Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zaraki Kenpachi

10 32.26%
  • Kisuke Urahara

21 67.74%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Kenpachi vs Urahara

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Quarter Finals: Kenpachi vs Urahara

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    This fight just turned to squat imo. As did the tournament since special designed cuffs to seal Aizen's reiatsu can now be used as much as he wants (from fight to fight). Whats to stop him using other inventions like taking the armor he gave Yoruichi and doning it himself? With these inventions he can beat anyone. Theres no reason to discuss the fight now.
    Ichigo shouldn't use GT then! His handcuff work on someone who can be caught. Kenpachi can, Ichigo wouldn't be caught. Kenpachi is just unfortunate to fight Urahara. It's HIS technique like any other.
    Last edited by Duniak; July 25, 2013 at 06:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara only had one of these 'cuffs'. Even if he could use them, he would have to somehow get close enough to touch Zaraki's wrists. Its an invention, not a technique. Comparing it to Ichigo's getsuga is a reach.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he could use them, he would have to somehow get close enough to touch Zaraki's wrists.
    I am not sure where you got the idea that he had to touch Aizen's wrists to put the cuffs on.

However, if you believe he did do it when Aizen cut him, from behind, with his judo chop technique - then I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to do it to Zaraki.

Its an invention, not a technique. Comparing it to Ichigo's getsuga is a reach.
    This, however, I do agree with. Getsuga is a zanpakuto technique, it is completely different.

That said, if you state that he can not use this piece of technology, then that surely means that he (and therefore everyone else) can not use any other technology/external item outside of their zanpakuto. As Kisuke (or Mayuri) has not really been in a fight where he has not used some external tech (this is his style) then it is not really a fair restriction.

If you are going to state that the cuffs were made specifically for the Aizen fight, and so he wouldn't bring them (for whatever reason), then why did he bring the portable gigai to the Aizen fight? Why did he even bring it to the fight with Luppi, Wonderweiss and Yammy? Is the portable gigai also not allowed?
    Infinite RAGE!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Please be more considerate of other people's opinions while you are proposing arguments and avoid any kinds of insulting comments, however they might seem minor to you.

Urahara only had one of these 'cuffs'. Even if he could use them, he would have to somehow get close enough to touch Zaraki's wrists. Its an invention, not a technique. Comparing it to Ichigo's getsuga is a reach.
    I agree that the two cases are rather incomparable. That said, I don't think the usage of the kido sealing cuffs is a party spoiler in the context of this tournament, although not quite for the reason you have thought of (getting close enough to use them), but merely because I don't see Urahara using them right off the bat, not least before measuring Kenpachi's true strength.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I agree that the two cases are rather incomparable. That said, I don't think the usage of the kido sealing cuffs is a party spoiler in the context of this tournament, although not quite for the reason you have thought of (getting close enough to use them), but merely because I don't see Urahara using them right off the bat, not least before measuring Kenpachi's true strength.
    Instead of deleting you could delete offensive part (I'm curious which part was offensive to you btw), writing it again is a pain. I guess irony and sarcasm are the same as "being offensive" nowadays. And we dare to be surprised when men are looking like girls with fringe and 70-80% of teens are neurotics. Keep them out of the harm's way more, I'm sure they'd be ready to live in a normal society.

Measuring strength? He can easily feel his reiatsu, he has full intent to kill like everyone in this tournament. It's enough for him to not look at Kenpachi swinging his sword like an idiot. He'd probably use it off the bat if such battle happened. We are here to judge outcome of the battles, basing it on character's feats, not judge if Urahara would measure Kenpachi's powers or not. To avoid arguments like "Urahara wouldn't attack Yoruichi" or "Kyoraku wouldn't attack a girl" mindset is clear, full intent to kill, right off the bat, no measuring power, not playing around, no regrets, going for a kill.

Quote Quote:
    Its an invention, not a technique. Comparing it to Ichigo's getsuga is a reach.
    Quote Quote:
    This, however, I do agree with. Getsuga is a zanpakuto technique, it is completely different.
    Aizen himself said, that it is a TECHNIQUE.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/molokidan/releases/22277
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/22336

Both translations are confirming that. Unless, of course, you both are better at Japanese than translators and you can prove, that it wasn't called a technique. Or you're suggesting Aizen's statement is false and you can back up your claim. If you can't do either of those things, you shouldn't bother arguing about it being a technique and saying it is an invention.

Now that we know both reiatsu-sealing and GT are techniques, we can compare those two, as they're both techniques that come from shinigami's soul. The difference is Zanpakuto, that is ONLY a medium. And Zanpakuto isn't required to use inner powers, thus Zanpakuto has no real influence on a technique's form and character. Thus, both techniques are literally the same, just as Kido. Kido manifests reiatsu in a specific manner, regardless of user's own reiatsu (and it needs incantation for that), Zanpakuto techniques are using inner reiatsu to manifest itself in a particular manner, that depend on user's reiatsu. Now show me ONE difference between Urahara's TECHNIQUE and Ichigo's GT, except using a medium. (Is it offensive too? I mean capslock looks like I'm shouting, right? And shouting means being aggresive)

If using handcuffs is prohibited, quickly restrict Tessai and Hachi from using Kido! (That much of an irony is being offensive too?)
    Last edited by Duniak; July 28, 2013 at 05:03 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Zaraki Kenpachi: 10
    Kisuke Urahara: 21

Kisuke Urahara advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3