Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My theory on how Naruto will beat Obito

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FourteenthAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory on how Naruto will beat Obito

Note this is just a theory but please here me out. I do have a sizable amount evidence here. This is probably how Naruto will end. I wrote this all on note so I will just copy and paste it here in this note. The following is probably dotted with grammatical errors so I deeply apologize in advance but I truly believe I am on to something here.

The Short Version

For those who aren't willing to listen to all what I have to say, Naruto will be given Sasuke's eyes in the event of his death at Obito's hands. He will beat Obito proving himself the sage's successor finally fulfilling the sage's dying wish. Proving that he final decision was indeed the right one after all.

The Theory

I know I may not be the most devout fan of the Naruto series but I have what I believed is a strong theories on how the battle with Obito may turn out. I came up with it not that long ago so bare with me for a bit and because it seems plausible enough. The theory is Naruto will acquire the Rinnegan (Samsara Eye, Rinne is the Japanese term for "Samsara" which is the cycle of reincarnation or birth in several Indian religions) through the death of Sasuke. This makes due to his sudden appearance on the battlefield. Both of them now want to become Hokage in order change the current state of the ninja world it all makes sense doesn't it? I know a few of you will say the Naruto and Sasuke won't have the supposed fated battle but the series was never truly about their rivalry. The series is actually about the Sage's final decision and the current battle with Naruto and Obito is been waged to prove whether his decision is the right one. I'll explain further.

The Evidence

Naruto and Obito

Naruto is his Tailed Beast Mode already very much resembles the Sage of the Sixth Paths and so too does Obito after he acquired the power of the Ten Tails. If didn't already Obito have many similarities with Naruto not unlike Naruto's past villains. Gaara, who not only a Jinchuuriki but also has murky past because of it. He and Naruto are essentially foils to one another. The trend continues with the likes of Pain, Obito, and yes even Saskue. However, if you closely at the husk that Obito now wears it doesn't look quite complete. While he certainly channels the Sage of the Sixth Paths he doesn't quite channel quite like Naruto in his Tailed Beast Mode. In his conversation with the other nine beasts, they all agree that Naruto channeled the Sage of the Sixth Paths and not only that they said he was a descendent of the Rikoudou Sennin possibly considering him as potential successor. Furthermore, the late Jiraiya prophesied by the Great Toad Sage to teach the so called Child of Prophecy who either bring peace to the world or destroy it. He initially believed Nagato was this mainly because he has the sage's eye but he later came to believe that it was Minato whom was Naruto's father soon he time came and he then believed that it was actually Naruto that the Child of Prophecy. It should be noted, Nagato was not a true bearer of the Rinnegan as his eyes were inplanted in him by Madara without his knowledge. As he was a descendent of the Uzumaki, he was perfect host for the dojustu. Nagato later remarked that his own powers pale comparison to that of the actual sage. Interestingly, each of the children was all once believed to be saviors of the world just like the Sage of Sixth Paths.

A False Messiah

Jiraiya had originally found the three; Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato under attack by chunin from the Village hidden in the Rocks. Nagato had "awakened" the Rinnegan in a rush to protect Yahiko. Afterwards was in distraught that he had killed the chunin, however Jiraiya cheered him saying the he believed that he would those eyes of his to bring about an era of peace. Shortly after their training under Jiraiya's tutelage, the three formed the Akatsuki in order bring about the peace Jiraiya spoke of. Nagato was later confronted by Obito. Obito taught Obito about his divine power and what he could do with it. Nagato's world view soon aligned with that of Obito when he witness the fate of his friend Yahiko at the hands of Danzo had collaborate with the organization Roots of the Leaf Village lead by the late Danzo to dispose of the Akatsuki. In his death believed him to the savior that Jiraiya spoke of. Yahiko entrusted Nagato with the world and he eventually become the enigma known simply as Pain.

The Tale of Two Brothers

In his last days, Sage of Sixth Paths appointed a sole successor out his two progeny. The eldest son inherited his sage's "eyes" and believed the power was the true way to peace. The youngest son inherited his sage's "body" and clung to the belief that love was a necessary in order to bring about peace. The Sage's dying wish was to establish an ever-lasting peace and sought to it the youngest son was to be his successor. As the story continued, the two fought a never-ending battle and the son's progeny eventually became known as the Senju and the Uchiha clans. It is believed by Obito that the brother's fight lived on in both Naruto and Sasuke however this is probably not the case. The fight is currently being waged between Obito and Naruto. Naruto if you recall hails from the Uzumaki Clan whom the Senju Clan are tied by blood. Furthermore, all whom hail from the Senju Clan are descendants of the Sage's youngest son. Obito as we all know is a member of the Uchiha Clan whom are all progenies of the Sage's eldest son.

The Third Hokage and Danzo

Danzo who lead the ANBU faction, Root, sought to create a better Leaf Village. Nagato sought to create a better world with the Akatsuki. Danzo's beliefs were much in line with that of eldest brother of the Sage. Nagato beliefs aligned with those of the eldest brother after Yahiko's death. He saw to that he was fit to rule unlike the Third and Fifth Hokage whose beliefs were in line with the youngest brother. As such Danzo and the Third had an intense rivalry much like the brothers of old. Danzo has access the Sharigan like how Nagato had access to the Rinnegan. He has the First Hokage's cells within him like how Madara also had through experimentation. The both sought to be the sage's successor. Sasuke later ended him who unbeknownst to him would carry on his legacy.

A Battle Between Ideologies

The Sage's Body

Naruto vows to the end the cycle of hatred that has plagued the ninja world for centuries and believes this only be achieved through peace. Minato entrusted Naruto with the duty of saving the ninja world. Jiraiya came believe that if the world were to end its cycle of hatred it would be Naruto's hands. This was a vowed he made to aforementioned Nagato who like I said was believed to be the sage's successor. Naruto was in disagreement with Nagato before his death as he believed he stray from the ideals of the master, Jiraiya. He power was the only way to peace much like the sage's eldest son. Naruto clung to his master's belief that peace was the only way. Before Nagato's demise, he too entrusted the world to him. I also forgot to mention that in his dying breath, the Sage of Six Paths told the nine beasts that someone would come to show them the ways. All nine beasts came to believe that this person was none other than yours truly, Naruto.

The Sage's "Eyes"

In his past, Obito was very much like Naruto and shared his wide-eyed idealism. The bulk of the Uchiha clan was prodigies, Obito at first was not then again neither was Naruto. He didn't even achieve the Sharingan until shortly before his untimely "death" and was the butt of everyone's jokes. He had rivalry between Kakashi who was prodigy really no different than Sasuke. He envied Kakashi's prodigious skill and sought to surpass him with hard work. Naruto envied Sasuke's prodigious skill and he also sought to surpass him through much larbor. While Kakashi's Sharingan was not his and was given to him by "late" Obito, both Sasuke and Kakashi processed the Sharigan. However his entire world-view changed when he saw the love of his love of his life his teammate Rin died at hands of Kakashi. Obito who had originally inherited the Will of Fire now was burdened his clan's cycle of hatred. After Obito had supposedly fallen in his team's battle with the Taiseki he was later awoke by the mug of none other than Madara Uchiha. Madara gave him a second chance at life by infusing with part of Hashirama's body that he had been secretly cloning. The same he and Danzo had done with themselves.

Obito Is Madara's Successor

In his past, Madara was close friends with Hashirama Senju despite not only the feud between their two families but they weren't similar in the slightest. Not unlike the friendship between Kakashi and Obito or more recently Naruto and Sasuke. Madara was very close to his younger brother Izuna and would do anything to protect him. Not unlike Obito's love for his former teammate Rin. His love for his brother eventually drove him to become the man he is today. He brother died amidst the families' never ending feud. Shortly before his death, Izuna gave his brother his own eyes as he entrusted him with the clan's future. This isn't too different to how Obito gave his own eyes to Kakashi entrusting him with Rin's future.
    Both Madara and Hashirama come to create the founding's for the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the place where both Obito and Naruto grew up. Madara wasn't the same after his brother's death and grew the bare the weight of his clan's hatred. He was jealous of the fact that while he brother had died Hashirama still had a brother. Obito was jealous that Rin was in love not with him but Kakashi. The two eventually parted way as they harbor two similar but very different ideologies. Obito grew hate Kakashi because he take the life of his one true love despite the fact not entirely his fault. As shown in the recent battle, Obito idealogy is much in line with that of Madara's while Kakashi places his bets on Naruto.
    Madara clung to belief that in order to make a better world one would need only power. Hashirama believed that the key to a brighter future was only peace. The two eventually feuded in a battle over their ideologies that left the very earth scarred a scar that became the Valley of the End. In many ways their battle channeled the very battle between the sons of the sage. After his battle he infused himself with portions of Hashirama's DNA allowing him to invoke the power of the sage's eyes. In his dying breath, Madara made Obito carry out will not unlike how the Sage in his dying breath passed on his will to his youngest son.

A World of Lies

Madara is seeking to bring about an era of peace which the Sage also wanted. However the Sage sought true peace while Madara seeks to bring about a false peace through the succession of the Moon Eye's Plan. With the power of the Ten Tails, he intends to use this power to cast on illusion upon the world robbing humanity of its God-given free will thus ending the cycle of hatred that has plagued the ninja world for centuries by force, by power. Obito, from the beginning, was never with Madara and saw him only means to an end. He sought to use the Moon's Eye Plan to create a world in which he could be with Rin. He with the help of the now pretty much defunct Akatsuki captured seven of the Jinchuuriki and extracted the Tailed Beast from them. While he did not capture the two remaining beasts he was able to capture at least the essence of them. So he never truly reunited all ten beasts even then he did so by force of will. The nine see Naruto as their sage's successor and did so by their own accord.

The Fate of the Ninja World

In Obito recent battle with Kakashi, Obito told Kakashi that he was Naruto's morals as deconstruct them as he too once aligned with Naruto belief. He wants show Naruto that his naivety of his beliefs and the power is the thing you trust in the world.

Inheriting Sasuke's Will

Sasuke is going to fall in battle much like how Izuna, "Obito", Rin, and Danzo had also fallen. Obito cared deeply for Rin. Madara was very protective of his younger brother, Izuna. Izuna had entrusted Madara with the fate of the Uchihas. Obito had entrusted Kakashi with Rin's life. Yahiko entrusted Nagato he believe he was the savior Jiraya spoke of. Sasuke who had unknowingly carried on Danzo's will. Nagato will later believing Naruto to the true savior to carry on Yahiko's will. Minato had entrusted Naruto with the task of saving the world. The Tailed Beast entrusting Naruto with showing them the way. Neji who I forgot to mention once before their fight in the Chunin Exam who had laughed at Naruto's idealism had fallen at the hands of Obito. Obito sought to use his death to break Naruto's resolve. He died believing in Naruto. Itachi, Sasuke's Brother, also believed in Naruto and successfully put Sasuke on the right path before his death.

That path was in fact to help Naruto become the Hokage he was also meant to be. Sasuke will die at the hands of Obito entrusting Naruto with the role of Hokage believing him to be the bridge the world has need for long. Sasuke will give him his eyes. Naruto will use his eyes with Sakura's help so that they could both see the future they both longed for. This is unlike how Obito gave up his eyes to help Kakashi protect Rin.

The Sage of the Sixth Paths Live On

Rinnegan will awaken for Naruto as he the sage's true successor. Rinne means Samasara a term for reincarnation or rebirth. Naruto with Sasuke's eyes will lead the way to a era of love of peace. Obito has only awakened the power of the Rinnengan artificially as he not only has Madara's eye but part of Hashirama's clone body. While Naruto in Bijuu Mode look shockingly similar to the Sage of Six Path, Obito while he also channels the likeness of the sage his current form make appears to be only a mere imitation essentially a false messiah. While Obito and Naruto are essentially one of the same, Obito was never meant the sage's successor as he is selfish as he does not want to create utopia for everyone. He only wants a utopia for himself. Naruto is wants to create a world in which everyone can live in peace.
    Just like how the Sage of Sixth Path united a world of endless war, Naruto will help salvage the world after centuries of war. Just like the the Sage of Sixth Path separated the Ten Tails into nine separate beings in order to save the world, Naruto will free the Tail Beasts from Obito and save the world. Naruto will save the Ninja World just as prophesied and become the new Sage of the Six Paths.
    Last edited by FourteenthAngel; August 06, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Naruto Beat Obito

It's an interesting theory...and I see it both ways...Sasuke or Sakura dying would give Naruto the motivation to somehow get a new power-up and go all ichigo vs aizen on obito's ass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theory - The only thing I am unsure is what will happen with the Bijuus. The Narutoverse cannot be trusted with those Bijuus. Thy will have to be dispelled somehow or sealed in away where once Naruto grows old and dies, they cannot be used or accessed by anyone else. If not you will be back to all of these.

There is also the issue of war. Naruto will not be able to stop people building powerful jutsus or weapons for that sake..there needs to be a fundamental change in thinking/mentality for the Narutoverso to not end up where it is today.

I put forward that maybe it is better for both Naruto and Sasuke to rule together as brothers almost...as it was meant to be
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see Sasuke dying. No way in hell. That's where your theory ends for me. A conflict between Naruto and Sasuke has been well established already.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see Naruto having a relation with ocular powers whatsoever. It's just not in his character.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Senegal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I just don't see Naruto having a relation with ocular powers whatsoever. It's just not in his character.
    agree. better for naruto to move his sm into more godly level than those weird eyes.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dundi5 View Post
    agree. better for naruto to move his sm into more godly level than those weird eyes.
    That's how it probably will go down, if Kishi has any sense for good storytelling left. Rather than succeeding the Sage with his eyes, he will most likely succeed in proving Sage's decision for choosing the younger brother with the power of body and love right.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see where you guys are coming from but I don't think the story was truly about Naruto and Sasuke at all but of Naruto and Obito. If Naruto and Sasuke were to fight their will have to some narrative purpose for it all and I just don't see it at this point in the story. They could fight to become Hokage or whatever but then only of them can Hokage, right? Sasuke was never "evil" he was simply lead astray and now that he back on the path of righteousness it would not make sense for them to have their so called fated duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's how it probably will go down, if Kishi has any sense for good storytelling left. Rather than succeeding the Sage with his eyes, he will most likely succeed in proving Sage's decision for choosing the younger brother with the power of body and love right.
    That is other option as it is certainly plausible and actually serve a narrative purpose and if Kishi has any thread to decent writing left in him then he only has so few options.
    Last edited by FourteenthAngel; August 05, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FourteenthAngel View Post
    I see where you guys are coming from but I don't think the story was truly about Naruto and Sasuke at all but of Naruto and Obito. If Naruto and Sasuke were to fight their will have to some narrative purpose for it all and I just don't see it at this point in the story. They could fight to become Hokage or whatever but then only of them can Hokage, right? Sasuke was never "evil" he was simply lead astray and now that he back on the path of righteousness it would not make sense for them to have their so called fated duel.

That is other option as it is certainly plausible and actually serve a narrative purpose and if Kishi has any thread to decent writing left in him then he only has so few options.
    He is not. Kishimoto foreshadowed that Sasuke chose a different path. One that is probably evil. He's just playing along because he and Naruto have a common enemy: Obito. After he's killed/defeated, Sasuke's plan will unfold and he'll clash with Naruto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense as Sasuke want to right the Leaf Village's wrongs but I don't his as "evil" as some people believe. It is true they both share a common enemy but by having their battle Kishi will be prolong this current arc way longer than it needs to be.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun
    He is not. Kishimoto foreshadowed that Sasuke chose a different path. One that is probably evil. He's just playing along because he and Naruto have a common enemy: Obito. After he's killed/defeated, Sasuke's plan will unfold and he'll clash with Naruto.
    Just because it's a different path doesn't mean it's the path of evil. They will fight each other, but not because one is evil and the other is good. It'll be a clash of "which one of us is better for the future of Konoha?"

As for Naruto surpassing the Sage, he can, and likely will... but not in the way others think. He'll never match Rikudou Sennin's spiritual power, because he can't do that without the Rinnegan. He can match his physical power thanks to the Bijuu, but even then he would need the 10 tails to do it. I still believe that Sasuke will gain the Rinnegan inorder to represent the full spiritual power of Rikudou Sennin, while Naruto will get the other half of Kurama's chakra to represent the full physical power of Rikudou Sennin. Whatever it takes to defeat Obito will require both Naruto and Sasuke. Not Naruto alone.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Just because it's a different path doesn't mean it's the path of evil. They will fight each other, but not because one is evil and the other is good. It'll be a clash of "which one of us is better for the future of Konoha?"

As for Naruto surpassing the Sage, he can, and likely will... but not in the way others think. He'll never match Rikudou Sennin's spiritual power, because he can't do that without the Rinnegan. He can match his physical power thanks to the Bijuu, but even then he would need the 10 tails to do it. I still believe that Sasuke will gain the Rinnegan inorder to represent the full spiritual power of Rikudou Sennin, while Naruto will get the other half of Kurama's chakra to represent the full physical power of Rikudou Sennin. Whatever it takes to defeat Obito will require both Naruto and Sasuke. Not Naruto alone.
    I think that the only way for Naruto to surpass the sage he will need both the sage's body and the sage's eyes and only then will he be sage's true successor. As he would have both, he would be better suited to bring about a change in the ninja world. For one technically Naruto will not be "alone" that and Naruto will save the world just how the Sage did long ago.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree. For one, Madara didn't awaken the Rinnegan until his death. That was many, many years after his fight with Hashirama.

Second, it wasn't just Senju DNA that let his EMS transform into the Rinnegan, but specifically Hashirama's DNA. His DNA is far and away superior to any other Senju. I highly doubt that he's gonna inject some of Hashirama's DNA into his body and then wait about a decade or more to transform his eyes into Rinnegan. Nagato didn't have to wait for the transformation, but that's only because Madara had already transformed his eyes into Rinnegan before transplanting them in Nagato. So Naruto would need a transplant of already formed Rinnegan in order to gain the Rinnegan... or he would need to wait either years for it to take hold of Sasuke's EMS and change them, or potentially just experience a near-death experience mid fight while he has Sasuke's eyes.

I don't expect any of this to happen. I expect Sasuke to sacrifice himself to save Naruto like they did against Haku, only for his Rinnegan to manifest before he dies thanks to the White Zetsu that used to hide inside his body (they're made from Hashirama's DNA). Then he'll regenerate somehow, potentially with Sakura's help or Orochimaru's arrival. Then, he and Naruto will take on Obito, or Madara, or both.

There's a reason that Kishimoto has shown Sasuke and Naruto match their chakra perfectly in two different attacks. It's foreshadowing. They're going to use a tandem Banbutsu Souzou. That's my bet. He'll surpass the Sage by succeeding where the Sage hasn't. By creating a true, everlasting peace.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not like if Naruto had Sasuke's eyes they wouldn't awaken the Rinnegan. Also all the requirements needed to wield the power of the Rinnegan, Naruto has met. He has the blood of the Senju. All he needs now is the Sage's eyes. There are three people alive that give him those eyes. It is unlikely that Obito and Madara will give to him. Sasuke wouldn't unless he was dying himself. By Sasuke giving Naruto his eyes, Naruto will also be given the power necessary to beat the now seemingly overpowered Obito. In that battle, the winner will prove whether the sage's decision was the right one. With the power of the Sage, he will use the Banbutsu Sōzōto defeat Obito proving once and for all that the sage's decision was a righteous one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the consideration if Naruto dies, Sasuke implants some of his DNA into him to awaken a Rinnegan. THEN USE THAT TO TRY STOP Obito! Like a replay of what Madara did to Hashirama.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast