Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 289 Discussion/290 Prediction

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Noblesse Chapter 289 Discussion/290 Prediction

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Noblesse.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Jammin; July 29, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 289 Spoiler Thread

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zales88's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 289 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    ENG:
    http://mngacow.com/noblesse/289/3/

Not much happened this chapter.
    Last edited by zales88; July 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Bleach|D.Gray-Man|Detective Conan|Eyeshield21|Full Metal Alchemist|Gantz|Hajime no Ippo|Katekyou Hitman Reborn|Liar Game|Mahou Sensei Negima|Naruto|One Piece|Pluto|Vagabond|Veritas|Zetman|History Strongest Desciple Kenichi|Bitter Virgin|H2|Mx0|Old Boy|20th Century Boys|Battle Royale|Black Cat|Blue Heaven|Death Note|Devil&Devil|Flame of Recca|Hikaru no GO|Hot Blooded Woman|Monster|Prince of Tennis|Rouruni Kenshin|Slam Dunk|Berserk|Futari Ecchi|Golden Boy|Unbalanced x Unbalanced
    and more

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 289 Discussion/290 Prediction

mmmm... I forgot what I was going to write...

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this isn't the MOST boring flashback I've ever read. But it's tragically close.

Character development for the two characters that need it the least (Raizel and Franky) and a bunch of stuff mostly involving people who are already dead. I mean, we get that Raizel lived a solitary life before he woke up in Korea. We get it already. So stop repeating so much!

In place of my review this week I'm just going to say....please let this flashback end.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I can't quite remember what I was going to say either!

Spoiler show

Spoiler: How do you keep the Lord in suspense? show
    Last edited by Wowzers; July 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Reminded of an old joke

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand why some didn't liked this chapter... I really liked it.

Rai's life 820 years ago is important part of story... How Franky's affection grow towards Rai is important.

I agree that the chapter being too short is a major turn off, but the chapter was far from boring for me.

Noblesse Forever!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Don't understand why some didn't liked this chapter... I really liked it.

Rai's life 820 years ago is important part of story... How Franky's affection grow towards Rai is important.

I agree that the chapter being too short is a major turn off, but the chapter was far from boring for me.
    Well I don't like it because it's a flashback that told me nothing new. Not a thing.

The Raizel and Franky stuff is something we've seen before (many times). Urukia, Roctis, and Serana not liking Franky being treated well by Raizel and the Lord is old news. Raizel spending most of his time staring out that window and the traitors trying to ingratiate themselves to him is old news too. Why did this warrant a flashback? It was basically just filler wasn't it?

It's like the narrative has gone out of it's way to say....nothing; and to do so very slowly.

It would be one thing if this was leading up to actually showing Raizel being betrayed but, judging by the fact that Urukia still has his eye, there is very little hope of that happening. So, three chapters into this flashback, I see no point to it at all. If there is a point, I think it's past time to start getting there.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

So Raizel is suffering from Alzeihmer, i see... Well maybe the reason he stayed in hibernation for 820 years is only because he forgot to wake up

Nothing much to add really, like Jammin said it was one boring chapter and the flashback is boring as well.

Strixflash: the chapter wasn't really important at all, the only point that was made was that Frankenstein noticed that Urokai-Zarga-Roctis's behavior is suspicious along with the 6 other clan leaders visiting Raizel and that didn't take more than 3 pages. The rest of the chapter was useless and wasn't related to anything important that happened or might happen.

PS: I'm REALLY getting tired of Urokai acting like a brat. Isn't he supposed to be a hundred years old or more...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowzers: I think he did it deliberately, maybe as his own personal version of payback XD

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with Jammin on this one, at least partly. The current flashback did nothing a flashback is supposed to do, namely either expand a characters/multiple characters or explain a past incidence in more detail. Besides minor details like Frankenstein´s first meeting with the Lord, Urukai´s general hatred towards Franky and the fact that the traitors visited Rai quote often, which in turn made Franky suspect them, at least a little, we did not get anything new at all.
    Nevertheless, it´s still to premature to judge the whole flashback. I suspect the flashback is supposed to enlighten how the traitors actually betrayed Lukedonia and Rai, so i am going to be patient and wait a while before being completely fed up with it.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Not enough in this chapter to even have much discussion about

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

What a useless flashback so far. Not a single piece of information worth knowing yet.
    I already don't like flashbacks because it often affect badly the pace but here, it's just awful.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Author took lessons from Kubo or someone? He started trolling? Well, maybe it is to show contrast between Rai and Frankenstein. Frank, who reads too much into everything and Rai, who doesn't give a flying fuck about what happens around that much. Calm, collected and carefree master with nervous, cocky and intelligent servant.

It's probably build-up towards Noble's rebellion. Franky said it out loud, that their actions are suspicious, the only ones we see so far are those who will betray Lord somewhere in the story.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Well this isn't the MOST boring flashback I've ever read. But it's tragically close.

Character development for the two characters that need it the least (Raizel and Franky) and a bunch of stuff mostly involving people who are already dead. I mean, we get that Raizel lived a solitary life before he woke up in Korea. We get it already. So stop repeating so much!

In place of my review this week I'm just going to say....please let this flashback end.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I am with Jammin on this one, at least partly. The current flashback did nothing a flashback is supposed to do, namely either expand a characters/multiple characters or explain a past incidence in more detail. Besides minor details like Frankenstein´s first meeting with the Lord, Urukai´s general hatred towards Franky and the fact that the traitors visited Rai quote often, which in turn made Franky suspect them, at least a little, we did not get anything new at all.
    Nevertheless, it´s still to premature to judge the whole flashback. I suspect the flashback is supposed to enlighten how the traitors actually betrayed Lukedonia and Rai, so i am going to be patient and wait a while before being completely fed up with it.

I agree with Miyamoto, but I disagree a bit with Jammin lol. The flashback was completely unsubstantial, didn't tell nothing about what it should have to tell important information (that is the part I don't agree with Jammin). I would like to know why franki and Rai has such a relationship; the other flasback in which we saw how Franki arrived to Lukedonia and to Rai's house didn't convince me: I mean is unbelievable that such a wild guy, a rebel, like Franki would have accepted mostly with out hesitation to become a loyal servant of an (in that moment) unknown guy for him, like Rai. So that previous flashback left me with that question about how they got a strong relationship. So I'm still wondering about their relationship: is it that Franki fall in love of a sudden? first sigh love? .... Well, this flashback haven told nothing about it. Possibly in futures chapters we will see a contract betweenthem, but I'd like that the author would make it fully believable. So the 'I forgot it' left me unsure, because it could be a sign that the authors dont worry much about to provide such a development.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast