Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mikasa is a titan shifter

Mikasa is a shifter? That's a NO from me
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lolnameless View Post
    I think we missed the point that Eren woke up in a dream, notice that Mikasa has longer hair, he cries for no reason and so on... Do you think it is all normal?
    I don't think anyone doubts Mikasa is going to play a significant role in the fate of the humanity alongside Eren, but she doesn't necessarily need to be a titan shifter to accomplish this.

Personally, I can see where the thought that she might be a titan are coming from.
    Spoiler show
    but after all she is probably the most physically tough character in Snk outside of Levi and Erwin.
    Spoiler show
    I just don't think a storyteller as good as Isayama appears to be would resort to using the same twist so many times.

I for one just want things to go right for Mikasa, if no one else. I mean of all the motives being tossed around in this story, hers is literally "I just want to be with the only loved one I have left who hasn't been brutally murdered right in front of me". I think that's a pretty fair request.
    Last edited by Astartes; November 08, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think she's a shape shifter yet but she has that potential coz eren's dad was in touch with her family n then she lived with them so he had plenty of time to administer her the same medication, plus it seems that some people have that inherent glitch due to some experimentation gone wrong or something to transform into a titan-the mindless one coz from
    Spoiler show
    ...another theory i have is that maybe eren already had this monstrous ability inside him n his father being a doctor was giving him shots to suppress it or something, like maybe he was a mindless titan earlier or had that potential which his father recognised n tried to curb it n now has amnesia n that's wht he'll find in the basement, hehe,just a crazy theory...love this series!
    Last edited by kannazuki; November 09, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the anime isn't canon but...

Mikasa is, if not a titan, susceptible to titan coordinate control. The scene where she stabs the last kidnapper to death comes with the same visual theme as titan transformations – the crackling yellow lightning. She breaks the knife’s grip and breaks the floorboard flinging herself at the guy, even though a moment ago she was shaking and visibly petrified. Her sudden 180 is the result of her innate response to Eren’s command (“Fight!”). She says that she suddenly became sure of herself, suddenly stopped shaking. This is later reiterated in the scene where Mikasa gives up on life and tries to die – it cuts to a replay of the stabbing scene (specifically, a replay of her response to the command, with the crackling lightning effect). Then, there are several flashes of a pomegranate (both a flashback to one, then a literal pomegranate on the ground, back and forth). In the flashback, it’s stated outright that Mikasa and Grisha met several times previously. Grisha gave Mikasa some sort of dosed pomegranate as a gift, in the same way he injected Eren to give him (shifter/coordinate) powers. Mikasa was an experiment, and is now the perfect soldier – because her only command is to fight, and win.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Mikasa is a titan, but this "zap" effect at Eren's command coincidence is interesting! The pomegranate itself is anime-only, but I wonder if Grisha experimented on her somehow. If Eren was already a titan, the injection we saw might have removed some kind of "suppression" of titan transformation ability, so it's got a tentative (if still weak) sort of plausibility to it.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Mikasa's fighting ability comes from being commanded by eren. The unblockment of her phisycal abilities is more of an effect of the realization that the world is a cruel place, becoming a kind of merciless killer. Actually, in that scene, the emphasis is made on Mikasa's reflection, and not her being commanded blindly.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gvidalq View Post
    I don't think Mikasa's fighting ability comes from being commanded by eren. The unblockment of her phisycal abilities is more of an effect of the realization that the world is a cruel place, becoming a kind of merciless killer. Actually, in that scene, the emphasis is made on Mikasa's reflection, and not her being commanded blindly.
    Agreed. If Eren had willed her to attack, she would have just mindlessly done it. She realized that death was all around her and that her own death was a very real possibility unless she found the strength to fight. She basically snapped and went primal.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Mikasa could be a Titan shifter- if she was...GG
    Come on she is already a bad assssss!
    But no doubt she has a hidden special ability, like

Her brain goes over drive and she recieves mysterious new strength(She crushes a damn wooden knife, also when she runs she breaks the wooden floor).
    Also here:

In the anime her brain goes overdrive and dodges the titans attack(It dosen't really show it in the Manga, but we can still see she regains her will)
    But this is a bit strange here:

She falls from a good hieght and just jumps back up like nothings happened? Strange .... :l
    Unless that stalls roof was soft which it looks like, but still falling from that high and landing on a soft roof would still hurt, no?

Yeh... there is definitely something strange about Mikasa. She can gain a Strength boost and can regain her will :L She probz haz some sup3r ub3r n00b pwning ability

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4