Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 244 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 244 Spoiler thread

Yeah, it's probably Midora. Star looks quite confident as the thunder grows, and I can't see how anyone else could pose a serious threat to Joa besides Ichiryu and Midora.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well if Star's number 2 in terms of power, he really cant have shown all his strength. I think the whole roaring might be Zebra getting seriously pissed the fuck off. He got owned by Teppei, and now Komatsus getting taken away right in front of him. Well I thought Joa was weaker than jirou but it looks like he might be able to give jirou a lot of trouble. Or, hes actually stronger

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I understood the "roaring" as Starjun getting serious and getting ready to fight Joa. If you pay attention to his eyes, he never had that look in his fight with Toriko. He's not smirking, he's not grinning, he is dead serious. He's just been named #2 in Bishokukai (if that's the literal meaning) and maybe author wants to show us immediately why that's the case. He sure wouldn't just fly to the stadium to get slaughtered, he could have gone anywhere.

Analyzing his fight with Toriko Starjun looks actually quite stronger than Toriko. As mentioned, he never went all out, apparently "afraid of his own limit", where Toriko always goes to the limit, pushing his boundaries. When he started using his fire techniques he overwhelmed Toriko quickly. Even after giving away his leg, arm and stomach, he only managed to destroy Starjun's kitchen knife. He only managed to injure Starjun seriously when his inner demon (manifestation of gourmet cells) came out. We don't know if Starjun can manifest his demon as well.

We saw nothing of his hyped speed, he was apparently capable of killing Toriko 10 times in 0.5 seconds it took him to get ready for battle - http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/144/17 I always thought it an exaggeration, but who knows. Toriko got stronger through Food Honor, but Starjun wasn't sitting idle as well, we saw him preparing Bubble fruit.

Their first fight inside Regal Mammoth is Toriko's victory, this one Starjun's, and their final showdown will be in the Gourmet World, for the Supreme Ruler of Ages to be determined.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there may be a chance that Star is Midora's son after all... Well it seems Setsuno is having doubts about wether Joa is Frohze or not, overall a great chapter. The story took an unpredictable turn if you ask me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Star was just holding his true power in fear that he might burn the whole island or even the whole world.
    We already know that the power level in this manga is on a global scale. Sunny's single strand of hair could suck up the world's nutrients, Jirou's punch could stop the planet's rotation, I wouldn't be surprised if Star could BBQ the whole planet. I don't think that the author named him Star for nothing.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Cutting a tidal wave and repelling Jiro's and Setsuno's attacks? Is there no limit to Joa's power? Anyway the fact that he's some kind of shapeshifter intrigues me. About the rest, it was nice to know the reason why Star killed Gido and I'm quite looking forward to seeing what will happen between him and Joa.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think that star is that powerfull. he is strong but not that strong.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yonkou's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a question, but first please excuse me for posting this here, but i posted it in the 243 discussion thread after 244 was released today, so there might not come an answer there:
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/243/13
    who is the one on the second panel from the left? Andwhat is shown on the first panel of the right - I think the thing in the middle is the earth- ?
    the rest I know: takimaru ? buranchi grinpatch rin kousairou aimaru chiru setsuno 2nd gen. Melk zaus yuu kuribou zebra matchi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of that whole chapter, I think the thing that struck me as the oddest was that Joa said that Star is the 2nd strongest in the Bishokukai. So was he just toying with Toriko like Tommy did in Ice Hell or are the power levels about to be turned upside down? Are the 4HK now 0th Biotope level? I hope that's cleared up soon.

So, I guess we can say its confirmed that it's Frohze but not Frohze. lol! That other national treasure we haven't seen yet, the Saiseiya, could he be that powerful? Enough to revive Frohze as Joa and use as a puppet. Maybe he's the real leader of Neo

I think after this skirmish over Komatsu this arc will final wind down. By the way, is Joa flying or is he just falling slowly from his super jump?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Out of that whole chapter, I think the thing that struck me as the oddest was that Joa said that Star is the 2nd strongest in the Bishokukai. So was he just toying with Toriko like Tommy did in Ice Hell or are the power levels about to be turned upside down? Are the 4HK now 0th Biotope level? I hope that's cleared up soon.

So, I guess we can say its confirmed that it's Frohze but not Frohze. lol! That other national treasure we haven't seen yet, the Saiseiya, could he be that powerful? Enough to revive Frohze as Joa and use as a puppet. Maybe he's the real leader of Neo

I think after this skirmish over Komatsu this arc will final wind down. By the way, is Joa flying or is he just falling slowly from his super jump?
    It is probable that this (about starjun) is a mistranslation - when the raw comes out on Saturday, we will know for sure.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Analyzing his fight with Toriko Starjun looks actually quite stronger than Toriko. As mentioned, he never went all out, apparently "afraid of his own limit", where Toriko always goes to the limit, pushing his boundaries. When he started using his fire techniques he overwhelmed Toriko quickly. Even after giving away his leg, arm and stomach, he only managed to destroy Starjun's kitchen knife. He only managed to injure Starjun seriously when his inner demon (manifestation of gourmet cells) came out. We don't know if Starjun can manifest his demon as well.

We saw nothing of his hyped speed, he was apparently capable of killing Toriko 10 times in 0.5 seconds it took him to get ready for battle - http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/144/17 I always thought it an exaggeration, but who knows. Toriko got stronger through Food Honor, but Starjun wasn't sitting idle as well, we saw him preparing Bubble fruit.

Their first fight inside Regal Mammoth is Toriko's victory, this one Starjun's, and their final showdown will be in the Gourmet World, for the Supreme Ruler of Ages to be determined.
    Hmm.. what you said about Starjyun is true. What bothers is me is why would he let himself to get exposed to such danger or to such injuries? Because Toriko got him too good even without his inner demon's punch which was unpredictable for Star. It has indeed been stated that Star holds back due to his fear of going all out while it could still not be enough. And it would really weird if you ask me.. to get beaten as much by Toriko, who's significantly weaker and then go toe to toe with Joa, who, as it was shown by far, looks to be equal to Jirou? Then again, Jirou has not gone all out yet... so don't take my words too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I think there may be a chance that Star is Midora's son after all... Well it seems Setsuno is having doubts about wether Joa is Frohze or not, overall a great chapter. The story took an unpredictable turn if you ask me
    When I first time saw Midora, that was exactly my thought. I did not think of the son-father relationship at first, just that they might be related. However, if he is this strong, the words you said may be very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Cutting a tidal wave and repelling Jiro's and Setsuno's attacks? Is there no limit to Joa's power? Anyway the fact that he's some kind of shapeshifter intrigues me. About the rest, it was nice to know the reason why Star killed Gido and I'm quite looking forward to seeing what will happen between him and Joa.
    Where and when did Star kill Gido? I just can't remember that. Could you, perhaps, answer me with a link regarding the information? I'd be grateful, thank you. What do you mean by shapeshifter by the way? Only shape shifting I have taken notice of was on Setsuno's knife! xD

Yeah, the second-in-command powerwise thing is a bit strucking, makes the ranks look like nothing. There I saw Niceny, Alfaro, that guy whose name starts with D and is executive chef or w/e .. all above Starjyun. The power might be explained easily if what Zehahaha said would come true.

And yeah, the thought of yours regarding 4HK and 0th Biothope. Now I am all curious to see what would Zebra do to Kousairo or Kuriboh if he faced them. They could as well be his opponents (or one of them) for this arc.

I agree with second paragraph of yours. Setsuno is doubting Frohze = Joa, even Jirou seems to be clueless.. what you said might be truth. They are searching after a book where a recipe and ways as to how prepare a human being reside. The four beast stored people in his body alive, not dead.. Shaisai was not revealed yet, it is also very possible as an option.

Skirmish over Komatsu, huh? If the thunder is Midora's way of arriving, I can hardly imagine Komatsu getting back into "hands" of IGO. Though I don't want "rescue Komatsu" arc, because as I have said before, nobody would pull that off without HUGE sacrifices.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the person saying "what the?!" is it jirou and setsuno? Also, forgot to say it before, but really komatsu? your knife is the tooth of the strongest creature in the world and you just get knocked out and kidnapped? he seeeeriously needs to man up. Always bitching and crying every damn fight

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Power levels can indeed get confusing, I tend not to think too much about it and just enjoy the ride. However here are some easy facts - it was said that Yuda could have defeated the Four Beast. Kings had major trouble with Four Beast. Same Yuda gets knocked down by Nitro, which in turn get pummeled by Zebra with no problem. We can conclude that Zebra's far surpassed Yuda.

Sure there is a difference in power among the 0th Biotope, I believe that Kings are probably on the level of Rapp, but not Yosaku or Melk, for example, who I believe are among the strongest.

I'm also wondering about Joa's levitation in the air.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yonkou View Post
    i have a question, but first please excuse me for posting this here, but i posted it in the 243 discussion thread after 244 was released today, so there might not come an answer there:
    http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/243/13
    who is the one on the second panel from the left? Andwhat is shown on the first panel of the right - I think the thing in the middle is the earth- ?
    the rest I know: takimaru ? buranchi grinpatch rin kousairou aimaru chiru setsuno 2nd gen. Melk zaus yuu kuribou zebra matchi.
    Mansam, notice the scars on his left eye, and right panel not sure, either island with waves forming around it or Earth showing knocking waves spreading.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Mansam, notice the scars on his left eye, and right panel not sure, either island with waves forming around it or Earth showing knocking waves spreading.
    thanks, i was stray because i compared him to this pic
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the reason why Komatsu is going to be taken away is for him to be forcefully implanted with gourmet cells. With the way things now Komatsu will never have gourmet cells and would never have any battle or survival capability especially within the gourmet world. He could also learn dark techniques as well which is not really bad especially the revitalizing techs.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast