Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: A Battle Between the 3 Disciples

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

A Battle Between the 3 Disciples

Do you guys think it's coming, a battle between the 3 disciples of Acacia? What are some opinions on the subject. I mean with this newly released Ch. 243 and Jirou knocking the world with a small description of his past, how do you expect Ichryu's and Midora's powers to be? Plus WHO WOULD BE THE WINNER?

Team Coco ftw

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Battle Between the 3 Disciples

I don't think Jirou would fight any of the two other disciples. His opponent is Joa which makes it just right because if he takes anyone's side, that would be too much advantage. If he create his own side, he'd be the one in disadvantage because he doesn't have allies. Unless he joins NEO.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good point... How about in the event, just hypothetically saying, IF ever they were to engage in a fight though. What would you expect from that?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, at the moment we know more about Jirou than the other two because of a very important fact introduced in the last chapter. The 3 disciples were established powerhouses BEFORE becoming disciples of Acacia, at least in Jirou's case. That's likely the reason the 3 were chosen, they were not adopted children like the 4 kings. Jirou was known for his ridiculous power, that was replaced with a slightly lower power alongside knocking mastery. Without knowing the backgrounds of Midora and Ichiryuu and their real specialties, it's kind of hard to say how they would matchup generally, however I really do feel that Midora would likely have an edge over any one of the others simply due to the fact that he appears to be the youngest and appears to have never entered anything close to retirement. He's still been improving all of this time, while the other two have been screwing around for the most part until they actually realized that someone is going to need to oppose the Bishokukai lol. Neo as well. I don't think Midora could hope to defeat a double team of the other two though, if he could then that would just open up too much of a power gap.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not think about it like that. Thankyou Mr. President

This makes the fight even more anticipated!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Do you guys think it's coming, a battle between the 3 disciples of Acacia? What are some opinions on the subject. I mean with this newly released Ch. 243 and Jirou knocking the world with a small description of his past, how do you expect Ichryu's and Midora's powers to be? Plus WHO WOULD BE THE WINNER?

Team Coco ftw

If they go ALL OUT from the start. Ichiryu would win. As you can see from the Manga Ichiryu seems to be toying with Midora at the beginning. If he catches midora off guard right at the start, midora would prob be dead now.

Underestimating opponent is the num 1 mistakes in MOST MOVIES/MANGA/BOOKS/ANIME/REAL LIFE Competition to date.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But plot armor and plot induced stupidity are the number one weaknesses of protagonists and antagonists alike. Midora is starting this fight with adamantium plot armor, since we know he wins already. The question is how, since Ichiryuu is overwhelming and hasn't even really fought back yet. It's a fight based on some sort of principle of minorities within themselves, and Ichiryuu mentioned that Midora's are holding him back. If Midora wins this fight, it is because he not only overcomes this weakness but also manages to pass that weakness onto Ichiryuu. Even though these two are fellow disciples of Acacia, doesn't it almost seem like this is a fight between a bitter disciple and his old master? In such a case the master still harbors positive feelings towards the disciple no matter what and respects his growth while perhaps hoping to beat some sense into him, so therefore Ichiryuu may be at the one point in his life when that minority within him is at it's greatest disarray. I wonder if he has it in him to deal a death blow without hesitation, I think he wants to give Midora one last chance and Midora will ruthlessly take advantage of that.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha well the tables have turned and Ichiryu looks to be in some major trouble now.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, not always the one who is the strongest wins. Especially when we consider plot induced stupidity. It was clearly shown that Ichiryu was superior by far and if he wasn't so carefree he would have already killed Midora without explaining his own power and especially, when Midora was parallized due to Minority World.

Now, when Ichiryu lost his hand, it would be different. But when Joa told everyone that Midora won in a fight against Ichiryu, Jirou was surprised. I think the three of them know more or less who are the strongest among them. And it seems that Midora is actually the weakest, while Ichiryu seems the strongest. At the same time as I said before, not always the strongest wins. So obviously Midora has the chances to win against any of the other two, but his chances under normal conditions are small and revolve mostly around Ichiryu's and Jirou's carefree personalities and their attitude towards him, since he was their so-called little brother.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mas2001's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jirou is weaker then whe want too believe. Okee he pulled of some nice flashy powerfull abilities. But Jirou power is pure raw power. Not as refind or technical as Ichi or Midora abilities. He is for me more like Zebra. Joa also said that, in the past, because the "Gourmet God" himself feared Jirou's might, he sealed off a part of his strength to teach him technique. The studs on Jirou face/body are connected too Acacia sealing. The young one did not have any of those

So for me it's Ichiryu - Midora - Jirou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wouldn't be surprised if their power (formerly) went in the order of when they were taught. As of now though, I think Midora is the strongest, which would make sense seeing as he is the youngest and most likely held the most potential.

Minority World it's just plain old hax, but we've seen Midora exploit a weak point in it and mount a counter attack with his own hax. Would Jirou be able to do the same? Would his body even react the same way? Does he have a Knocking so delicate that it could affect atoms?

Jirou is most likely physically the strongest of the 3, even with his "sealed" strength. Plus his Knocking is pretty damn quick and effective. Could Ichiryuu and Midora stand up to his blows? And if they do, would they be able to stand up to his Knocking? What would happen if he used Grand Knocking on one of them? And what of Guinness Punch? Joa had to activate his/her Gourmet Cells to disperse it.

Hungry Tongue is pretty strong, but we've seen Ichiryuu counter it with Minority World, but would Jirou be fast enough to dodge it? And what of Hungry Space...well...we don't know about Hungry Space so I can't ask a question about.

Ichiryuu would most likely win, maybe comfortably, maybe with some difficulty. I don't know. Depends if they manage to counter Minority World in this hypothetical. If he explains it, it won't be easy and he might even lose. If he doesn't, he could probably take it.
    Last edited by eefrit; September 13, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I really wouldn't be surprised if their power (formerly) went in the order of when they were taught. As of now though, I think Midora is the strongest, which would make sense seeing as he is the youngest and most likely held the most potential.

Minority World it's just plain old hax, but we've seen Midora exploit a weak point in it and mount a counter attack with his own hax. Would Jirou be able to do the same? Would his body even react the same way? Does he have a Knocking so delicate that it could affect atoms?

Jirou is most likely physically the strongest of the 3, even with his "sealed" strength. Plus his Knocking is pretty damn quick and effective. Could Ichiryuu and Midora stand up to his blows? And if they do, would they be able to stand up to his Knocking? What would happen if he used Grand Knocking on one of them? And what of Guinness Punch? Joa had to activate his/her Gourmet Cells to disperse it.

Hungry Tongue is pretty strong, but we've seen Ichiryuu counter it with Minority World, but would Jirou be fast enough to dodge it? And what of Hungry Space...well...we don't know about Hungry Space so I can't ask a question about.

Ichiryuu would most likely win, maybe comfortably, maybe with some difficulty. I don't know. Depends if they manage to counter Minority World in this hypothetical. If he explains it, it won't be easy and he might even lose. If he doesn't, he could probably take it.
    Just a question, in minority world, the minority of a current situtation takes control right? So in Midoras case, since his chances of winning was the minority, he would die? And since he hurt his self his chances of survival were the minority so he lived? It's like the opposite of that current situtation takes place. And Midoras hunger world probably just eats them all.

Jiro's strength could probably take them both on. That star punch he did was just vicious, the only reason Joa blocked it was because of that knife no doubt!!!

And i bet you Jiro's world is going to be drunk world. haha if your in it your shit face wasted. And if you come in wasted then your going to pass out indefinitly. No one can beat that unless they have insomina.

New Reply