Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Battle of the B list- semi finals

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Battle of the B list- semi finals

5 teams of B list character duke it out to be the strongest of the B list.
    Scenario: Arlong had grew his empire in East Blue and employed famous villains close-by in his world conquest. The World government had caught on and send 3 members of the CP9 and an apprentice to assassinate Arlong. Blueno is to standby unless things get out of hand. Arlong, however, is informed by Nezumi that the CP9 is coming for him. Unknown of their strength but had hear rumor about the CP9 during his days as a member of the Sun Pirates. Arlong assembled his officers and layout a trap/ambush for the CP9 at Arlong Park.

Arlong's Empire- Arlong, Krieg, Kuro, Wapol, Gin, Foxy, and Hachi
    *condition, Foxy can trick people that are dumber than him into advantage ground but wouldn't work if someone is smarter than himself. This advantage is inside of Arlong Park, where he had get up all of his traps. Wapol has his fill of weapons.

vs

Team Darker than Black- Nero, Kalifa, Fukuro, Kumadori
    *Blueno initially is not present. Though he is on his way to help them.

Who will came out on top???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle of the B list- semi finals

Honestly, I'd go with Team Darker than Black. Even if the CP9 fodder weren't that strong, they still have Soru - and think about how much the Straw hats have grown since Luffy beat the Empire. Hell, I don't even remember all of the Empire ones, but CP9 should still overpower them with speed and devil fruits...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nero and Kalifa- are not physically stronger than Arlong. Arlong should be able to kill Nero with some difficulty. Even Krieg should put up a good fight against Nero.
    Though Fukuro and Kumadori are the more dangerous one of the bunch because they are more rounded. But they maybe at a disadvantage in the water against the fishmen.

If I was Arlong, the match would be.

Krieg vs Nero (Krieg has some chance of winning)

Arlong vs Fukuro (very close but Arlong is at Arlong Park)

Gin and Wapoll vs Kalifa (Wapol with a range attack, best is to stall time until one of the other match finished and help them out)

Foxy, Hachi, and Kuro vs Kumadori (Kumadori may kill them all, so if they are smart, they will stall for time as long as possible. Though Foxy's abilities may come in handy)

Whoever left regroup and fight Blueno.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; July 30, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Nero and Kalifa- are not physically stronger than Arlong. Arlong should be able to kill Nero with some difficulty. Even Krieg should put up a good fight against Nero.
    Though Fukuro and Kumadori are the more dangerous one of the bunch because they are more rounded. But they maybe at a disadvantage in the water against the fishmen.

If I was Arlong, the match would be.

Krieg vs Nero (Krieg has some chance of winning)

Arlong vs Fukuro (very close but Arlong is at Arlong Park)

Gin and Wapoll vs Kalifa (Wapol with a range attack, best is to stall time until one of the other match finished and help them out)

Foxy, Hachi, and Kuro vs Kumadori (Kumadori may kill them all, so if they are smart, they will stall for time as long as possible. Though Foxy's abilities may come in handy)

Whoever left regroup and fight Blueno.
    Rememember all the CP9 have Rokushiki - they can move instantly, do the finger stab, can tank some pretty serious blows, can use Kamui-e to dodge moves like a piece of paper floating, can do the giant air blade and can fly.

The close combat people like Arlong and Gin will be useless if the opponents just fly off or dodge all their attacks - even Nero, by far the weakest, was taken out by a Franky that wasn't far off Water 9 Luffy's level. Kudamori was only defeated by Monster Form Chopper. Fukuro was near impossibly fast.

Fukuro can just vanish as soon as Arlong comes close - Arlong has never properly been shown to be able to fight anyone fast, and his raw power strategy doesn't really matter if Fukuro will just teleport/avoid it using Rukoshiki.

Kalifa has her soap shield, bubbles to wash out anyone that gets close, and can kick pretty damn well - she wasn't that much below Sanji, when Sanji was far stronger than his fight with Gin.

CP9's abilities are seriously powerful, and it takes people with speed, power and versatility to beat them. The opposing team had power - Kreig and Arlong are pretty powerful - but the CP9 can dodge all but the most powerful attacks using one of their powers. Kuro has the speed to match Soru, and in fact is the only one that can keep up - however he has no control over what he does at the speed he's moving at other than slashing, whereas the CP9 can use their powers together to crush their opponents.

I don't like the 'speedblitz' argument, but the CP9's speed is so, so much above anything anyone here has fought that it's not even a contest...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the speed blitz argument either. Zoro who showed to be inferior in speed while battling Kaku but he can predict and act accordingly to block some of Kaku's attack except for Kaku's massive spam attacks. Sanji overwhelmed Jabra. Even when Jabra used soru he just ran right into Sanji's kick (though Sanji's speed is just faster than most of the CP9's base speed (w/o Soru) beside said Lucci).

CP9 group may have this in the bag. But Arlong's physical strength is up there among the weaker cp9. Gin is not too shabby with his reaction speed. And Krieg still has his poison bomb.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; August 06, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

If Foxy slows down the weaker CP9 members and only those guys with his Devil Fruit, and then Arlong, Wapol, Kuro and Hachi just arrive delivering melees of hits before they speed back up, then its an obvious win.

CP9 can't win this one.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, Foxy wins this for the underdogs. Foxy's ability is pretty ridiculous, and would be immensely useful against a group of opponents with superior speed. He bring CP9 to a halt, and his teammates annihilate them. If Foxy wasn't such a joke, he'd be a major threat to most fighters, particularly when he has backup.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So is the score 2 against 1 as of now?? Arguments had been presented for both sides. Is anybody changing their mind??

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not - the abilities, speed and power of the base CP9 (not taking into account special abilities) seems to far surpass that of the others. Foxy is the key, and I can't see him keeping up with Soru and the power of the CP9...

Epic Brofist!

New Reply