Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What made quincies so wicked?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What made quincies so wicked?

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Not true, I read through Bach's wiki just now, and nowhere has he stated that he wants to upset the balance and destroy everything, he may very well occupy soul society and use occupied shinigami to kill hollows, he never said he wants to wipe them out, only to kill the soul king and "conquer soul society". We don't know what their full plans are after they defeat SS, but I can't imagine they want to destroy the worlds, since that would destroy them as well.

Moreover those two "SRs he killed" were arrancar conscripted from Hueco mundo, they were not quincy or SRs, though yes Bach was merciless for killing one for questioning him and the other for not being useful anymore, that was just because he hates hollows due to them killing his people in the past and forcing them into this situation due to consuming human souls, ruthless but understandable. As nodt is just a soldier, he has not been shown to be a bad person despite being "terrifying" due to his powers, bambietta did murder that one man making her evil, but buzzbee is just a punk, hard to get along with on a personal level but hardly "belligerent" and opie was ruthless towards hollows but offered mercy to everyone else, and recruited the strongest ones.

Yes, it's the last arc, hopefully Kubo has a lot he has been saving up and will just let loose this time.
    Okay, so you want to humanize Bach and say he's not so bad and doesn't kill the SRs that aren't Arrancars? He offed Royd Loyd. Of course, he looked to have been fatally injured by Yamamoto. But I assure you, it wasn't mercy that was in Bach's eyes when he finished the guy. Yamamoto commented several times on Bach's tendency to treat his own men with disregard. Bach mocks Yamamoto for caring too much about his officers. That is not the kind of person who cares for his own. He is a murderous, backstabbing bastard who will kill ANYONE without hesitation. I haven't seen him show even one speck of humanity towards enemy or ally. Point one out if you think I'm wrong.

Now, I am not saying that the shinigamis are blameless or all good. Certainly, I find it unnerving that Mayuri would murder innocent Rukon folk and that Yamamoto assured him that he would have okayed Mayuri doing that. But even if Yamamoto had needed to make that decision, he wouldn't have done so flippantly, the way Bach murders even his own. Add to that, Yamamoto, while he was willing to sacrifice his fellow captains and vice captains to kill Aizen with a devastating attack, you never saw him abuse his own officers or callously murder any of them.

And if you believe that stuff that Bach was feeding Uryuu about being his honored successor, you should read between the lines. Haschwald already foreshadowed that Bach is going to stab Uryuu in the back!

See?

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/544/16

Clear evidence this guy is NO HERO.

I don't know why people seem to idolize Bach. He is a first class creep who has shown no sign of humanity at all. Please, correct me if I have missed something!
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; July 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Okay, so you want to humanize Bach and say he's not so bad and doesn't kill the SRs that aren't Arrancars? He offed Royd Loyd. Of course, he looked to have been fatally injured by Yamamoto. But I assure you, it wasn't mercy that was in Bach's eyes when he finished the guy. Yamamoto commented several times on Bach's tendency to treat his own men with disregard. Bach mocks Yamamoto for caring too much about his officers. That is not the kind of person who cares for his own. He is a murderous, backstabbing bastard who will kill ANYONE without hesitation. I haven't seen him show even one speck of humanity towards enemy or ally. Point one out if you think I'm wrong.

Now, I am not saying that the shinigamis are blameless or all good. Certainly, I find it unnerving that Mayuri would murder innocent Rukon folk and that Yamamoto assured him that he would have okayed Mayuri doing that. But even if Yamamoto had needed to make that decision, he wouldn't have done so flippantly, the way Bach murders even his own. Add to that, Yamamoto, while he was willing to sacrifice his fellow captains and vice captains to kill Aizen with a devastating attack, you never saw him abuse his own officers or callously murder any of them.

And if you believe that stuff that Bach was feeding Uryuu about being his honored successor, you should read between the lines. Haschwald already foreshadowed that Bach is going to stab Uryuu in the back!

See?

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/544/16

Clear evidence this guy is NO HERO.

I don't know why people seem to idolize Bach. He is a first class creep who has shown no sign of humanity at all. Please, correct me if I have missed something!
    Nobody wants to "idolize" bach, he is a eugenic, imperialist warmonger, but he isn't unreasonable, I just wanted to say that it hasn't been said that they plan to destroy everything. Honestly that's how it is in real life though, if a soldier were lying in pain dying on the battlefield, you can't heal them, and they can't fight, that's what they do, royd lloyd was crying from happiness that he had been useful, he knew what he signed up for and was prepared, but it's also true that bach could have expressed some regret or something, that's kind of how war is though, tbh.

It's not just that mayuri killed the quincy instead of holding them, or even the 30k rukon civilians whose souls he destroyed, but HOW he killed them, he delighted in torturing them, forcing them to incinerate their own children alive etc... Unfortunately that's the situation, and yes, the quincy probably have someone at least as bad on their side.

If you want something demonizing yamamoto though, there is plenty, like his decision to send rukia to her death, the promise he made to spare ichigo and friends, though he had no intention of doing that. He also said it was ok if renji died to byakuya "because he is just a vice captain", it's been said he was a demon in the past, but that doesn't really matter, I was just pointing out some flaws in the previous post, but yes bach is one cold bastard, I too think he will kill uryuu to take his powers like his mother or something like that, whether uryuu is loyal to him or not.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; August 01, 2013 at 12:46 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Your post is a tad contradictory in regards to juhabach IMO. How can you claim he is a eugenic, imperialist warmonger but yet somehow isn't unreasonable? Also, while we are missing a few details about his plan there is pretty much a song out there that says he does want to destroy everything. He recited it himself. More so, there is this bit too.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-12.html

At that time it did seem the quincy are rather hellbent on actually destroying the balance. Of course there is the consideration that the arc basically started with the quincy destroying thousands upon thousands of hollows with the apparent very specific purpose of destroying the balance. So you have their initial attempt to destroy the balance, you have luder being sent to inspect how long it would take the balance to break and you have a song about juhabach destroying the world. All in all juhabach's plan being the actual destruction of the balance of souls seems pretty obvious by now.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Your post is a tad contradictory in regards to juhabach IMO. How can you claim he is a eugenic, imperialist warmonger but yet somehow isn't unreasonable? Also, while we are missing a few details about his plan there is pretty much a song out there that says he does want to destroy everything. He recited it himself. More so, there is this bit too.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-12.html

At that time it did seem the quincy are rather hellbent on actually destroying the balance. Of course there is the consideration that the arc basically started with the quincy destroying thousands upon thousands of hollows with the apparent very specific purpose of destroying the balance. So you have their initial attempt to destroy the balance, you have luder being sent to inspect how long it would take the balance to break and you have a song about juhabach destroying the world. All in all juhabach's plan being the actual destruction of the balance of souls seems pretty obvious by now.
    This is dragging on too long, but anyways, there's quite a difference between a dictator and tyrant that wants to conquer everything, and a madman who just wants to kill everything, the first is an unavoidable consequence of the human condition, and the second probably doesn't exist, in other words, if the first category were to conquer SS, then life would still be liveable, one year later and things would probably be at least ok, but the second type would be unliveable and must be stopped at all costs, the first would just be a change of leadership, from the soul king to bach, a brutal transition then he goes in his castle and everything would be pretty ok. Understand how that is not a contradiction? Thank you, I appreciate your understanding.

No, the song says he "regained the world" not destroyed it, you cannot take control of something that is destroyed, you should listen to the song again.

No, look at your own reference, luder was inspecting SS's defenses, not checking the balance, he just noticed it was in a perilous position, now we have numerous shinigami destroyed as well, which would probably reestablish the balance, after hollows which have not crossed over to SS were destroyed.

No again, look at the page after that one you referenced, bach did not say he wants to destroy the balance there, he just glazed over what will happen in the future, and dismissed it rudely. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-13.html
    Last edited by winterwyrm; August 01, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, you are right. I got mixed up with the next page.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...0-page-18.html

Its not a part of the song, its something he explicitly says.

I was talking about the comment on what juhabach said luden was doing earliers. Luden at some point said it would take 5 days for the balance of souls to be destroyed. Juhabach's attitude towards the balance thing was rather lax.

As for the two types of villains, I think the manga is heavily going towards juhabach being both. He wants to restart the world and the best way to do that is to start by destroying everything.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahh, you are right. I got mixed up with the next page.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...0-page-18.html

Its not a part of the song, its something he explicitly says.

I was talking about the comment on what juhabach said luden was doing earliers. Luden at some point said it would take 5 days for the balance of souls to be destroyed. Juhabach's attitude towards the balance thing was rather lax.

As for the two types of villains, I think the manga is heavily going towards juhabach being both. He wants to restart the world and the best way to do that is to start by destroying everything.
    I see, yes, that happened recently so I had assumed he meant like the end of SS or the end of that regime, simply because he didn't say something like "the end of the worlds" or something like that, if he does indeed mean that is what he wants to do, then both him and everyone collaborating with him is truly wicked.

Yes, bach did not seem disturbed by that news, I had assumed the reason for that was because he had some plan for averting such a disaster, well, friend, why do you think he wants to restart the world? What do you feel he would gain in a new world that this one doesn't have? In other words to go back to the title question what would have you think made them like that?

I still doubt the quincy want to self-destruct, the only way I would see that happening would be if their headquarters was removed from the two worlds at balance system, and they can just go there and then recolonize the worlds after they are destroyed, that would indeed be truly evil, but I still doubt they desire annihilation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH, I think the Quincies are simply evil because it's in their nature, and because this is the final arc!!!!!

Bleach has always been about an enemy with reason...Byakuya was the enemy because he felt the need to follow the law...Jin was the enemy because his group was cast out by the Shinigami...Aizen was the enemy because he had some kinda beef with the Soul King. Basically put, all of the enemies we've seen before now have some reason as to why they're opposing the Soul Society, which has often been shed upon just before their defeat.....

.....however, I feel that Juhabach is truly evil; one could argue that he's pissed because his race has been all but wiped out by the Shinigami, but it's been stated that Juhabach was exactly the same before the Quincies were exterminated!!! I might be wrong, and we may yet again see that Juhabach is actually a misunderstood individual like the rest of them, but I have a feeling I'm not!!! Yep folks, we're dealing with somebody in this arc who's just evil by nature, something that hasn't been seen in this manga before now!!!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody wants to follow the law...that's what makes them wicked.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe FAR IN THE PAST. We have an untold love story of how Yamamoto stole Bach's woman. This led to a feud between the Quincies and the reapers. Then we have the legend of Bach.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3