Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
We all love One Piece a lot, for lots of us it's probably our favorite series. No doubt that it has it's flaws though. So, if you were the author what would you add or change?
Here are some of mine:
1. I'm make Luffy more intelligent. I don't mind that he's overall a dumbass, but since spent his whole childhood training in a dangerous forest full of wild animals I'd like it if he displayed his survival knowledge a lot more. Especially since he just spent two whole years training in the wild.
2. I'd like the specific skill set of the Strawhats to be emphasized more. Take Sanji's cooking for example. We know he's learned some new cooking tricks to help the crew grow stronger but we've only seen it once so far, and it wasn't particularly significant. Nami is the only Strawhat that regularly gets the focus she deserves when it comes to her specialty imo.
3. Bounty hunters. This is a pirate manga and we're in sore need of strong bounty hunters.
4. I want to see the Strawhats strength be less specific to just one on one fights and more applicable to all sorts of situations.
add stronger people to the crew and more pirate treachery
If I could change something about Luffy it would be his sexual awareness of women.
I wouldn't do anything to change the feel of the series or his personality but I'd make Luffy at least get Hancock preggo at the end of it. I also would have made Luffy look different after the time skip, like he did on Romance Dawn. http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OneP...267980-49.html
Other than that I wouldn't change anything about our hero.
I don't really feel a need for characters to die but I would kill off a few. Law, Garp, Rayleigh, Shanks, Teach and Sakazuki could all die. I might even let Luffy die as the strongest pirate in history.
But on your 2. point,
I disagree. It's always been made aware how awesome of a cook Sanji is. Same with Chopper as a Doctor, Usopp and his accuracy, Robin and her knowledge as an Archaeologist, Franky and his ability to fix things, Brook and his musician skills.
It really is just Luffy and Zoro who's skills are fighting and just... Fighting...
1. a too simple minded main character like it's been said above, Luffy is an archetype, the strong idiot,typical stereotype of the shonen battle manga hero,even DB's Goku is less dumb
2. One Piece tends to be extremely formulated- The crew always happen to make friend with the good guys then clashes against bad guys, they beat them up & the SH become saviours...it's getting old Oda san
3.Too much fan service lately
4.Interaction between characters is a bit lacking despite the main theme of OP being the superficial Nakama BS,I mean I likes the jokes & all but yeah...
I'd like to add that the tournament lately felt like a lot of hype,I'm waiting for Luffy to face some real competition,it's about time.
Last edited by KingOfNight; July 24, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
Last edited by takneeque; July 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Honestly? The pacing has been killing me lately. This arc has great, but Fishman Island was freaking brutal in hindsight and Punk Hazard was pretty slow.
Also Robin needs more action and fanservice. And Sanji better get a good fight this arc. Other than that, everything is A+.
oda is writing pure gold, there is a very good chance that we are experiencing the greatest manga of all time
enjoy one piece while it lasts my friends, we may never see another manga of this quality again
luffys intelligence in that he would more sly
the only thing that comes to mind, when i really try to split hairs...
i would like to see more of shanks's crew
obviously we all know that is coming up, i just hope his sure to be epic appearance (actual presence in an arc beyond a few panels) isnt limited to one arc like white beard
i hope shanks sticks around for a while once he does show up again
Last edited by REN KOUEN; July 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
I'd increase the pace of the series, since it tends to feel too slow. I'd also remove horrible humor like Dolfmaingo's crony that keeps invading people's personal space, and the other crony who keeps sayin the opposite of others.... I think Diamente? Never found that funny.
And as long as the monster trio gets epic fights, I'm okay with them.
I read One Piece because it is One Piece. I read 20th Century Boys because it is 20th Century Boys.
Disagree again, go to One Piece wiki and look at interactions at some of the Strawhats. In this one regard, Oda is very good at showing and not telling. Little stuffs like the evolution of how Nico Robin call each of the strawhats to show how she had warm up to them since she first join. To how they treat each other (Zoro to Chopper). Though, with an addition of a strawhats each time, this will got extremely hard because one more meant a lot more relationships. The next one add in 9 more relationship lines. (9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1= that is how many relationships that Oda must keep track of).Quote:
Last edited by weixiaobao; July 25, 2013 at 01:24 AM.