Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: If the Bishokukai hadn't interfered

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GumGumRep's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko If the Bishokukai hadn't interfered

How do you think the Cooking Festival tournament would have progressed?

A reminder of the match ups:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If the Bishokukai hadn't interfered

I don't think Komatsu will beat Zaus or Setsuno in his first try. It would be too unbelievable.
    When Buranchi won, I don't think those two top chefs were participating so it's okay for him to win his first fest. But in this fest, almost all top chefs are present so beating them would be kind of an asspull.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We kind of know nothing about any of them except for ranks which seem to be rather arbitrary. So all I can suspect is that Zaus would sweep the left side vs. someone like Wabutora or Tsurara, the first being one who was mentioned by name by the Bishokukai. Hmm..I must be blind or dumb because I don't see Yuda on that list, so I guess we ignore him O_O Ok, then I could see Setsuno vs. Granny Kama, and I could actually see Buranchi vs. Appolo who seems to be a Neo member. Buranchi would likely win though, as would of course Setsuno who may would probably win as well by a very narrow margin. The reason I'd go with her is because it would have been a more interesting battle to see her vs Zaus. Sorry about my lack of Komatsu love, I just think it would be beyond stupid for him to beat Zaus.

This is what people who don't watch sports or do fantasy sports think about. We speculate on match-ups between imaginary super chefs.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

if bishokukai hadn't interfered komatsu would have made zebramen(sort of ramen) and beat zaus for getting cocky

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GumGumRep's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have said Buranchi would have won it. I feel like the younger generation is quickly taking over and his hype is pretty good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GumGumRep View Post
    I would have said Buranchi would have won it. I feel like the younger generation is quickly taking over and his hype is pretty good.
    Yes, either way I doubt strongly that setsuno or zaus would have had an easy run here, even though they are very different from komatsu in terms of fighting strength, komatsu already beat setsuno in the century soup, after she failed to reproduce it after trying for ten years, and he got it in a few months, and also making the medicinal mochi not only easier but also scrapping that method and making another one where it's tastier when setsuno+yuda+tairan etc... could not.

He would have probably lost in the end since setsuno has centuries of cooking experience, and knows a ton of recopies that komatsu doesn't, so she could whip up something grand that he had never heard of, but I don't think it would be impossible for komatsu to win.

New Reply