Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 290 Discussion/291 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 290 Discussion/291 Predictions

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So maybe what happens next is that thing that Ragus gave to Urokai is something that drives Frankenstein's corrupted Dark Spear into madness, and eventually when they duel Franky wins and slices his eye, but as a result something must have tremendously bad happened that Rai or the Lord would have to intervene to stop. We might see just how powerful the true form of the Dark Spear is at full power when Frank is fully corrupted by it, maybe it was so powerful that even the Lord couldn't stop it with Ragnarok, that Rai had to step in and use an enormous amount of power to stop it? Did Franky's Dark Spear really devour all the other clan leaders and sent them all to eternal sleep...? I guess we'll find out soon, I can't wait.
    Last edited by noobkiller; August 05, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I pretty much liked this chapter, finally this flashback is making sense (last week some of us were complaining about the "point" of this flashback) and I'm feeling we'll get to see an interesting development of the plot and more action, of course. Traitors are scheming something that'll be fun. What about these humans Ragus talk about are the true union or/and maybe the former owners of Dark Spear, hence this hatred to F. and they want to recover the DS ? That could take even another flashback explaining how Fk. got the DS or its origin
    While I kind of agree that this chapter was a little more interesting than the previous three, I'm still pretty put out with this flashback as a whole. If the thing that the author wants to explain is Franky's origins that's fine with me but I don't really see the benefit in doing it through an elaborate buildup to Urokai losing his eye (which is probably what's about to happen).

One of the reasons I'm coming away from these chapters disappointed is that they seem like they are wasting so much time on stuff that doesn't matter and isn't particularly entertaining. Like whats with this Urokai stuff? He's dead now. How does it serve the story to give a detailed account of his backstory, which we already know the bullet points of? This new Mr. Peanut Noble and Roctis are at least are still alive but there is almost no point in spending time on the other two as far as I can see.

For a flashback I just think these chapters, and even this chapter to a lesser degree, are astonishingly unfocused. Noblesse does this with it's main story sometimes, which is fine but it's the main story so being a little chaotic with the storyline is fun. But to do that with a flashback just seems bizarre to me, and I don't mean that as praise. It's like the author saying "Hey, I have something important to tell you!" and then rambling on about mostly the weather for 45 mins. It's just weird.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 05, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    While I kind of agree that this chapter was a little more interesting than the previous three, I'm still pretty put out with this flashback as a whole. If the thing that the author wants to explain is Franky's origins that's fine with me but I don't really see the benefit in doing it through an elaborate buildup to Urokai losing his eye (which is probably what's about to happen).

One of the reasons I'm coming away from these chapters disappointed is that they seem like they are wasting so much time on stuff that doesn't matter and isn't particularly entertaining. Like whats with this Urokai stuff? He's dead now. How does it serve the story to give a detailed account of his backstory, which we already know the bullet points of? This new Mr. Peanut Noble and Roctis are at least are still alive but there is almost no point in spending time on the other two as far as I can see.

For a flashback I just think these chapters, and even this chapter to a lesser degree, are astonishingly unfocused. Noblesse does this with it's main story sometimes, which is fine but it's the main story so being a little chaotic with the storyline is fun. But to do that with a flashback just seems bizarre to me, and I don't mean that as praise. It's like the author saying "Hey, I have something important to tell you!" and then rambling on about mostly the weather for 45 mins. It's just weird.
    Since Urokai is dead, the point of that part of the flashback is not Urokai's lost eye, but Franki's lost keepsake. In other words, the author is not telling us the whereabouts of a dead character, but (possibly) he's using that part of the story to tell us certain story, the story behind that precious object and what it seems pretty interesting, the story of another person with whom Frankie was bounded or sentimentally related. From this point of view, possibly you can feel more interested in what is going to happen with that part.

The chapter also presented us a very interesting character, Lagus. He arrived with the keepsake in his pocked. At the end of the chapter the keepsake was in Urokai's hands and ready to be used in a fight against Franky. So he has all schemed even before his arrival. Like if he was manipulating the whole group with easy. Some posts before people complained about the traitor nobles being upset because of the proximity between Franki, a human, and Rai, and at the same time making business with other humans and being loyal to them. I think the chapter portrayed nicely what happens there: Urokai is the stupid, a disposal soldier. Lagus talked directly to him as soon as he was there, and pointed to the fact that he 's the most emotional among the clan leaders. While Roctis and Zarga, the non stupid traitors, know how manipulable is him, and I would say know much more of the real business between them and the Union:

Spoiler show

Now, if Urokai can fell like repugnance towards Franki, a human, been near to Rai, Lagus has no scruples at all towards humans. He's like an only business Mafia boss. If even Roctis and Zarga can be a bit afraid towards the possibility to eliminate a loyal servant of the noblesse and someone embraced by the lord, Lagus has no doubts, and manage to get what he wanted since the beginning.

Then I wonder if Lagus is in fact loyal to those humans who gave him the keepsake or if he is also trying to use them for his selfish goals. Will he be an elder? What are his reasons to betray his race? ... Anyway with him we are one step closer to know it, and also more about Franki's personal life before he meet Rai. As well as we are on step closer to know why Franki is the greatest hindrance to traitors plan. Viewed in that way I fell we advanced with a chapter that makes the flashback more interesting.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 05, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Since Urokai is dead, the point of that part of the flashback is not Urokai's lost eye, but Franki's lost keepsake. In other words, the author is not telling us the whereabouts of a dead character, but (possibly) he's using that part of the story to tell us certain story, the story behind that precious object and what it seems pretty interesting, the story of another person with whom Frankie was bounded or sentimentally related. From this point of view, possibly you can feel more interested in what is going to happen with that part.

The chapter also presented us a very interesting character, Lagus. He arrived with the keepsake in his pocked. At the end of the chapter the keepsake was in Urokai's hands and ready to be used in a fight against Franky. So he has all schemed even before his arrival. Like if he was manipulating the whole group with easy. Some posts before people complained about the traitor nobles being upset because of the proximity between Franki, a human, and Rai, and at the same time making business with other humans and being loyal to them. I think the chapter portrayed nicely what happens there: Urokai is the stupid, a disposal soldier. Lagus talked directly to him as soon as he was there, and pointed to the fact that he 's the most emotional among the clan leaders. While Roctis and Zarga, the non stupid traitors, know how manipulable is him, and I would say know much more of the real business between them and the Union:

Spoiler show

Now, if Urokai can fell like repugnance towards Franki, a human, been near to Rai, Lagus has no scruples at all towards humans. He's like an only business Mafia boss. If even Roctis and Zarga can be a bit afraid towards the possibility to eliminate a loyal servant of the noblesse and someone embraced by the lord, Lagus has no doubts, and manage to get what he wanted since the beginning.

Then I wonder if Lagus is in fact loyal to those humans who gave him the keepsake or if he is also trying to use them for his selfish goals. Will he be an elder? What are his reasons to betray his race? ... Anyway with him we are one step closer to know it, and also more about his personal life before he meet Rai. As well as we are on step closer to know why Franki is the greatest hindrance to traitors plan. Viewed in that way I fell we advanced with a chapter that makes the flashback more interesting.
    While it's true that the keepsake(possibly indicating some insight into Franky's past) and this Mr. Peanut guy are new and possibly interesting developments. But after 4 chapters all that's been achieved is that those two things have been introduced.

Part of the reason for that is how much time is being spent on stuff that really should have been edited out. Franky's conversation with the Lord for example. A whole chapter was basically wasted so that the characters in this chapter would have something to talk about. Now they are setting up the fight were Urokai loses his eye?

I can't help but feel the story would have been much better off working that information into the actual narrative instead of showing it in a flashback if the result is this bogged down with tons of scenes that hold little redeeming value in order to get to the info that does.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noobkiller View Post
    So maybe what happens next is that thing that Ragus gave to Urokai is something that drives Frankenstein's corrupted Dark Spear into madness, and eventually when they duel Franky wins and slices his eye, but as a result something must have tremendously bad happened that Rai or the Lord would have to intervene to stop. We might see just how powerful the true form of the Dark Spear is at full power when Frank is fully corrupted by it, maybe it was so powerful that even the Lord couldn't stop it with Ragnarok, that Rai had to step in and use an enormous amount of power to stop it? Did Franky's Dark Spear really devour all the other clan leaders and sent them all to eternal sleep...? I guess we'll find out soon, I can't wait.
    I can't really imagine that scenario happening, considering the attitude of nobles towards Franky, especially Gejutel at their first in-story meeting. Gejutel did not like Franky, but if that really happened, he'd probably jump at Franky trying to murder him. I guess Gejutel changed his attitude after Franky caused trouble in Lukedonia (which those chapters are probably building up to), but not to such a large extent that it'd be the cause of Rai going to a long sleep.

Also, Franky himself is wondering what caused Rai to go to sleep. If he really was the cause of it, he should know about it - there's no reasonable way he'd be stopped after going crazy and not informed of what he did there.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess about what caused Rai to go to sleep is this:

Spoiler show

He was introduced some few chapters ago, in an arc that is going to explain what happened 820 years ago, and which vey likely will end with a major clash between the Union and the nobles (and possibly between Rai and him). Also, I think he's a werewolf. There is an special nobel in charge of the care of all nobles, the noblesse; not going to far from the archetypical clash between vampires and werewolf, there should be an special werewolf much more powerful than all the others werewolfes, the werewolfesse
    Last edited by ukimix; August 06, 2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: it's hard to spell

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

I'm not going to disagree with anything you said here as the flashback has been fairly tame. However, Lagus is most likely one of the Traitors that Roctis is contacting. Considering that the original plan to rid themselves of Franky fails quite spectacularly with major injury to Urokai, this most likely tells us that Lagus organized whatever "research" (or the situation, so Franky could've been working on a new Dark Spear or something) Franky was caught doing/with that resulted in Rai sealing him. Moreover, that probably implies that, while we know that Franky's not the nicest guy around, he's certainly less morally ambiguous than he might once have appeared.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow, slow chapter. I'm standing my ground hoping to see a brilliant end of this flashback, at least I wish we can see more about what happened to Lukedonia around the time of betrayal, about Rai's long sleep, and about the traitors. I hope this wait will not be wasted later on.

This Lagus guy reminded me of that Elder who plays around Roctis in previous chapters, lol. If you remove that ugly face a bit, making him a bit younger/better... The fact that they're working with humans is kinda a nice twist. As much as Lukedonia tried to hide themselves all the time, these leaders made deals with humans. I wonder what the purpose was.

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    The traitors are interesting - they feel strongly about Raizel and yet they want to harm him. What's up with that?
    Maybe they didn't plan on harming him specifically. To me it sounds like they want to make Rai their god or something like that, removing anyone around him leaving themselves only so they can control Rai the way they want. Maybe. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    What about these humans Ragus talk about are the true union or/and maybe the former owners of Dark Spear, hence this hatred to F. and they want to recover the DS ? That could take even another flashback explaining how Fk. got the DS or its origin
    I still hope one day we'll get to see the real story behind Frank's Dark Spear, it's one of the interesting mystery of this series. The true Union, I imagined so too. At least the seeds of the current Union. That would explain why these traitors went to join the Union after running away from Lukedonia after the betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    One thing I found really, really interesting was the Lord wanting to help Frankenstein by providing him with his blood. Kinda strange even for the old Lord, isn't it?
    LOL~ Maybe the Lord actually knew what/who he was and was interested to help him out? But above all reasons, this Lord is indeed one of a kind so who knows what's going on in his head. XD

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Flashback is still boring. I find it kinda anticlimatic to show us a traitor who wasn't even introduced in the actual stroyline yet. I mean it would have been better if we did get to see the former clan-leaders of Ludis,Karias,Kaye,Rozaria and Seira cause they won't be taking any action in the present.

So Lagus is most likely one of the "them" that Roctis is contacting. This chapter further showed that Roctis was never really good and the same goes for Urokai and Zarga. They were already sheming things before Frankenstein even appeared.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2