Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach-The Dagger

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach-The Dagger

Wait what? I'm so confused. What exactly is this dagger business?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    The Dagger is a series of pages that are being released in Japan (I'm really annoyed we aren't getting them in Shonen Jump Alpha here!), that recap the Thousand Year Blood War so far. Not much if any new info is given, but there are pictures and descriptions of what happened related to those characters. Kubo is releasing these to 'take up space until he returns in September with new chapters. Bleach Asylum has updated info on this, so you can look there for Dagger #1 and #2 now. #3 should be up today or tomorrow.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard there will be new information in the next dagger 'release'.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

what's the point of this "Dagger" thing?. Enough with the bullcrap already, just work on your writing skills, Kubo and focus on delivering a good story from here on out. That will sell itself if, done right.

@freshseth83, i seriously doubt any "new" information will be released, just to get you excited for the chapter release in September. Then afterwards, another weekly break to follow and don't forget Golden Week isn't too far from now. So, to sum it up, how much is really going to happen between Sept. 9 and golden week (december)...?.

Most like a bunch of fan service involving Hitsugaya, Aizen's return and maybe, just maybe, will finally get to see the Soul King or at least see him speaking to Ichigo.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is another installment to be released, so the information will be interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it shows us a better understanding of how Ishida joined Bach. I THINK HE'S A SPY, who's in it to maximize his quincy powers and get intel. Him and Ichigo should team up to kick ass in this last fight. Haha with Aizen being freed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    They are extra releases included in the WSJ Magazine while Kubo is on holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I heard there will be new information in the next dagger 'release'.
    At the end of the latest instalment of The Dagger, it states that: In the next issue, the many truths and mysteries of Millennium Blood War Arc have been revealed, largely explaining them!

I do not think we will be receiving any "new" information, just an elaboration on the previous reveals in this arc since these releases are recollecting the Millennium Blood War Arc thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    what's the point of this "Dagger" thing?. Enough with the bullcrap already, just work on your writing skills, Kubo and focus on delivering a good story from here on out. That will sell itself if, done right.

@freshseth83, i seriously doubt any "new" information will be released, just to get you excited for the chapter release in September. Then afterwards, another weekly break to follow and don't forget Golden Week isn't too far from now. So, to sum it up, how much is really going to happen between Sept. 9 and golden week (december)...?.

Most like a bunch of fan service involving Hitsugaya, Aizen's return and maybe, just maybe, will finally get to see the Soul King or at least see him speaking to Ichigo.
    The point of The Dagger, is to recapitulate the Millennium Blood War Arc while Kubo is on holidays, this is probably to keep fans in the know before the Grand Finale of the Arc begins in a few weeks.

Golden week has already past, that started April 29[sup]th[/sup] and ended May 5[sup]th[/sup]. Maybe you were thinking of Obon? That was the other day, hence why WSJ was on break and there was no Big 3 update last week.

Instead of inciting your own disappointment, how about you wait until you actually read the chapters first before being displeased...? Without further ado, here is the translations of WSJ Issue #37 and #38's release of The Dagger.

Credits to Minerva, Andygoesrawr and Herakles from Bleach Asylum.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hercules; August 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Inciting my own disappointment huh... Hmm well I'm so disappointed in your inability to respect my opinion based off facts.
    anyways...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff that we already know but there's other info in these that we didn't know... Is it seriously confirming keeras death?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Inciting my own disappointment huh... Hmm well I'm so disappointed in your inability to respect my opinion based off facts.
    anyways...
    In no way was that comment directed at you, hence why my response was placed under another user's quoted text and no, your opinions are not facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudo View Post
    Interesting stuff that we already know but there's other info in these that we didn't know... Is it seriously confirming keeras death?
    This is not any more confirmation on Kira's "death" than we have received in the manga thus far, if you read over Chapter 495, you will see how the entire statement regarding Rose's anger and grief is reflecting that of NaNaNa and Rose's conversation about Kira.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    In no way was that comment directed at you, hence why my response was placed under another user's quoted text and no, your opinions are not facts.
    This is not any more confirmation on Kira's "death" than we have received in the manga thus far, if you read over Chapter 495, you will see how the entire statement regarding Rose's anger and grief is reflecting that of NaNaNa and Rose's conversation about Kira.
    My opinions are based off facts. The word "reveal" means to uncover something. Therefor new 'revelations' will be in the future dagger releases. And btw cloudo asked a question about Kira being dead. Not everyone is a linguist or translator. Thats why there is confusion about situations like Kira's.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinions are based off facts. The word "reveal" means to uncover something. Therefor new 'revelations' will be in the future dagger releases. And btw cloudo asked a question about Kira being dead. Not everyone is a linguist or translator. Thats why there is confusion about situations like Kira's.
    Yes, but these revelations are "recollections" of the Millennium Blood War Arc written by Kubo's editors, not Kubo himself. The Dagger has essentially (over)-used the word "reveal" numerous times in reflection to information that we already know. Us fans have not really received anything new as it is, whether or not this week's issue will change that, I cannot say... Assuming The Dagger is still recollecting though, I think it is more so referring to things that have been the many truths and mysteries of this arc; Unohana as the First Kenpachi, Everything but the Rain, Isshin Shiba, so on so forth, Old Man Zangetsu etc.

The statement translates as followed:

副隊長のイジルとは良好な関係を築いていたようで、彼の死を嘆き怒りを燃やした。
    Vice Captain Izuru with favourable relationship built it seems and that guy of death grief and anger was burnt.

It seems Rose has built a favourable relationship with Vice Captain Izuru, and he is burnt by grief and anger over Kira's death.

It is hardly any more confirmation than we already have in the manga, particularly when NaNaNa pushed the issue of Kira actually being dead to Rose and the fact that he demonstrated both sadness and anger in those few pages at the start of Chapter 495.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a new dagger out on bleachasylum.com

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Credits to Nick, Andygoesrawr and Herakles from Bleach Aslyum.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hercules; August 29, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a million Herc.

I believe I saw the words "separation arc" in there. Thats a heavy title, it makes believe even further that the Gotei 13 are about to be squashed. The shinigami are completly alone in Quincy city.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast