Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Aizen be freed? Will he have a role in the future war?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Aizen be freed? Will he have a role in the future war?

Most definitely, otherwise he wouldn't have been left alive and merely imprisoned. Plus, he's been rendered immortal, there's no way that was done without reason. The fact that he's already been mentioned more than once makes it seem that Kubo's making sure to keep him involved.

As for his role, that's harder to predict. He may or may not reclaim Big Bad status at some point, but I don't know. Yhwach has been built up, he's firmly tied into the story with connections to Ichigo and his past, as well as the past of the Bleachverse as a whole, and he's making things happen. I don't think he's just going to be cast aside any time soon. And personally I'm starting to like him as a villain at least as much as Aizen, if not more. Plus, the Quincy are showing themselves to be much more important than Hollows and Arrancar ever were, so they should be in this right to the end.

But we'll see. Aizen may have his way of stepping over the Quincy/Shinigami war. I'm sure he has his own plans in the works. I kind of doubt he'll be joining forces with anybody - he turned down Yhwach, and the Shinigami would be fools to trust him after he misled them for 100+ years straight. It may turn into a 3-way conflict, which could lead to some very interesting twists and turns.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

While the war is going on, Aizen will waltz in the Royal realm and cut the Soul King's throat.. Remember that, I called it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Aizen has changed towards Ichigo, in the ways that Ichigo seemingly changed Aizen.

The Hogyoku reads the wishes of people's heart, and Aizen had two things going for him that adds up into a final point;
    • He had a totally pwnass Zanpaktou ability and absurd reatsu levels and skills even without the Hogyoku.
    • He was lonely, he had no one to be with, he had so much power that it overwhelmed his emotions.
    • Because of his powers and nature he was lonely, and because he had so much power and no one to share his emotions with, he developed a God complex. Because no one could stand up to him, as such, he thought of himself as the strongest, and began to think of himself as a God, which only kept developing, getting stronger and stronger, until he finally put his own illusion into work (Ironic, he seemed illusional when that is his own nature and abilities).

Ichigo changed those two points;
    • Despite that Aizen used the Hogyoku, Ichigo still stood up to him and won easily every time, only the Hogyoku made him stand up to Ichigo, and this wasn't even enough. It made Aizen's own illusional idea of being the God of the world crack, Ichigo showed Aizen reality from the own illusion he had created and shed himself in.
    • Aizen had found someone who would not be scared of him, someone he could be himself around, someone who he can live his life around being himself without people ever doubting whether he's not affecting them.

I'd love to jump the boat and say Aizen is still going for the Soul King's throne, however I think Ichigo seemed to have changed him in exactly the area that made him want to be the Soul King/God in the first place.

In fact, Ichigo might very well be the lone and only person in all of Bleach that he wants to work with, although I don't think Aizen understands friendship coming from a life of being alone so much.
    That however not being that I don't think Aizen will feel better around Ichigo than anyone else, and in that manner, Aizen might be loyal to only Ichigo, and no one else.

Having lived a life in hell, and for the first time having found a shed of light, I don't think Aizen would want to throw that away easily.

His God complex is probably shattered for good, and he has found someone who isn't afraid of his powers. He does not need to become God to make his life make sense anymore, he was only trying to find a purpose with his life.
    If you don't have love, then what? A purpose? Exactly, he wanted to be God because that's what he thought his purpose was.

My only concern is that I doubt Kubo would want to make something as complex as this, even if it adds up and makes sense, it's a Shounen after all... Who knows...

It's just that I think Aizen wanting to be God/Soul King is getting old, really, really fast.
    I don't think Aizen wants it anymore either as I reasoned above, and I think these two points are important.

Just a theory anyway ^_^

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. When Ichigo surpassed Aizen, it drove him insane. Maybe now that he's had a year+ to consider everything that happened, he's discovered a new aspiration to reach Ichigo's level. It would be different from before, when his ambition was kind of a vague "I want to become godlike", now he might have a tangible target. But I honestly don't think he has any more respect for Ichigo than before. Ichigo got stronger, but in Aizen's mind he was just clay to be moulded, an experiment to study. He still considered him "a mere human" despite knowing full well about his origins. But, if Ichigo's right and Aizen subconsciously willed his powers away, wouldn't that change if he developed the desire to join Ichigo's? All he would have to do is wish it deep down and the Hogyoku would grant it, yet that doesn't seem to have happened.

I think the only person Aizen ever actually liked was Gin. Even though he claimed to know what Gin was up to the whole time, I think Gin genuinely fooled him and he was just trying to save face by denying it - pretty stupid to share his Zanpakuto's one workaround otherwise. But with Gin was someone who knew Aizen best, yet didn't fear him, and was capable of the same moral sense as him.

And whilst Gin was the only person he liked, I think Urahara was the only one he admired (as much as a narcissist can admire someone, at any rate). I think Aizen believes Urahara is the only person capable of really seeing things the way he does, which I reckon is actually true. Urahara never judged Aizen, in fact he might have understood him, he simply took the other side of the argument. He chose to accept the Soul King's influence, because that's just how it is. Imo that was a personal blow to Aizen - he finally found someone who could understand "how the world should be", and the guy chooses to simply take it as it is.

But anyway, I don't see Aizen ever wanting Ichigo as a friend. As far as he's concerned, I'd imagine Ichigo is just some boy with a lot of power, power Aizen's indirectly responsible for allowing to exist, and a simplistic, childish view on the world. But who knows? Spending time in an endless prison of absolute nothingness must have given him time to think. Who knows what conclusions he's drawn.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be funnier if Bach's 9 day time limit ran out because Aizen messed with his perception again and he ends up having to retreat or being defeated by a late arriving Ichigo. But that would probably be too repetitive compared to what happened last time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We know the hogyoku still protects Aizen and still serves Aizen--hence the immortality. So its fair to assume the likely possibility that Aizen can escape from prison whenever he wants. This possibility became even more likely the moment we learned that he rejected Yhwach's offer. Its especially curious because with Aizen's immortality, he didn't have to fear Yhwach's power and stay loyal to him. In theory, he could've just betrayed him the moment Yhwach set him free since its not like he had to worry about Yhwach killing him in return. Anyways, I digress. If I'm Aizen, I'm currently sitting in my chair with a big grin on my face having a blast waiting for one of two things to happen.

1.) Either the seireitei falls down around me and I eventually get to walk all over the corpses of the guys who stood in my way and see the destruction and devastation of a system of power I loathed or....

2.) I get the satisfaction of having the Gotei 13 come begging for my help. I'll get my powers back and be in position to play an entirely new game with a lot of fun new options and choices to make.

He'd probably like for option #2 to happen though. It'll be a lot harder for him to beat the Quincy's alone--especially if they actually prove powerful enough to beat all the shinigami and Royal Guard members. Option 2 provides him with a more proactive way to ensure both sides kill each other off completely.

One thing I'm almost positive of though is that Aizen hasn't changed too much. Based on his statement during his sentencing hearing, he likely still regards himself as a superior being and one worthy of becoming a god. So its still his goal I'm sure. If he's changed at all, I would hope he's finally overcome the main weakness that plagues most villains at the end of the day--Arrogance. If he's learned how to treat each threat as a serious threat, then Aizen in turn could come back to be far more dangerous than he was before.

The last thing I want to add is that I don't think its a coincidence that Unohana and Zaraki happened to have trained in the same location that Aizen should be at. Kubo could've created another location in or outside of the Seireitei that we don't know about for them to have their deathmatch. I don't know how exactly that will tie into Aizen's role in the plot but I think it will. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by xmacex; July 24, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xmacex View Post
    The last thing I want to add is that I don't think its a coincidence that Unohana and Zaraki happened to have trained in the same location that Aizen should be at. Kubo could've created another location in or outside of the Seireitei that we don't know about for them to have their deathmatch. I don't know how exactly that will tie into Aizen's role in the plot but I think it will. Just some food for thought.
    About that, wasn't Aizen shown to be sitting in a chair all strapped up and perhaps other details?
    Cause the place Unuhana and Zaraki fought seemed completely Void, and that was also the description of the place if I don't remember wrong? At least the feeling/impression it gave me if it wasn't described as such.
    Like a Void in a Void if you will, a place completely cut off from the surrouding world with nothing in it.

Call me crazy, but perhaps Aizen was imprisoned somewhere else that didn't involve any Void.

While Aizen is a huge danger on his own, perhaps the Void Unuhana and Zaraki went to fight would be a bad place to send Aizen, cause it could render the Void useless for other purposes, and perhaps it would be dangerous too (reflecting a bit on that later in the post).

It could also be something along the lines of the Dangai, which isn't used the way it was used originally anymore, in whichever way one may want to reflect on that one.

Just some loose thoughts, but I don't think we can conclude Aizen is in there for certain however.
    It seems Aizen is in a controlled environment and not just sealed into a Void on a chair, an environment where Yama and others can keep watch on him from a distance, which they can't in the Void that is completely cut off from the surrounding world (I presume).
    How awkward it would be if Aizen found a way to break his chains (He still has the Hogyoku, it might not be impossible for him), and as such, it's better to lock him somewhere where you can keep a watch on him from afar distance rather than a big Void where he can slowly and unnoticed free himself and prepare for when someone opens the Void door.
    If Aizen breaks free without being watched, then the next time someone opens the door to the Void, be it in 17 months like now, or 10 years or 100 years or more, then you got Aizen on the loose.
    I mean, it'd be better to close the Void for at least his full sentence and not use it for anything else, but the room might be too important to keep in a permanent lockdown because of Aizen.

So perhaps the choice was to keep Aizen under watch instead, in particular if there is even the slightest chance that he can break out of his chains if given enough time.

Also if I'm not mistaking, Aizen can't control the sense of reatsu, right?
    He only controls the 5 human senses, therefore he does not control the sensing of reatsu right? In a way sensing reatsu should be considered a 6th sense.

Some assumptions;
    • Aizen can't control/manipulate equipment such as surveillance camera's, microphones, reatsu sensors, and other non-living objects.
    • Aizen can't control what he cannot see or hear etc. this seems to have two factors;
      He can make an illusion that stays even after he has left (he did that 110 years ago).
      He can't change or create new illusions once he's too far away.

So if that is correct, then all the security they need from Aizen in his lockdown would be to;
    • Measure how far his reatsu is reaching out after being strepped up with reatsu sealing clothing, and then make sure no one gets close enough to be hit by his reatsu. That includes alarms going off if it reeaches further from Aizen than normal, including equipment to measure the level of reatsu coming from Aizen of all time.
    • Then also cut Aizen off so he can't use any of his 5 senses to see, hear other people etc. and as such he cannot cast/change his illusions.

I'd feel much more safe this way, unless they truly locked that Void down completely, which they didn't. So I find it safer to keep a close eye on Aizen 24/7 365 having Yama ready should just the slight change appear from Aizen's complete controlled environement.

I mean, it'd be kinda stupid mistake to allow Aizen to be in the Void in a unctrolled environment, and then open the door without knowing if Aizen is still in his chair or not, it's not like he's counting as a normal soul with the Hogyoku in him after all.

Also do we know how strong the door is? Is it as unbreakable as the Void itself?
    I hope the door is made of material similar to the walls surrounding Soul Society where reatsu can't damage it, othervice, Aizen could just destroy the door itself and walse out.

Personally I'd feel much more secure having Aizen under complete and utterly control all the time with surroundings Aizen can't control as described above.
    Last edited by Quantized; July 25, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got several reasons and theories on Aizen's return.

1. Aizen regained his sanity and original motive to overthrow the Soul King for whatever reason in his finally moments before being sealed. It's his sole known motive all along.

2. It's never officially revealed what happens to a Quincy soul when they die. I think that Aizen is somehow connected and may have even been a dead Quincy himself. (Penchant for white clothes, loathing of shinigami and SS.) Shinji's quote on Aizen's momma a hint of her being a potential Quincy from the war?

3. The main method of Aizen's escape and possible recover I have always felt would be Orihime. Grimmjow and gang have mentioned a few times now that something was done to her. I think the only real improvement Aizen's bankai could be is SUBTLE LONG TERM HYPNOSIS.

The idea that he used his Bankai's ability on Orihime and even without his sword gone needs only to activate it through a word, phrase, or reiatsu signal. This would tie Orihime''s kidnapping nicely into Aizen's long term goals and be absolutely hilarious. Orihime brainwashed into a cold blooded killer with godly powers freeing and being super obsessive over Aizen-sama would be funny to see. It'd be Momo all over again, which his bankai may be why Momo was so obsessed in the first place.

4. I think that the sword Bach gained from the sky to kill Yama may have even come from Soul King himself. It's possible Soul King himself could betray SS as we don't actually know a thing about him. RG has been indifferent to the fate of the Gotei 13 either way.

5. The death of Bach and revelation of RG and Soul King as the true final villains would bring the story to a grand conclusion opening up Aizen's motives for fighting Soul King, resulting in Aizen's death and Ichigo ultimately fulfilling Aizen's goal of ascending the throne himself to restore balance and save his friends.

Bonus points if Kyouraku dies and Kenpachi becomes the next CC. As he stands in Central 46 and they balk at him proposing to lead the Gotei he smiles sadistically and says Bankai. The next panel would be black and says "Fin."

^^^ How BLEACH should end IMHO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaraki as CC would be horrendous. SS is lucky that he doesn't want that position.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Another little thought; since the Vandenreich slaughtered the vast majority of the G13's personnel, it will now be made up mostly of new recruits. So aside from the Captains and Vice Captains, and the few other survivors, like Mayuri's underlings, the G13 will have a fresh batch of troops who aren't yet under the spell of Kyoka Suigetsu. Of course, it hasn't been long since the VR hit, so it's not like the G13 has had time to get much recruiting done, but it may still make certain movements on his part more difficult.

In fact, now that Seireitei has been replaced by Schatten Bereich, Aizen is now surrounded by an army of Quincy who never saw KS, so I'd say he's very much under their thumb for the time being. But that depends on exactly how the swapping worked. It seems that the landscape changed, but the people within it remained. Akon and some other Shinigami looked like they were trapped where Seireitei used to be, but it's not clear. Aizen and the Muken may be wherever Seireitei is, or they might now just have VR HQ on top of them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Black Star's Avatar
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Aizen's Grand Father/Relative Had to get the position of soul king but the present soul king managed to steal the position.This explains why Aizen wants the soul king position and also his statement "he doesnt deserve his position" (some what like that)

Want a signature like this^??Just PM me and I'll do it for free.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
    What if Aizen's Grand Father/Relative Had to get the position of soul king but the present soul king managed to steal the position.This explains why Aizen wants the soul king position and also his statement "he doesnt deserve his position" (some what like that)
    Aizen doesn't want to become the Soul King, but to destroy the position itself. Besides, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to care about anyone except himself...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen did want the position apparently - http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...33-page-6.html

But I agree that his quest was entirely selfishly motivated. It was all about satisfying his ambition and making the world suit his vision of what should be. In that last databook I think Kubo stated that he was indeed lonely, and he wanted the world to look up to him as their god, but again, it's all about him. I doubt he ever gave two shits about the people who'd actually be occupying his new world, he just wanted people to appreciate him for the wonder he is. What a douchebag, lol. Still one of my favourite characters though.

But as far as that theory goes, I think the world of SS starts and ends with the Soul King. I'm speculating, but I reckon there was never any competition for the role; just like Yhwach is the King and progenitor of all Quincy, the Soul King is the one from whom Shinigami originate. His ruling was never contested or in question, it's just the natural order of things.

Anyway, the point is, whatever Aizen has done and will do in the future, it will most likely be driven by his own desires and nothing else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Aizen doesn't want to become the Soul King, but to destroy the position itself. Besides, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to care about anyone except himself...
    I wouldn't be so sure. In the recently-dubbed anime, he explicitly stated that he wanted to take the place of the Soul King as he was being sealed away...

Anyway, I get this feeling that Aizen is still as hell-bent on overthrowing the Soul King as he was back then. The thing is, Aizen has learnt his lesson, and this time he's being more patient and cautious than he was before! If my gut feeling is correct, we won't see Aizen coming until he's acheived his goal, by which time it'll be too late. He's not going to stand up in front of the Shinigami and say "You're my enemies, and I'm going to overthrow the Soul King!" this time; he's playing the stealth card all the way this time, avoiding drawing attention to himself (which I believe is why he declined Juhabach's offer; he doesn't want to take any risks or make any noise whilst he's acting out his plan)...

TBH, I still believe Aizen is going to end up being the final antagonist. He's allowing the Vandenreich to wreck havoc and draw everyone (including the Royal Guard) into battle, whilst he avoids any confrontation and thus avoids potentially losing his chance to strike at the Soul King. It's like going after a celebrity; you're not going to go and make yourself known, otherwise the bodyguards will step in and keep you busy whilst the celebrity is being bundled into an armoured car, which will result in you losing your chance. The best way to assassinate a high-profile character is to get them whilst they're alone and sneak up on them.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

At least during the first part of the manga aizen wanting to take the throne of the king is essentially a given. Just killing the kind is meaningless if there has to be a king anyways. More so, he made it clear he wanted to make the world as it should be as he was sealed away by urahara, such a thing cannot be done without being the king. He went to quite some extremes to make himself into a being inherently superior to shinigami and hollows as a whole, such a thing does not make sense without him having a god complex to begin with.

Even assuming aizen wants to take the throne even today there is the scenario that he lacks resources to do it. As far as his powers go we should assume he is at least a proper shinigami if not more which would be important but unless he is at least what he was against ichigo he will invariably need an army. His espada were decimated so there is that. I can buy aizen defeating any one of the royal guards or even fighting on equal grounds with juhabach even as a normal shinigami but overall that is not enough at all. If he wants to become the king he needs to get out of the prison and somehow take the seat away from juhabach. Doing that implies making an enemy of both the stern riter and the captains at large. As a transcendent being that is perfectly doable but we have enough reasons to suggest aizen does not have those powers anymore. Heck, if what ichigo said after defeating aizen holds some truth there is no reason for aizen to be anything but shinigami if he ever does appear considering the implication would be that aizen just wants to be a simple shinigami.

Aizen could potentially be waiting for the right moment to strike, alone as he is, against juhabach and take the throne away from him at the very last second but I don't think that is a very good development to be honest. I mean, if such a thing is supposed to be a surprise then it implies just aizen appearing out of nowhere. Kubo could make aizen escape or something but in that case it wouldn't be a surprise anymore so to speak. Dunno, for me the idea of aizen still wanting to be king even after the bit ichigo gave us about aizen wanting to be normal is weird.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast