Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 106 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 106 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This is going to sound terrible, but for at least the next 5-6 months, I'd gladly accept Quantity over Quality.
    After that back the other way round though, but I really want to see things just picking up, and pretty much just more action and not an entire chapter based on characters reactions like this week.
    Given that I want to see Shuuji time, I want quality. Of course, we do need some quantity just to get through the match. I'd take 25-30 pages every month though.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

On the plus side, SPoT gets the Lead Color Page, so a color spread, next month.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like anything that came out recently can be considered quality so yeah I'll take my chances here with quantity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Atobe vs Irie, the quality greatly dropped

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I actually disagree. I think the G10 match that was drawn so far is all great, not counting Duke vs Gin. The black jersey vs 11-20 is rather horrible, though.

While the chapter is quite disappointing, considering the wait for it, as well as how hyped 3 of the characters in this chapter are, as long as the whole match read fine in the end, I'll be okay with that.

Of course, I am disappoint with this chapter. But well, there's nothing I can do about it.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I actually disagree. I think the G10 match that was drawn so far is all great, not counting Duke vs Gin. The black jersey vs 11-20 is rather horrible, though.

While the chapter is quite disappointing, considering the wait for it, as well as how hyped 3 of the characters in this chapter are, as long as the whole match read fine in the end, I'll be okay with that.

Of course, I am disappoint with this chapter. But well, there's nothing I can do about it.
    Well, I can say Tooyama vs Oni, Ochi/Mouri vs Niou/Atobe and Kimijima/Tohno vs Marui /Kite are good, tough. The G20-11 matches were really bad.

I just want that Konomi doesn't waste an entire chapter drawing how Akutsu's personality changed and Sanada being kicked in the stomach, and he had one freaking month and he only comes up with that. I agree with you that as long as the match is good from now on, I won't care. However, it sucks that he has one month to deliver at least three chapters packed with action or flashbacks and not just one chapter about Sanada being kicked and Ryoma missing a shot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    This times 10. I guess it really is a popularity contest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

POT isn't something where you see say 2 chapters devoted to a game and said 'wow that's an amazing game'. Its quality is inherently related to its quantity since Konomi absolutely has no ability to make an interesting game with a very short amount of pages. Now long games aren't necessarily better either but short games are almost invariably bad unless it's a game that really has no purpose (say, Gin versus Duke).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good point phantron

I woulda liked to see more pages of akutsu being super pissed off at everyone and sanada.. this chapter, which many considered a waste, happened so fast, in that akutsu gets mad at his team mate and then he's over it so fast. so he conquered his personality flaw so fast. or either he was faking it. at least we can look forward next chapter to a counter attack.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    or either he was faking it.
    Maybe that "I love tennis" thing that lasted like 5 chapters was just bs and he's just acting to get TnK

Today I was checking some past info, and I remembered this:

{everything in The Prince of Tennis up to now has been "prologue" and that "a new legend for [the main character] Ryoma and the others will begin."}

So, if PoT was just a lil prologue and Konomi will be like this, who knows, SPoT might not end till I turn 60
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the montly format that's fucking up SPoT, honestly. To be honest, the final chapters of the Nationals were pretty much Atobe vs. Irie quality.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    It's the montly format that's fucking up SPoT, honestly. To be honest, the final chapters of the Nationals were pretty much Atobe vs. Irie quality.
    How so? I guess it's not as tight a deadline as weekly but these guys are professionals. You shouldn't need to have a weekly deadline to know you're supposed to turn out more than 10 pages a month.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    How so? I guess it's not as tight a deadline as weekly but these guys are professionals. You shouldn't need to have a weekly deadline to know you're supposed to turn out more than 10 pages a month.
    Weekly deadlines give manga-ka that extra push to make their work the best they can. Monthly tends to make them lax and as a result, the quality drops. The only manga I know of that increased in quality when it went to a monthly magazine is Steel Ball Run. It pretty much became a masterpiece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rule of Thumb:

If you are going to have an unnaturally short chapter this month, you better end it on a cliffhanger.

Konomi didn't do that. There was no Sanada saying something like "Enough is enough...it's time..." *removes eyepatch and goes into black aura mode with a badass glare* [end] He just left us out to dry, not really caring about waiting another month.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I was googling some info about the pair puris and ended up in old discussion threads in MH

It's so funny that, since Nov 2011, we've only had... what, 3 full matches + Gin's match? 3 and 1/2 mathes IN 2 YEARS?

But I know why:

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This manga so far has been horribly rushed hahaha. Konomi knows too well his manga is too popular for him to bother writing as good as a storyline as he did for PoT.
    You hurt his feelings and since then he's taking his god damn time, damn you
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough, since 2011, it's where almost all the good matches in SPoT are. It is taking a long time, but he's been delivering good chapter to read... as long as you read the chapters once a year.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast