Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Where will this week's cliff Hanger lead us to?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new fighter in the next chapter

5 25.00%
  • Someone actually dying

5 25.00%
  • Hashirama and Madara YAOI panel time

10 50.00%
New Reply

Thread: NarutoTheory Reviews Naruto Chapter 640: Finally!

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NarutoTheory Reviews Naruto Chapter 640: Finally!

"The Marking on Obito Vanished?"
    Minato

"It seems like Obito's mind is just barely standing the Juubi's power...like he can't control it!"
    Minato

"Finally, Sensei"
    Obito

Well my fears regarding last weeks polls for my Naruto 639 review have basically been put under a rug but I was somewhat correct about Minato getting there in time but he only got there in time because of Naruto's help. This chapter is also about the fated inner battle I've been hearing so much about around the web in relation to Obito and the Juubi, that Kishimoto made Obito the Juubi Jinchuuriki because he's unstable emotionally and that he will be defeated through talk-no-jutsu due to the battle in his mind he's having against the Juubi's control.

Naruto 640: Finally
    The images in this review are credited to Mangapanda.

Naruto remembers what his father says in regards to his Hiraishin technique: "It only works on something either I or my chakra are touching in some way...", in doing so Naruto creates chakra arms and attaches himself to Minato with one, and attaches himself to Sasuke with the other so they could all Hiraishin due to the Thunder God Marking on Obito disappearing.
    It also seems like Kishimoto is really starting to press on us, chapter by chapter that Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry is growing stronger by the passing time: First Naruto saved Sasuke, the vise versa, and it's an ongoing cycle, they're also being praised by Minato for thinking analytically in tough situations, as shown by Sasuke not realizing why the survived until after Naruto made a move to save them.

So the theme of this chapter is basically Obito's will to control the Juubi finally reaching up to full potential. In this image, the Juubi (still in control of Obito's movements) is making a last ditch effort to try to finish off it's prey (again...), but then it fails because Obito's will to control throws it's aim off course and it's redirected just about right between Naruto, Sasuke, Minato, and Obito, the middle of their field of battle.
    Minato sets up his 'Rasen Senkou Chourinbu Kousanshiki' by throwing his special Kunai to his desired locations. And then we get a brief flash back of Obito's Ninja team when he, Kakashi and Rin were younger. Kishimoto uses this images to symbolize Obito trying to maintain who he is as a person, while inside that mass of Natural raw chakra that is, the Juubi, he's bound in what seems to be the Juubi's will manifested to look like a wood of some sort. When parts of the image start to break apart, Obito's body breaks apart, it does so in synchronization. And when Obito finally "stitches" himself back together he regains consciousness of who he is, which brings me to our next panel...The:

BEST PANEL

Now that Obito has regained consciousness and is now fully in control of the Juubi's power he has become a pure Jinchuuriki, which can be seen by the ring of Tomoe around his neck which resemble the Sage of Six Paths whole outlook (first noticed back when Naruto first gained control of Kurama's chakra and we saw his chakra shroud). We finally get to see the Sage of Six Paths staff. We must remember that Obito is an incomplete Sage of the Six Paths and it's the reason why he looks the way he looks in either of his Jinchuuriki forms.

Spoiler show

Long story short, Minato tries to attack Obito, but Obito stops it with his staff and cuts off Minato's Edo Tensei Arm. One thing to take note of is Sasuke's statement: "Naruto, get ready!" It seems Kishimoto is trying to dwindle down the amount of fighters that are protecting Naruto and Sasuke, in doing so it kind of seems like in the end he's going to make Obito, make them, end up resorting to their biggest Jutsu's and powers once Edo Minato is defeated

We end up with another cliffhanger where Naruto, Sasuke may end up dying again. It seems Obito uses the same technique that the Juubi made Obito use as a last ditch effort earlier in the chapter:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

...and that technique sure does a lot of damage. It was even noted by Gamakichi that they would of died if it wasn't for Obito's struggle for control at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    was one of those chapters I liked more after rereading it than I did initially.
    I'm going to have to say Naruto Chapter 640 felt like that for me. All in all Finally is one of those chapters that you get to see Kishimoto's creativity. Especially in the use of the Image, correlating to all of Obito's body parts being ripped apart. Obito's new look sure looked powerful in it's own way, and I can't wait to see what he's going to do with that Staff, (if it's his own staff or it's actually the same staff Rikudou Sennin held).

So I'll be giving Naruto 640...my first...

5 out of 5

Predictions

With all of these cliffhangers I keep expecting Kishimoto to use them to bring in a new fighter, like the 5 current Kage, or Orochimaru and the others. Also I'm a little disappointed to see Naruto and Sasuke come out of that scruff with Obito at the beginning, without at least getting a scratch on them, but Kishi gave a good explanation to them surviving so I'll just let that pass.

Also Kakashi has yet to exit the Kamui dimension. He's probably in there just sittin' down reading his 'Icha Icha Paradise':

It's kind of tough to predict these chapters because Obito's power is kind of unpredictable right now...Hiruzen recently analyzed Juubito's abilities but everythings different now because Obito's finally the one in control.

- I believe we'll get to see more of Hashirama and Madara next Chapter
    - This cliffhanger may introduce a new fighter, i.e. Orochimaru hopefully
    - There has to be some limit to Obito's techniques, some way to defeat him, so I'm waiting for a little panel of insight into that.
    - Minato may be defeated and Sasuke and Naruto have to fend for themselves.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your day.

Link to Naruto Chapter: Naruto Chapter 640: Finally

Last edited by narutotheory; July 24, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NarutoTheory Reviews Naruto Chapter 640: Finally!

So you become a sage when you are a jinchuuriki? Or was the sage a sage before that? And if not, how was he strong enough to take over the juubi? Did he get two staffs after becoming a jinchuuriki since Tobi got one? I don't get this mechanism. I don't know how to rate this one.
    Good review though
    Meh

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    So you become a sage when you are a jinchuuriki? Or was the sage a sage before that? And if not, how was he strong enough to take over the juubi? Did he get two staffs after becoming a jinchuuriki since Tobi got one? I don't get this mechanism. I don't know how to rate this one.
    Good review though
    The way I see it is, being a Sage is all about controlling Natural Energy. So since the Juubi is the largest mass of Natural Energy; when Obito finally gains control over that mass of chakra he becomes a 'Sage' in the aspect because he's finally able to control natural energy. So he is 'Sage Jinchuuriki' in this new aspect, maybe we'll call him "Juubito Sennin" from now on.

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling kakashi will show up and kamui that juubi bomb...I see no other way for naruto/sasuke to escape that blast
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling,
    The reason Naruto and Obito Both Look like the sage of the six path when they finaly took over their Bijuus is because they both have Blood From the Sage of the six paths.

Cause Killer bee and the other Jinchurikki didnt look anything like Naruto and Obito when they took control. Now we know why. If sasuke was also a jinchuriki he would have looked similar to Naruto and Obito. Since he is an Uchiha and has blood ties to Sage of the six paths.

The Uzumaki Clan are distant Relatives also making them Descendant of the Sage.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Can sasuke hug naruto and use susano . They dont need to worry about minato
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

New Reply