Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikasa is a titan shifter

so here is the thing, after watching the episodes of SNK again and then going back to read it, one thing came into mind. I think that Mikasa is a titan shifter and that her mission is to protect Eren or stop him from dying. Remember how berserk she went when she found out that Eren died? Well what if she was upset because at that point she would've failed her mission. Think about it for one minute, she has headaches like Eren, she is always with Eren or will go wherever he goes (to protect him). One thing that strikes me is also in chapter 1 when Eren wakes up and Mikasa is there, he says that he felt like he was having a really long dream and she was alarmed http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/20

There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
    That sounds to me like when Eren first died and then became a titan, Ymir said that she died once and she is a titan.
    hmmm, this is just a theory but potentially, given her immense skills in all areas, Mikasa could be the most dangerous titan shifter so far.

Country
    Cuba
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mikasa is a titan shifter

There is some foreshadowing there with Mikasa and Armin and specifically the outside world theme that keeps appearing throughout the manga.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

No more mikasa, armin, levi, hanji, sasha, pixis, moses mom = titan plz.
    Same with grisha=ape titan.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Think about it for one minute, she has headaches like Eren,

she is always with Eren or will go wherever he goes (to protect him).
    Mikasa was shown to had hit her head pretty badly when Eren attacked her.

She loves him, as family but also romantically.

Quote Quote:
    he says that he felt like he was having a really long dream and she was alarmed
    Eren was crying.

Quote Quote:
    There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
    Metaphor.
    It refers to when Eren saved her from the Slavers after she lost her family.
    Hence her expression in the flashback when she was kidnapped, she gave up.
    Mikasa even says without her mother and father everywhere is too cold for her.
    That's when she encountered Eren and became part of the Jäger family.
    Last edited by Beatrice; August 02, 2013 at 07:34 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Grungie's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zurajanai View Post
    That sounds to me like when Eren first died and then became a titan, Ymir said that she died once and she is a titan.
    hmmm, this is just a theory but potentially, given her immense skills in all areas, Mikasa could be the most dangerous titan shifter so far.

Nope, I doubt. She meant she had already lost her previous family. She had in mind that she was so lucky having new family(Eren, Grisha, Carla) and so she would do everything to keep Eren alive. In my opinion her words were a metaphor, unlike Ymir's case. But I can be wrong, we don't know the mechanism of transformation and its conditions yet.

Edit: Yeah Beatrice, you've forestalled me ;p
    Last edited by Grungie; August 02, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zurajanai View Post
    ...There is one part I can't get over, she says "I died once, and I was brought back to life. It's a debt I won't forget" http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/15
    It looks like she is referring to the moment when her parents die and Eren save her from those slave traders, but you know what? You could be right, It could be a clue from Isayama, like a word play. I like thinking that way, whenever I reread the manga I think of Isayama saying this: "I'm telling you, watch closely" .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grungie View Post
    In my opinion her words were a metaphor, unlike Ymir's case.
    Actually I think Ymir's "I died" was a metaphor as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Grungie's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandreus View Post
    Actually I think Ymir's "I died" was a metaphor as well.
    Well, I meant she died once as a titan (for real). (Like she said : "And I died for the happiness of a great many people") But I know what you mean. Of course we can consider it as a metaphor as well. Like her "death" was that nightmare which lasted about 60 years. Poor Ymir :<
    Last edited by Grungie; August 02, 2013 at 08:53 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, by saying "I died" one could simply mean "to lose everything one cared about", just like with Mikasa's case.

In fact, by the little info we have about Ymir, it's implied she once was someone important and her previous life was all about living the life she was supposed to live (i.e. what sociaty expected her to do and act like, as opposed as following her own desires), hence her resolve to "living for my own sake" after she got her second chance.

In that respect, her being let down (used/abandoned/betrayed) by the very people she dedicated her own life to, you could very well say that had to be like dieing.

So I think the "I died" part is referring to something before her becoming a Titan, or possibly the very fact act of becoming a Titan itself.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that a lot of it could be a metaphor for something else, but if we took it quite literally then it kind of makes sense http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/2/25. I think isayama is dropping some hints though if she does turn out to be one. Like 4 out of the top 5 trainees are titans (except mikasa...yet ), she has headaches, her asian background which we know nothing about but could be the reason why she has badass abilities. Heck if she transforms into a titan then she would protect eren and he would have badass security (if titans are driven by their will only that is). i admit the mission thing is a bit extreme but i think she would still be his ultimate shield

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she is a shifter too, and not just that but also a beast titan like the ape. I also think Isayama is giving us hints, I think she isn't protecting Eren because she is grateful to him for saving her life, there is something bigger, just think about the first chapter, when she told Eren, "see you later" in the "dream"... she is a key char in this story.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply she can't be a titan.
    When Eren was officially dead she wander totally crazy killing titans till she found herself weaponless and out of gas cornered by two 15m class titan.
    We know one was Eren shifted but imo at that time and even before Mikasa would reveal her titan nature, no sense to continue hide her powers while Eren was already dead.
    That's cleary sure she can't be a shifter at all.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean she is a shifter but she doesn't know it, similar to Eren case. I think we have to wait until her death to know the truth (unless somebody cut off the nape of her neck, then we will never know ).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a crazy plot -.-

She is and she doesn't know till she's dead? Yeah... Clear...

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    This is a crazy plot -.-

She is and she doesn't know till she's dead? Yeah... Clear...
    Of course, same as Eren, he didn't know after he agonize inside the belly of that bearded titan .
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast