Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Te to Kuchi by OHSAKI Tomohito & KAWASHITA Mizuki

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Te to Kuchi by OHSAKI Tomohito & KAWASHITA Mizuki

Te to Kuchi
    Genre: Historical, Mystery
    Story Author: Ohsaki Tomohito
    Illustrator: Kawashita Mizuki
    Serialization: Jump SQ.
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Summary (from Mangaupdate): With the setting of Edo, we have that the more a wealthy a city grows, the more people will gather, and as a side effect more seeds of discord can easily be found.

In one hand we have Shusuke, a slacker "almost" apprentice of a merchant with a rather large mouth who is pretty skilled in conversational skills and reading into people's intentions. In the other hand we have Rie, and gracious Yamato nadeshiko who is actually an expert swordswoman who has dedicated her life to her skills, who works as a benriya or hired hand / jack of all trades.

What have these two in common? Well, besides their very own interesting backgrounds, we have that the two of them are actually quite indebted towards the same person, which is Shuusuke's merchant "mentor" & Rie's landlord.

Chapter 1
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; August 01, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Te to Kuchi by OHSAKI Tomohito & KAWASHITA Mizuki

It is confirmed that Te to Kuchi going to have a vomic on next month.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Te to Kuchi got a vomic so early, but I guess it's normal because the illustrator is well known. Good manga, seems episodic until now, but I think this is just the beggining and in the last chapter already start a plot about Shusuke father's murder.
    I read the chapter in the start of the month, so I don't remember very much, next month I comment with more details.

I hope sucess for this series.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Good manga, though it's just the beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Te to Kuchi

Good story so far. This comic involves a lot of problem solving concerning issues revolving around politics, petty crimes, and mysteries. The artwork is seemingly decent. Although, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fighting sequences. They are too short and lack visual appeal. In other words, I would say the action is marginally average for a shounen manga. The dialogue isn't too difficult to understand. I like Shusuke's character traits. However, I wouldn't mind seeing him learn how to defend himself in the near future. I can't tolerate a physically weak male protagonist, so I look forward to his progression as a man who can support Rie with his own strength. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the interactions between Shusuke and Rie. Rie seems a little distant and emotionless at times, but I believe she'll learn to be more vocal and open with her feelings in the future making their conversations more amusing and meaningful.

I'd give it a 4.5/5

Looking forward to the upcoming chapters.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 12, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply