Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 106 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 106 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 106 RAW

Summary:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Not much happened in this chapter. Ryoma is still practicing with the funky racket. People thought Akutsu was going to hit Sanada back but he didnt' because he learned to enjoy sports, but Sanada asked him to hit him anyway. So Akutsu kicked Sanada and then helped him get back up.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 106 Discussion/Predictions

Alright, so of course I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that we only got a couple pages this month and that they don't amount to much. I'm sure the chapter will read just fine in context (as does the rest really, like Hardy said), but if you just judge it by the monthly release, it's a bit lacking. Either way, the reason is probably the upcoming fanbook, as well as another Moon Walker one shot that Konomi is drawing for some contest. I'd guess that next month might not have that many pages either and that we'll be back to the regular amount starting the month after next.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the upcoming fanbook is REALLY good and has huge amounts of info about MS, HS, stats... then I won't care about this month's release which is really lame.

If I remember correctly, the fanbook is released in September right?

I don't know what to think about this match, Ohmagari with two rackets blew my mind in July and I expect anything right now. A comeback is the most plausible thing, and I expect Sanada to bring BA soon and Akutsu to get TnK because he's constantly talking about how much he loves tennis. He didn't even care hitting Sanada back when everybody was expecting that and he just did it because Sanada wanted to apologize lke that, so I won't be surprised if Akutsu gets TnK and we get TnK + BA.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; August 01, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so let me get this straight...

After waiting a month, we get only one chapter that consists of Echizen missing a shot, and Sanada getting kicked in the stomach.

...Wow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight...

After waiting a month, we get only one chapter that consists of Echizen missing a shot, and Sanada getting kicked in the stomach.

...Wow.
    Pathetic is the best word to summarize this chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Waited all this time for this garbage? C'mon Konomi, have everyone die by random strikes of lightning and end the manga.

No, seriously. I love PoT but this is like what Dragon Ball GT was to Z. So much potential, but Konomi's dicking around. And I dare anyone to tell me "Give the guy a break." No. He's a professional manga-ka. I expect professional work from a professional. He deserves a break when he fucking delivers pro work. Eichiro Oda I can give a break. Yoshihiro Togashi I can ... Okay he's just lazy and is abusing the system, but still, his work in Hunter x Hunter is some of the best that Shonen manga has to offer. Konomi, I expected him to keep up his consistency from the Nationals into this new work, but no, NPoT is nothing more than bishonen garbage. Tennis, plot, none of this matters. It's all about drawing shining pretty boys. Pyure gabbage.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; August 01, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the highlight in the latter part of POT and NPOT is seeing how people can get air comboed by tennis ball and wondering if someone will actually die from playing tennis. But we don't even have anything like that in this chapter.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i found a fan-made scanlation of 106. It was translated from the chinese scans. So, it might present mistakes (and two bubbles not translated).
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/42...hapter_106.zip
    Credits: by your-oujiness

There is no info in the scanlation not present at Phantron's summary, but if anyone is interested...

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Given that everyone seems to be dissatisfied with the contents of this chapter, I would be interested in hearing what you would have liked to see instead. Of course I'm not expecting you to write a complete script or anything, but please give a short summary of the events that would be enough for nine pages, without exceeding them.

Answers along the lines of "have everyone drop dead" will be deleted as spam.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

can we talk about akutsu char development?
    he doesn't seem like the team work type, and a hot head.. it's not surprising that he'd kik his partner if things arent going good or if his partner is giving him orders/suggestions.

but we all knew that was his style , so i guess that's why this was a silly chapter. i'm shocked though that they shook hands at the end. one of the fastest arguments/makeups in manga history, but i rather have that out of the way in 1 chapter so we can see some Black aura action and a counter atk.

i'm shocked at 2v1 and akutsu getting slashed in the face. the other guy must be real good.

note: i dont have the official translations, only making conclusions via pictures.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Given that everyone seems to be dissatisfied with the contents of this chapter, I would be interested in hearing what you would have liked to see instead. Of course I'm not expecting you to write a complete script or anything, but please give a short summary of the events that would be enough for nine pages, without exceeding them.

Answers along the lines of "have everyone drop dead" will be deleted as spam.
    I would've liked to see either Akutsu or Sanada pulling out some power-up, overpowering that sad excuse for a court jester Ohmagari, and forcing Shuuji to quit bullshitting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care too much about the quality of the manga as long as it delivers the quantity that is expected for a monthly. I think 30 pages for a monthly serial is quite reasonable to ask. I don't care if it just involves people getting knocked into air and coughing up blood for 20 out of 30 pages. Since POT pretty much went beyond anything that make sense a long time ago, it's almost impossible to come up with something that doesn't make sense.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have preferred an upgrade from either side be revealed... maybe a short flashback or explanation from spectators would follow. Reasonable for 9 pages, finish the chapter off with one side looking surprised and the other side looking smug. Typical Konomi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

1st BA. It's time to finally see it ... that's prolly the first 9 pages lol.
    2nd, Ohmagari is overwhelmed and Shuuji plays seriously. The Hs look stronger now.

After that.

Akutsu gets a massive upgrade (please, not TnK, that would be such a jerk move Konomi u.u ). The Ms win.

After that.

Tohno comes back and destroys Kimijima's arm or something. A Ms takes his spot. Someone plays against Duke and takes his spot. Ryoga doesn't give 2 craps about the camp and leaves, or someone plays against him.

Tokugawa faces Byoudouin but isn't good enough, Ryoma tags in and takes the spot.

The free spots are filled with Ms (Kikumaru, Kaidoh, Fuji, WoK, Shiraishi, Kirihara... not all of them though).

Yukimura leaves to get treated OR DIES because it's too late (like, Kimijima said Yukimura would take the treatment... 9 months ago ). The almighty Sengoku gets his spot.

That's it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    have everyone drop dead
    That would work though.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't really care too much about the quality of the manga as long as it delivers the quantity that is expected for a monthly.
    Wut. So, if Konomi shits on 30 pages and sells them you're happy? Quality > Quantity, but this month we didn't get any of them.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Wut. So, if Konomi shits on 30 pages and sells them you're happy? Quality > Quantity, but this month we didn't get any of them.
    This is going to sound terrible, but for at least the next 5-6 months, I'd gladly accept Quantity over Quality.
    After that back the other way round though, but I really want to see things just picking up, and pretty much just more action and not an entire chapter based on characters reactions like this week.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast