Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Collective Reading of VAGRANT SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Collective Reading of VAGRANT SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

Collective Reading of VAGRANT SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

Hi there,

Do you want to read with us this interesting and already complete manwha? Here we will begin a collective reading of it in next August 7th. So, if you're interested let us know and join the reading and the discussion. Next, you'll find some introductory reviews of this manhwa and, since it's important to get an agreement about schedule and other stuffs, some notes on the rules we could adopt in the reading.

Reviews:

Spoiler: Zellogan's review show

Spoiler: Wiki's note show

Where to read:

Batoto, mangahere, mangareader, etc...

Rules for the collective reading

Schedule:
    • We will read a volume per week, beginning next August 7th.
    • Comments on ulterior chapter to those of a concrete week, should have to be put into spoiler tags

Post your impressions, reviews, or simple notes about the respective volume in the respective week.

There it is. Everybody is very welcome to join! :-)
    Last edited by ukimix; August 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective Reading of VAGRAND SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

I'm obviously in! I've always wanted to read Ares but never had the motivation to really start, with this collective reading, i'll finally be able to get the ''kick in the butt'' motivation to start!

I think reading at medium pace would be good for the first week at least and then if we think there's not enough content in 10 chapters to have a good discussion, we can switch to the fast pace.

Either way, with medium or fast pace we would be able to finish everything before most of us start school again, which is good because we would all get busy and so on.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective Reading of VAGRAND SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

lol... When you start school again?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective Reading of VAGRANT SOLDIER ARES by Ryu Keum Cheo

Ok, I am in. It seems like an interesting manga so it is a good opportunity to give the collective reading a try. I think 10 chapters per week is reasonable and perhaps not too overwhelming for discussion. It will be a tad of a long discussion though, it should take us 20 weeks to be done with the manga. Perhaps we can adjust the pace later on depending on how discussion goes?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just great that you join us kkck.

Yes, it would be a long discussion. I have been reading it a bit and I think now it's rather a light story, and it's possible to read it faster than a volume per week. So I change my vote now to the fast pace, which would take us 13 weeks, and a not so long discussion. In the first week we could try the first 2 volumes, and see how it results for everybody. That also could help Nast.J in making the reading before his studies.

Let me add that I like what I've been reading.

Btw, if it's ok with you guys, we can begin this week, so that we would be commenting volumes 1 and 2 from today to August 7, and then continue with volumes 3 and 4 from that day to August 14.

---------- Post added August 02, 2013 at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was August 01, 2013 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    So guys, do we begin this week (first vols from July 31 to August 7) or next August 7th (first vols from August 7 to August 14? Also, do we read one volume per week or two? I don't mind to wait a week; but I need to know what you think, so that I can schedule my readings of this week, so please let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 01, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

From the 7th to the 14th. Hopefully, more people will join us before we start!

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so until now, we'll begin from August 7 to August 14 with the chapter of the first volume. Until now, we have 2 votes for the medium pace (Nast.J and kkck) and one for the fast pace (me). If nobody else comes, that will be. :-)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, I'm joining. It'll be nice to talk on a smaller scale rather than the traffic of bigger sections. I'm pretty sure I've thank'd or liked posts from all of you at some time. Or just thanked, back in the days when thanking was all you could do..a time when things where simpler, the good old days. I know my fellow 07 alumni kkck knows.

But yeah, this is gonna be fun, I think medium pace is perfect. We can even request to slow it down or speed it up if we get into it.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm joining. It'll be nice to talk on a smaller scale rather than the traffic of bigger sections. I'm pretty sure I've thank'd or liked posts from all of you at some time. Or just thanked, back in the days when thanking was all you could do..a time when things where simpler, the good old days. I know my fellow 07 alumni kkck knows.

But yeah, this is gonna be fun, I think medium pace is perfect. We can even request to slow it down or speed it up if we get into it.
    Yoooo, conn-man. Nice you join us. Thank + like would be a nice single button to use now :-) So 3 votes for medium pace, starting next Wednesday.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Collective reading... I've never done this before. I'm in. And I don't know anything about this manwha :P

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    Collective reading... I've never done this before. I'm in. And I don't know anything about this manwha :P
    You're very welcome natli The collective reading project is an initiative to make groups of people who haven't read some old (complete) good mangas/manhwas/manhuas, to read them and to share impressions and comments about them. Right now, apart from Vagrant Soldier Ares, we are reading also Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and absolutelly great manga.
    Nice that you have joined us.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am already by chapter 5, couldn't hold myself.... Can't wait for wednesday.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Chapter 10 now.... gotta contain myself from reading.... oh well, I can reread the first 10 chapters again, that is the point of this anyways.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote my review more than 5 years ago and I still have a fondness towards this manwha. I hope you enjoy the read.
    I remember enjoying the first half of the manwha a lot. I had trouble with the second half due to the lack of translations available at the time. It's hard to enjoy this manwha on a slow pace. There are many characters involved in the end and quite frankly, I was lost due to the fact I had to wait months for the next chapters ...

You will soon know if you like it or not. I find the main character extremely hard to dislike.
    I'll try to read it again because I never could discuss this manwha with people.

ukimix >> Yes that's it. I had to wait too long between each chapter & I had trouble to remind which character was in which situation & even who was who at some point.

The good news is also that this manwha have a clear ending. Most questions got answers.
    Last edited by zelllogan; August 05, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I wrote my review more than 5 years ago and I still have a fondness towards this manwha. I hope you enjoy the read.
    I remember enjoying the first half of the manwha a lot. I had trouble with the second half due to the lack of translations available at the time. It's hard to enjoy this manwha on a slow pace. There are many characters involved in the end and quite frankly, I was lost due to the fact I had to wait months for the next chapters ...

You will soon know if you like it or not. I find the main character extremely hard to dislike.
    I'll try to read it again because I never could discuss this manwha with people.
    Eyyy, Zellogan!!! Thanks for visiting us. Luckily we have now all the chapters at hand. I understand that your dificulties in reading in a slow pace were related with having to wait for weeks to be able to read the next chapter. Is that right? Being so, it'll be easier for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am already by chapter 5, couldn't hold myself.... Can't wait for wednesday.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Chapter 10 now.... gotta contain myself from reading.... oh well, I can reread the first 10 chapters again, that is the point of this anyways.
    lol, I'm now at the end of volume one too. I will reread the volume and write my comments. I suppose there will be no problem if we begin posting comments on volume one since today until next August 14 (in that way we are only adding 2 days to the first week in the agreed schedule). So, if anyone wants to begin with posting comments today, that's ok.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok then, I will start with a few comments on the manga. I might not go through all the chapters just yet. Spoilers tags just in case.

Spoiler show

Well, those are my thoughts on the first 3 chapters so far.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast