    Urahara met Tessai because he was a captain of the 12 squad. Everyone knew Tessai, he was a captain of his own Kido Squad. He was like a captain. And Tessai was exiled because him and Urahara had common interest in sudden Hollowfication and he helped Urahara. And thus, he went with him to real world.
    Why do they always come out on top? Because Urahara is a mastermind, Human World's Aizen, he predicts everything.

And it didn't happen before Urahara's captaincy. Yoruichi met Urahara before, but I don't think there is a interesting story to it.

"Hi, I'm a new member of your squad."
    "Ah, ok, good to know, you can clean the third room from the right".

Maybe if we add "I'm a noble from Royal Palace who wanted to become Shinigami and joined your Squad because you're a noble. And I saw every's RG's invention and I'm a genius".

Then it'd be interesting. Tessai and Urahara meeting wouldn't be interesting as well. Welcome, Captain of 12th Squad, I'm Tessai, he captian of the Kido corps. Oh, hi.

Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Urahara met Yoruichi because he was her 3rd seat in a squad and her personal sandbag, that could fight back pretty nicely.
    Urahara met Tessai because he was a captain of the 12 squad. Everyone knew Tessai, he was a captain of his own Kido Squad. He was like a captain. And Tessai was exiled because him and Urahara had common interest in sudden Hollowfication and he helped Urahara. And thus, he went with him to real world.
    Why do they always come out on top? Because Urahara is a mastermind, Human World's Aizen, he predicts everything.

And it didn't happen before Urahara's captaincy. Yoruichi met Urahara before, but I don't think there is a interesting story to it.

"Hi, I'm a new member of your squad."
    "Ah, ok, good to know, you can clean the third room from the right".

Maybe if we add "I'm a noble from Royal Palace who wanted to become Shinigami and joined your Squad because you're a noble. And I saw every's RG's invention and I'm a genius".

Then it'd be interesting. Tessai and Urahara meeting wouldn't be interesting as well. Welcome, Captain of 12th Squad, I'm Tessai, he captian of the Kido corps. Oh, hi.
    Actually, Tessai once said that the three of them - he, Urahara and Yoruichi - grew up together in Shihoin house. But I agree, I doubt the story of three little kids meeting each other is too important.

New Reply