Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tower of God - Chapter 154 Discussion/155 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God - Chapter 154 Discussion/155 Predictions

Meh chapter.

Missing already the old Tower of God with a lot of mystery and uncovered thoughts getting out by little but with an increase of speed helping the development

The only thing of this chapter that catch me was the question of How much are united Gongbang and FUG to share tecnologies about creating living weapons? Spying i pressume, in that case hope things will not going smoothly to FUG... Koon has to take that chance to make an impact on them. But the shit is going so slow and i'm tired of that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is that if Ran loses this fight what exactly will he do next? The rest of his team has moved on. Whereas, if Anak loses then Ship goes down as well, and the three of them including Hatsu, their origninal S1 three man team will be able to investigate the Emile plotline. Unlike if Ran loses he really has nothing to do from then on, even investigate Beata, because he would probably bring along Novik for that but he has advanced. I orignially though Ship would lose the plug round and serve as a surprise upset, to allow his group to investigate the Emile plotline, and now this all-in bet provides an outlet for him to lose.

I kind of want this fight to last only one maybe one-and- a-half more chapters just to have progression. I can see Ran getting the upper hand then his new powerup runing out of energy, so if he doesn't defeat Anak soon then it could spell trouble for him. But I don't think SIU will have this be a lopsided fight, I doubt Ran just wipes the floor with Anak. I think it will be Ran with the upper hand but Anak holding on for a while and even dispaying some great skill and making the match an even fight in the end. Which is kind of odd because if you think about it Ran is supposedly the most talented of the younger Koons, one of the 10 Great Families, and Anak is only a half Princess. So naturally you would think that Ran would on paper have the upper hand.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Ran, he is growing on me so much.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want one of them to lose. I like "Killua" Ran & for some reason I like the grumpy little lizard as well.
    But I have a hard time understanding why SIU created this rivalry between the two. "Fighting" is a form of communication for Anak. She already "communicated" enough with Androssi who is already a fine rival.

It's also important to notice that a talent such as Ran put himself under Koon Agero Agnis. Just how strong is he now ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    It's also important to notice that a talent such as Ran put himself under Koon Agero Agnis. Just how strong is he now ?
    I wouldn't put much weight on that. Ran doesn't seem to be the type who wants to be the leader, unlike Aguero who stated himself to favor the leadership position. You also shouldn't forget it's highly possible that Aguero just won a bet against Ran like he did with Dan. Novick even mentioned that Dan is not the first person who got "taken by force", lol. And we all know what kind of a sneaky bastard Aguero is in that matter. Not to mention that you can't really win a bet against Aguero, if you agree to his rules and terms.

Ran is also a Koon after all. There are enough possibilities and reasons on why or how Ran joined Aguero's Team as a "subordinate", without the actual strength playing a role in this. To make a long story short, there is nothing that implies Aguero being superior than Ran in terms of power just because Aguero is/was the leader.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at east we know some intense action is on the way, and we won't be getting a repeat of the last battle. I'm a bit torn between Anak and Ran, and I'm wondering if this is going to turn out differently from what we expect.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

dont like anak that much, srsly the 2 princess are the worst female chara in the manhwa in my opinion. Yuri is the best but anak and androssi are way annoying.
    Any way i support ran i hope he wins and slams that lizard she is too cocky, just look at her the guy after getting the fighting permission starts off chewing she jumps in saying she ll kill him before bla bla bla....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NoT LucK e's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Well, at east we know some intense action is on the way, and we won't be getting a repeat of the last battle. I'm a bit torn between Anak and Ran, and I'm wondering if this is going to turn out differently from what we expect.
    I'm sure it will.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I wouldn't put much weight on that. Ran doesn't seem to be the type who wants to be the leader, unlike Aguero who stated himself to favor the leadership position. You also shouldn't forget it's highly possible that Aguero just won a bet against Ran like he did with Dan. Novick even mentioned that Dan is not the first person who got "taken by force", lol. And we all know what kind of a sneaky bastard Aguero is in that matter. Not to mention that you can't really win a bet against Aguero, if you agree to his rules and terms.

Ran is also a Koon after all. There are enough possibilities and reasons on why or how Ran joined Aguero's Team as a "subordinate", without the actual strength playing a role in this. To make a long story short, there is nothing that implies Aguero being superior than Ran in terms of power just because Aguero is/was the leader.
    I don't think Koon tricked Ran into staying on the team, Ran doesn't seem like the type who would stay due to a simple bet. He could have easily ran away after Baam unlocked his cuffs but he didn't which seemed like it was out of respect for Viole, I don't think we've seen him call Viole annoying or make any remarks about him since after he got on FUG's team (which is in contrast to his interactions with him at their first encounter and compared to his interactions with Novik/Anak/XiaXia/Reflejo/etc.). Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed on Koon's team for a similar reason.

That is not to say that Koon can't be stronger than Ran, we don't really have a good indication of what Koon's strength is like. He's had his fair share of owning fodder alongside some impressive physical feats, the only time we've seen him be outclassed was against Hwa Ryun but she seems to be above the E regulars anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I don't think Koon tricked Ran into staying on the team, Ran doesn't seem like the type who would stay due to a simple bet. He could have easily ran away after Baam unlocked his cuffs but he didn't which seemed like it was out of respect for Viole, I don't think we've seen him call Viole annoying or make any remarks about him since after he got on FUG's team (which is in contrast to his interactions with him at their first encounter and compared to his interactions with Novik/Anak/XiaXia/Reflejo/etc.). Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed on Koon's team for a similar reason.

That is not to say that Koon can't be stronger than Ran, we don't really have a good indication of what Koon's strength is like. He's had his fair share of owning fodder alongside some impressive physical feats, the only time we've seen him be outclassed was against Hwa Ryun but she seems to be above the E regulars anyway.
    Actually, Ran seems to be exactly the type who would fulfill the wager, if he loses a bet which he accepted after all. Losing a bet doesn't mean you were tricked, I never said something like that. A bet is just one of many possibilities on how Ran could have ended up in Aguero's team as a "suborindate", without the actual strength of both playing a major part in this. Ran being a subordinate in Aguero's team doesn't indicate he is inferior to Aguero in terms of fighting like zelllogan implied it in his post. That's what I was trying to say.

Both Aguero and Chang agreed (more or less) that Aguero could beat Chang in a real fight. So we have a good indication on how powerful he is. But that's not enough to put him above or below Ran.

Here is a great Ran fanart from frilla@deviantART.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ran seems to be able to use every Koon technique pretty easily. Anak can still use four bangs/rooms but she doesn't have a weapon. I don't want either to lose but at the same time I crave the season 1 style that allowed the tower to be more dangerous and fatal for the main and side characters.

The whole story is still incredible but its slowly missing the old style. Theres to many generic muscley guys running around on this floor, what happaned to the immense character variety of Evankells Hell that ranged from giants to tiny squirrel people?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Theres to many generic muscley guys running around on this floor, what happaned to the immense character variety of Evankells Hell that ranged from giants to tiny squirrel people?
    The people doing the testing are somewhat biased. If you are too different from the norm, you won't succeed. They are afraid of differences. Early on they do tests that eliminate the too big, too small, not enough brain power, can't control shinsoo, control it too well... eventually you end up with mostly humanoids with average abilities. Those that still have extreme abilities while still being hum-drum humanoids... well the testers know how to deal with that. No surprises for them, and that's the way they like it.

I think anyway.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2