Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Birdmen By Yellow Tanabe

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Birdmen By Yellow Tanabe

Genre: School-life, Sci-fi, Shounen
    Author and Artist:Yellow TANABE
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Sunday
    Synopsis (from mangaupdates): Eishi Karasuma (15 years) is a loner with a monotone life. His only friend is Mikisada Komoda (14 year). They venture together while skipping course. One day in a parc, they met Tsubame, a very energetic girl and Rei Sagisawa (15 year), a boy that attend the same middle school. On their way back, Eishi and Mikisada take a bus which lose its track and fell from a cliff. Eishi tries to go out when he suddenly spots a young boy with wings...

First chapter is out at Batoto, you can read it here.

Wasn't one of those big good first chapters. I mean it wasn't bad (I'm kinda bored of main characters like Eishi) but I'm a fairly big fan of Yellow Tanabe's works so I'll stay hopeful.
    Last edited by Doraku; August 01, 2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: no direct link

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Birdmen By Yellow Tanabe

Interesting because nothing much has been told. The first chapter was an introduction of two main characters. Yet, the coloured double page and the mentioning of the birdman (wonder why birdmen - plural form is used) creates a mystery in which the characters will be involved. You can't find this good, neither can you find this bad. It is more or less the question if this prologue is interesting. I say yes!

Is this a short series or not?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Interesting because nothing much has been told. The first chapter was an introduction of two main characters. Yet, the coloured double page and the mentioning of the birdman (wonder why birdmen - plural form is used) creates a mystery in which the characters will be involved. You can't find this good, neither can you find this bad. It is more or less the question if this prologue is interesting. I say yes!

Is this a short series or not?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Not good enough to say its good but not bad enough to say its bad. Those who read the raws say its pretty slow-paced and nothing good happens till the end of chapter 2 - chapter 3. :/

I don't think it's a short series, so probably Yellow Tanabe's next big series. I'd much rather have Laughter in the end of the world get its own full length series but I guess that's good on its own. Anyways I'll keep my eye on this series.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No this time it is a long serie. Also let's not forget that the Sunday issue where it was published had also next chapter in it.
    And I remember people where already saying that Shuumatsu was slow pace :-)
    This is a Sunday title so there is no the same need to rush as for a Jump one and Tanabe knows it and take her time to install the characters.
    I already wonder how the two of them became friends, it's not like they match each others

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I wouldn't be too detracted to be fair Tanabe does tend to start of rather slow in the pick up of interest. So I'd hold my thoughts until I see more chapters given the pace of the author with the previous works. Though I admit I too would've preferred Laughter, yet given the series it would have been quite a difficult piece to write in sustained quality looking at the long run.
    Last edited by Hamy; July 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read this a few hours ago. Then saw the news that it'll actually be on hiatus and will be back on October. Well, at least there's still chapters left to be scanlated.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-till-october

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read up to the third chapter (just scanlated today if I'm not mistaken) and I have to say it's really a shame that we'll have to wait until october for the next chapter. I like the main cast, the pace is slow but it makes room for a good amount of characterization. The contract thing is definitely intriguing, hopefully this series doesn't suffer another hiatus in the future.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 is out, and things are really picking up I guess. It's getting much more interesting I'll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I have read up to the third chapter (just scanlated today if I'm not mistaken) and I have to say it's really a shame that we'll have to wait until october for the next chapter. I like the main cast, the pace is slow but it makes room for a good amount of characterization. The contract thing is definitely intriguing, hopefully this series doesn't suffer another hiatus in the future.
    There should be 2 more chapters left to scanlate iirc. But yeah it really is a shame.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Birdmen By Yellow Tanabe

Chapter 5 is cool, as finally we have some insights on what Birdmen are capable of. The Black Out thing is creepy, and I suspect Birdmen are destined to fight with those creatures. We need more explanation why Birdmen need learn how to fight ASAP aside from protecting themselves from Black Outs, I think there would be another urgency as well.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This needs to be animated, every since they awoke and used their wings its been phenomenal. Takamiya is the best and his full body stripping to cool transformation was quite exciting and hype inducing. Cant wait to see what cool things are in store as the creatures from the Blackout become a point of focus

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, latest chapter is great, I really love the scenery at night drawn in that chapter. The art spread is so gorgeous. Story-wise, poor Ei for not making big progress at all

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of wish this series would be more than monthly as some of the plot points, great in concept, are hard to read knowing to wait a month for. Typically I guess I like reading monthlies in volume format since that wont be an issue.

But the chp 7 flying stuff was hilarious.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Kind of wish this series would be more than monthly as some of the plot points, great in concept, are hard to read knowing to wait a month for. Typically I guess I like reading monthlies in volume format since that wont be an issue.

But the chp 7 flying stuff was hilarious.
    Agree with this, I thought exactly the same when I was reading it.

The story is good so far but only Karasuma is fleshed out, though his 2 male friends get a little more development thanks to their interactions with him. I wonder if the others will have as much development as him in the future.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply