Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Come on people, we DON'T KNOW if Mikasa IS or ISN'T a shifter, nobody can asseverate it; so all kind of speculation is welcome. I think she is, and maybe chapter 50 could prove me right... or wrong, who knows .
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Calm down a bit people.

@Counterpuncher:
    There were no wounds, Mikasa was covered in Titan blood that vapoured, the same occured in Episode 9 and Hanjis cape surely is no Titan Shifter.
    Last edited by Beatrice; September 07, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huesoman View Post
    Come on people, we DON'T KNOW if Mikasa IS or ISN'T a shifter, nobody can asseverate it; so all kind of speculation is welcome. I think she is, and maybe chapter 50 could prove me right... or wrong, who knows .
    Not all specualtion is welcome..some is just ridiculous. .

I mean, sure, Ishiyama did play us for a fool by hiding so many titans right in front of our noses without us realizing, but that doesn't mean that everyone else can/has to be a titan.
    I think that I saw a 'he is a titan' theory for EVERY single major character in the past half a year or so..and it's just plain ridiculous.

Same with the people specualting who the Ape titan could be (annie's dad, grisha, levi?!), I mean wtf..just because it turned out that infamous collosal and armored titan turned out to be someone we already knew all along, it doesn't mean that every other shifter has to be someone known as well.

And even in the latest chapter with the reaperance of the titan that ate Eren's mom I saw a bunch of theories about it being Armin or even Moses (Brown in manga)..It's just..I don't even...

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Not all specualtion is welcome..some is just ridiculous. .

I mean, sure, Ishiyama did play us for a fool by hiding so many titans right in front of our noses without us realizing, but that doesn't mean that everyone else can/has to be a titan.
    I think that I saw a 'he is a titan' theory for EVERY single major character in the past half a year or so..and it's just plain ridiculous.

Same with the people specualting who the Ape titan could be (annie's dad, grisha, levi?!), I mean wtf..just because it turned out that infamous collosal and armored titan turned out to be someone we already knew all along, it doesn't mean that every other shifter has to be someone known as well.

And even in the latest chapter with the reaperance of the titan that ate Eren's mom I saw a bunch of theories about it being Armin or even Moses (Brown in manga)..It's just..I don't even...
    Well hello facepalm to you too.
    (Comes form the one who came up with the theory that Smiley is Moses Brown)
    I was not saying that he was a shifter.
    I was only playing with the idea that titans are dead people brought back to life and that Smiley is made from Moses.
    So no shifter there.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic Rules of Writing.Every Author using some Mystery in their story follows them without exception.
    It always has to be someone known to the one reading or watching, even if just a name was dropped and no appearance shown or in reverse.

As said, there are no exceptions.From Naruto or Bleach right up to And Then There Were None.

It's an absolute basic of writing.

I'm not saying one of those 3 is the Titan, but simply that "It doesn't mean that every other shifter has to be someone known" is wrong.
    Last edited by Beatrice; September 07, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Counterpuncher's Avatar
    Country
    Libya
    Post Thanks / Like

ImmortalZodd
    Chill out dude! We're just discussing. It did look like an injury to me in the anime, but I guess it was just titan's blood as you mentioned. After all it's a drowning, not a real photo, so no need to get emotional!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? I am chill, I just strongly disagree on the possibility of her being a titan.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Counterpuncher's Avatar
    Country
    Libya
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way you might disagree with me here but there is definitely an other unknown Titan shifter in the story. You see during his discution with Berthold, Reiner mentioned in chapter 47 that their mission involves finding some coordinate in Eren's world or colony and bringing him along with them to their colony. Christa supposedly knows something about it as a dissendent of the wall cult family. My point is there is still a Titan shifter yet to be seen be it Mikas, Levi or even the potato girl I don't know... Any ideas ?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

..It's just..I don't even...
    My thought exactly hahaha. Especially the facepalm.

Mikasa's injury-turn-scar caused by Eren didn't heal immediately did it? If anyone's mentioned that already...

I think Mikasa's someone important. Definitely. The story wouldn't just go about calling her the last of her race for nothing... I wouldn't say she will become a Shifter just yet. But I don't think she's a Shifter as of yet...

And there's the unrevealed plot about her tattoo/embroidery. Surely something fishy's going on. If you look at the anime version, the embroidery somewhat resembles the "Castle-in-the-inner-district-lookalike" in the ED.

Spoiler show

But of course, this is the anime version. There's the issue with it being canon or not...

@Counterpuncher
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were another shifter among the current cast, but I'm kinda putting my money on "becoming one" rather than "already is one." I know nothing of Isayama's intention (plot-wise,) but I'd have thought from a story-telling perspective Levi wouldn't make a great Shifter, it's just kinda "Huh? "

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I was passing by and saw this thread, and wow... this is one crazy plot twist if this ever happens

Do all the top 10 of the 104th squad trainees need to be a Titan shifters? We already have Eren, Reiner, Annie, Bert and Ymir, and I think it's enough to have them as the Titan shifters. I don't want for Mikasa and Armin, and the rest of the top 10 to be titan shifters.

Mikasa can't be a Titan shifter. Why? Because she is NOT. end of story.

if people are referring to that one page in the manga where Mikasa, Jean, Armin and Christa turned into titans, then you lot just got trolled hard by Isayama

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm potentially everyone that grisha cured could be a Titan, if you want to go this route. We know that grisha regularly saw mikasa. Perhaps he was administering small doses of Titan serum each time??

Anywho I don't agree or disagree. I don't want this blood on my hands. I don't want to accuse anyone of being a shifter.

But it's not true that the enemy must be someone we know. Even the colossal and armored Titan were introduced before we knew "them". Maybe we'll learn who they are after ((in other words, keep your eyes put for new characters everyone!))

As to mikasas embroidery; that's some trippy Shizz. Maybe mikasa's love is the coordinate? Or maybe mikasa? Or the scarf??? Lol! Just speculations. But I don't think that mikasa being the last of her race and also being with Eren and also with grisha above the basement and also with the embroidery... Don't think those are accidents.
    Last edited by quoux; October 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how this theory ties in with the flashback of when Eren saves Mikasa. It would be too weird if Mikasa was a titan shifter whose mission was to keep Eren alive, and then also coincidentally saved by him as a child. It would be a greater possibility if she was turned into a titan by Grisha, or perhaps she WILL turn into a titan once they figure everything out. But I don't see a huge significance in the idea of Mikasa being a titan shifter. Her purpose in the show is the the hope of the future, along with Levi.

Plus, who wouldn't have a headache hanging around Eren that much ?

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, going by how Isayama operates this one page surely makes one curious.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    To be fair, going by how Isayama operates this one page surely makes one curious.

It certainly does raise curiosity (although Isyama loves to do that) but to be fair Ymir is also a shift and she wasn't in there.
    Last edited by MajiinX; October 29, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we missed the point that Eren woke up in a dream, notice that Mikasa has longer hair, he cries for no reason and so on... Do you think it is all normal?

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast