Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Logia and Busoshoku Haki- the case of Akainu

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Logia and Busoshoku Haki- the case of Akainu

Busoshoku Haki granted the user the ability to touch Devil Fruit user's true body but it doesn't cancel out the Devil fruit's effect. So having Busoshoku Haki doesn't meant automatically ownage against Logia users and or having the upper hand against Logia users still because of their Devil Fruit's effect.

With intangibility remove, these Logia DF doesn't really provide a second defense toward its user.
    -Caribou, Caesar Clown

Low defense once intangibility is removed.
    -Smoker(smokescreen), Borsalino (brightness for distraction), Crocodile (if he could train to absorb just via touching any part of his body), and Monet (chill)

Moderate to high defense
    -Ace (burn), Enel (paralysis), Kuzan (freeze), and Akainu (super burn).

In conclusion, even if Akainu isn't a top tier but rather a high tier in physical strength. I don't see too many people can beat him even if they master up to Vergo's level of Busoshoku haki. Recall the battle between Luffy and Magellan. Even if Luffy was able to touch Magellan he still suffered quite the consequence.

Akainu's ability especially seemed to have bypass many high tier's Busoshoku haki defense. I must said Akainu has one of the best defense in One Piece verse combine with mastery of Busoshoku haki and possibly Tekkai.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logia and Busoshoku Haki- the case of Akainu

It doesn't cancel out the effect of the fruit, but it can provide a bit more protection and add to the user's physical ability. Having Busoshoku Haki never meant instant ownage against a Logia user, it just allows you to actually stand a chance against fighting them. I don't think it was ever supposed to give anyone an advantage, just a fighting chance.

Quote Quote:
    With intangibility remove, these Logia DF doesn't really provide a second defense toward its user.
    -Caribou, Caesar Clown
    I'll give you Caribou, but Ceasar has the ability to steal oxygen from the surrounding area which is a pretty good second defense. As you said, they can just touch the Logia user, not disable their powers.

As for Akainu, I don't really get what you are going for. Not many people can beat Akainu because the dude is freaking strong. Have people been arguing that someone with Vergo's level of haki could beat Akainu? Even if Hardening gave them some sort of immunity towards his magma, he could still just go with regular fisticuffs and beat them down because he most likely can do Hardening as well. Luffy did, but it doesn't seem like those level 6 Prisoners did.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logia and Busoshoku Haki- the case of Akainu

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I'll give you Caribou, but Ceasar has the ability to steal oxygen from the surrounding area which is a pretty good second defense. As you said, they can just touch the Logia user, not disable their powers.
    I am talking about pure defense. As in, Luffy punching someone from his mid range attack which he complete avoid the "area."

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    ave people been arguing that someone with Vergo's level of haki could beat Akainu? Even if Hardening gave them some sort of immunity towards his magma
    I am rating his devil fruit power alone in this case. I am wondering how powerful is his devil fruit. If someone like Caribou was to have it, how is haki going to protect someone against magma. The analogy I am think off is wearing heat resistance baking glove and put your hands in the volcano. The gloves doesn't really matter in the long run.

During the Marineford arc, I don't recall Whitebeard make a physical contact beside Akainu blew his face off. Marco and Vista didn't really touch him either. The only person who did was I supposed Ace and Jinbe. Who both were gravely injury. It is difficult to gauge his Devil Fruit power without removing his haki feats however.
    ====================================================================

UMMM, I apologized for making this thread. Can someone just merged it with http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...haki-and-logia
    Last edited by weixiaobao; July 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

New Reply