Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 244 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 244 Spoiler thread

It seems that we will have another epic chapter this week
    . The meeting between Star and Joa intrigues me; can't wait to see how the situation will develop.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pheww. Lucky the first spoiler was fake. Coco should still be alive. By the way, is it me, or is the big hole where Coco and Grinpatch fought, is still gonna play an important role in all of this. Well, let's see.

To the real spoiler:

Hmm, that was merely a standard attack by Jirou. Nowhere near full power. Maybe that was like a Kugi Punch for Toriko. Remember, Jirou used Knocking on himself when he was in Gourmet World to protect Toriko and he scared the Tiger and Gorilla away. He isn't even in that giant mode yet.

Nevertheless Joa's attack was quite impressive. He stopped a tsunami ten times the size or bigger than the waterfall Sani and Toriko faced back then. I wonder what would Jirou have done if Joa didn't jumped up and cut those waves. Maybe screamed at the tsunami and stopped the waves from breaking? Now that would have been impressive. Anyway.

To Starjun. I don't like it. This dark technique is too convenient. Half of his torso should be gone. He should be walking around with a friggin' hole in his body. Now he is posing around like it's nothing, while carrying Komatsu. And even smirked at Joa. I wonder what he says to him. Hope there won't be a fight between Joa and Starjun. Give Star a rest already.

We can't expect epicness of Jirou every chapter but I hope we can see more of him in the next.

Oh, the long haired character looks like the Frohze silhouette we've seen before, when they referred to Frohze. Waiting for the translation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want Komatsu to be captured at all. But now he might be captured by Joa/Frohze? I'm completely against that. I almost want to say it can't happen. If Joa, who is clearly about the strongest character that we've seen in action, manages to take him away, who is gonna go get him? I'll comment more after the translation but I'm interested in seeing how the author plays this out.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    If Starjun is ready to fight then he is not a NEO member. This is why I said Kamatsu has to be able to defend himself. He should have been able to take out starjun when he was in that condition. So disappointed in Kamatatsu. Its seems like Frohze is the real thing. If kamatsu is kidnap it would make sense. Every good m anga has a rescue arc. Either way the IGO has taken a serious blow this arc and it will be even more so if kamatatsu is kidnapped
    I agree Kamatsu doesnt need to learn how to fight but needs to learn defense. He's just going to keep messing up things if he doesnt learn how to defend himself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Joa is a monster...it seems like he is the real Frohze and seem like he and Acacia were not as tight as everyone belived. One good thing will come out of this arc. Knocking master will not be a drunk any more and become 0th biotype
    I doubt he joins 0th biotype. Why would he listen to anybody when he's free like the wind most of the time.

Now that i think about it did they ever say how Star got his scar? I wonder if Joa responsible for it maybe not though.
    Last edited by bonifide; July 31, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How come I was thinking the twist is that Star's with Neo . Anyone else??

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    I agree Kamatsu doesnt need to learn how to fight but needs to learn defense. He's just going to keep messing up things if he doesnt learn how to defend himself soon.

I doubt he joins 0th biotype. Why would he listen to anybody when he's free like the wind most of the time.

Now that i think about it did they ever say how Star got his scar? I wonder if Joa responsible for it maybe not though.
    that looks more like a burn than a scar. probably has to do with his "fire powers" theme...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post

He will join )th biotype because he knows he will be needed, especially sense an unknown organization has started to move. He still will do his own thing before he has ichryuu's back.

He will not be the old drunk we have seen thus far.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    How many excuses are you going to come up with before you admit that Joa isn't weak? Jirou knocked the entire WORLD, was that him holding back? A raw chapter would help right now, but even without it we know that Jirou is not going to put himself in danger and let Joa get the upper hand just to protect those around him. The mastermind is right there in front of everyone, letting him escape or win is an infinitely more dangerous scenario.

Just sayin' here, that Jirou doesn't look too concerned after Joa/Frohze blocked his attack. He looks more like "Oh my, so THAT didn't do it" in my opinion.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Joa: Please hand over Komatasu
    Starjun: As a top chef within Bishokukai, I cannot hand over such an important chef to you. I already know that Bishokukai have spies working for you since the ''Jewel Meat'' arc.
    Joa: Hand him over, NOW
    Starjun:I will not hand him over

245:
    Starjun: Just kidding here you go!
    Joa: ........

On a serious note. Jirou did not ask who Joa is, but ask ''WHAT'' Joa is implying that he is not Human. Maybe an alien from Gourmet space, or Nitro King, another intelligent life form on earth, or maybe Joa was human, and turned inhuman somehow. Setsuno confirmed in this chapter that Fronhze-sama is Dead, and Joa cannot be Fronhze.

Also would like to add that ALL of Joa's Techniques that he mentioned in this chapter are ''God'' level cooking techniques. The one he used to cut to tidal wave is God's kitchen technique, and the one he used to deflect Jirou/Setsu combo attack is called Devil's smth cut..

For those of you who think Jirou punch is not full power.. it really doesn't matter because it is a COMBO attack with Setsu which will Multiply attack power by xx amount. Remember Toriko x Sunny combo attack. So from everything we see, we can deduce that Joa is more powerful than Jirou. (His comment on how Jirou is a drunkard, whether a member of Neo will be a match for him, and now deflecting his combo attack with relative ease). Would say JOA is currently the STRONGEST character we have seen in this manga so far.. Alive. ALSO ANOTHER Note - Jirou Sent Gourmet Cells Energy like the one Four HKS used to beat four beast

Also Jirou and Setsu are wondering if there are anyone who already have ate Acacia's full course menu already...

Also if even STARJUN knows of Neo spies within Bishokukai - i think there's 0 chance that Ichiryu has no idea Neo have spies in IGO.
    Last edited by nfinitfx; July 31, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I never once doubted that the president knew about the spies in his crew, like there was way too many for him not to know.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

The fave of frohze with the tiny teeth/spikes around the mouth is really Nitro-ish, so that gets me seriously thinking about the whole Nitro king/champion/elder being Joa idea. It really fits into the amount of hype Nitro got so far - would be a shame if all the hype ended by "couldnt scratch Zebra, oneshotted by Joa".

Also Starjun is being hell of confident standing up among Joa and Jirou, who are expected to want to rescue Komatsu - smells like Bishokukai reinforcements ala Midora are on the way. Would be a good end to the chapter too - standoff between Joa, Jirou and Midora.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Joa can potentially be a Top Nitro

Regarding this part - Toriko's inner beast have asked Toriko to bring him Acacia's full course so he can fully control it

Her "Gourmet Cells" showed themselves, looks like...
    She's completely mastered the power of her cells...
    Which means...
    she's eaten "Acacia-sama's" "Full Course".

On Jirou's technique - I think his wolf punch can really consume an entire planet...

Jirou: Go ahead 'n rise enough ta eat stars.
    Shourou!!
    Guinness Punch!!!!
    T/N: Shourou = Rising Wolf

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xyel View Post
    The fave of frohze with the tiny teeth/spikes around the mouth is really Nitro-ish, so that gets me seriously thinking about the whole Nitro king/champion/elder being Joa idea. It really fits into the amount of hype Nitro got so far - would be a shame if all the hype ended by "couldnt scratch Zebra, oneshotted by Joa".

Also Starjun is being hell of confident standing up among Joa and Jirou, who are expected to want to rescue Komatsu - smells like Bishokukai reinforcements ala Midora are on the way. Would be a good end to the chapter too - standoff between Joa, Jirou and Midora.
    From the translation it's interesting to note that Starjun is number 2 in power in Bishokukai... if so that's kinda dissapointing. Sure this dude must be stronger than starjun http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Dores He must mean num 2 amongst all the chefs..
    Last edited by nfinitfx; July 31, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfinitfx View Post
    From the translation it's interesting to note that Starjun is number 2 in power in Bishokukai... if so that's kinda dissapointing. Sure this dude must be stronger than starjun http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Dores He must mean num 2 amongst all the chefs..
    I thought it was number 2 in Bishokukai on the island (with Midora making his entrance with the end-of-chapter thunder) - making starjun n2 in power in bishokukai would effectively eliminate them as a relevant side since he isnt that strong (not Setsuno level)... or he is, then HKs are absolute beasts and Igo still stands strong enough to fight off Bishokukai + Neo.
    Last edited by Xyel; July 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joa is still Joa, that's why I never called him Frohze. Setsu is right, Frohze did die and Joa does appear to be a wolf in sheep's clothing even though it's the most badass sheep in the world. I'm a bit bothered by the Star comment though. It always seemed like he was above everyone in terms of power, including probably Dores, but now that he's gone all out versus Toriko it kind tarnishes anything the bishokukai has to offer next time they appear. Toriko isn't going to go from Star to Midora, and it would be stupid for him to fight anyone else since Star is his destined fight as long as he lives.

Oh, and to the Joa hater(s), how can you NOT see how interesting Joa and Neo are at this point? He may be a able to challenge Jirou, but that's not the point here. Joa just took a double attack from the two of them and brushed it off without damage and he even avoided the worldwide knocking. Whatever Joa is, he deserves a hell of a lot of credit right now and Star had no idea what he's dealing with.
    Last edited by obamamania; July 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast