Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 244 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 244 Spoiler thread

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    If Jirou was holding his power for the sake of those in the island, then he shouldn't have created the tsunami.
    Can't you just accept that Joa is really strong?
    lol.. exactly...

Again, if Jirou was holding power, he did not have to make a combination attack with his partner, he can just attack himself or wait for his partner's attack to finish and do his own attack. A combination attack's purpose is to make the attack stronger; which I am sure they used a lot during their adventure as a combo.

Not to mention, Joa is obviously pure evil along with the fact that Joa looks like his master's partner. Why would Jirou hold back his power against such an opponent?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    Most likely their combination attack isnt at full power because there are many chefs around and they could be killed by their attack so Joa is able to defend, we wont see their true power until GW where they can destroy suroundings.
    How many excuses are you going to come up with before you admit that Joa isn't weak? Jirou knocked the entire WORLD, was that him holding back? A raw chapter would help right now, but even without it we know that Jirou is not going to put himself in danger and let Joa get the upper hand just to protect those around him. The mastermind is right there in front of everyone, letting him escape or win is an infinitely more dangerous scenario.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joa is a monster...it seems like he is the real Frohze and seem like he and Acacia were not as tight as everyone belived. One good thing will come out of this arc. Knocking master will not be a drunk any more and become 0th biotype

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

got the raw

just two pics for you here: http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=54827695

sorry i have no time today...

anyway, the spoiler of redon is confirmed
    Last edited by Juin Jutsu Team; July 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when they went to the gourmet temple for the first time, which was basically a shrine to all things Acacia. There was a disturbing lack of Frohze, someone whose role in preparing Acacia's full course should have been at least honored! Ever since then it always seemed like history kind of...forgot him but does at least note him as someone who existed lol. Pretty much, Frohze is a god without a religion, while Acacia has 9 billion followers.

And that last panel: the best (present) of the bishokukai, Neo, and Igo side all together. But what an odd match-up of Joa and Star.
    Last edited by obamamania; July 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont agree with the idea of Jirou holding back to protect everyone around him. But I dont believe thats all Jirou got. He is surprised for sure. But he wont go down without a fight. At the very least, even if Jirou is gonna die in this arc, he will fatally wound Joa to force him/her to retreat and save everyone lives.

And I dont get the author's intention of putting Star against Joa. Star, being totally exhausted and badly injured from his fight against Toriko, is not gonna put up a good fight against Joa. Heck, even in his best condition Star is nowhere near Joa's level.

If Jirou die and Ichiryu hear of the news of his death, I bet he gonna laugh and say 'thats what you got from being a drunkard all these decades. If he was on his prime, he could beat his opponent etc" then turned his back on and shed a bit of tears.
    Last edited by wargreymon; July 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to join the bandwagon of people who think that what we're witnessing is the precise reason that Center was sealed away by Acacia. Even if this is Frohze, obviously something is up with her body.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Virys; July 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

nooo matsu..... why did you help starjuan?? whoever said chefs are meant to fight can kiss joa's ass.. I have been telling joa is strong.. and if she is really frohze then something went wrong with revival process by center. and coco can't die and early spoiler is wrong.. but I really wanna see whats up with coco...anyways I want to read this chapter in english....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.Chapter looks really nice.It makes me think that Joa is Frohze's inner beast that took control over her.
    If thats the case, its gonna be interesting given how Starjun just fought Toriko's inner beast that materialized into real world.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions like what dark technique that starjun used to heal himself and did Komatsu also use a dark technique with his knife to heal the near death Toriko. As for why everyone wants Komatsu, I think it might be his food luck because Starjun said something about his bad food luck in the past.

Man, theres a lot of possibilities of whats gonna happen, but I hope that Komatsu isnt taken away.No "rescuing Komatsu arc" please. T_T
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate Komatsu. dont believe that he couldnt do anything with star. Jirou is monster andhe 99% is not showing everything

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Joa is strong, but still belive that jirou is stronger. You can see at Jirou's face first panel from join attack that he is smilling and after that he had casual face expresion. First of all when Jirou knocked whole world he was pissed off because Joa used Tepei to attack him, now he is more stable. Joa's attack isn't anithing special, even Toriko with his leg knife would be able to cut it. I think that even Starjun who is near death can protect Komatsu or at least drop him down to Setsuno.
    It would be stupid if Komatsu went with NEO or Bishokukai because who would then cock for Toriko. Setsuno is too old , only one who could cock for him is desciple of Setsuno.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope Jirou activates some type of beast mode and injures Star and his flying eel monster.. Only because I love Komatsu and its STUPID the way he's in the hands of Star now. WTF! COMMON JIROU. AND SCREW THIS ONE WEEK WAITING PERIOD. PMS MODE ACTIVATE.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamatsu is a genius cook but it irritates me that we see so many chefs that are beastly fighters and kamatsu runs away scream toriko-san all the time. I not asking for him to be able to beat starjun...just put up some kind of fight. Kamatsu should havw been able to finish off starjun and he wouldn't be in this situation

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Kamatsu is a genius cook but it irritates me that we see so many chefs that are beastly fighters and kamatsu runs away scream toriko-san all the time. I not asking for him to be able to beat starjun...just put up some kind of fight. Kamatsu should havw been able to finish off starjun and he wouldn't be in this situation
    Especially when he knows that even if he fails with killing Starjun , he wont be hurt because he wonts him alive

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast