Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Team 10 (Gin Ichimaru, Lisa Yadōmaru, Yumichika Ayasegawa)

The results are hidden 0%
  • Team 13 (Love Aikawa, Sajin Komamura, Orihime Inoue)

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed

Thread: Bleach Tournament Semi Finals: Team 10 vs Team 13

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Semi Finals: Team 10 vs Team 13

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

SEMI FINALS

Welcome to the Semi Finals of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 10
    TEAM 13

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Semi Finals: Team 10 vs Team 13

I'm pretty sure Gin can handle Komamura and Love with his bankai. His one-shot kill technique and his sword's speed makes him perfect enemy for Komamura (brute strength vs speed). Yumichika has hax shikai technique that can suck away target's reiatsu. It's enough to take on Inoue or at least make her occupied. We've never seen Love's Bankai. Based on feats, Lisa is pretty damn fast in her Shikai. Love, on the other hand, has that big club, that packs a punch. We have 2 fighters who rely on speed against 2, that rely on brute force. And that speed with one-shot kill technique of Gin's makes team 10 win.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm,love is clearly stronger than Lisa,but gin was said to be a genious,whereas sajin wasn't. In a fight 1 vs1, gin should take it,and quite quickly according to his speed. Inoue might even be able to defeat yumichika, but gin would defeat both her and love then. Speed is the strongest ability in my opinion,even above intelligence...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Although in terms of sheer raw power Team 13 exceeds Team 10 by some decent margin, I don't see that as enough to overcome the fact that among Team 13 there doesn't appear to be any individual particularly suited to handle Gin's bankai. Add that to Gin's respectable teammates who are equipped for different styles of combat, and I don't see Team 13 taking this. I'm going for Team 10 on this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing how well Gin handled Ichigo who was going all out on him, he can deal with either Love or Komamura with little effort. The rest is easy. Orihime can be taken down by anyone in Team 10. They win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 10 wins
    Gin and Lisa are more balanced duo as compared to two power houses Love and Komamaru.
    Komamaru is powerful but slow, Gin can take him down and then go on to help lisa finish off Love
    Orihim can deflect attack and block etc but Yumichika has a unique ability that may come in handy.
    So yah team 10 wins

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    Komamaru is powerful but slow
    Again with this old concept, with no evidence to back it up at all, that Komamura is slow (or slower than the other captains). This has never been shown and probably never will be.

That (annoyance) aside, you are right that Team 10 will probably win this.

Gin's bankai, as I have stated many times in this tournament, is ideal for these team fights. This is due to the shear speed it has, which enables him to be able to fight with one person and still have the ability to snipe anyone the other side of the battlefield, if they are not careful. His poison ability may be able to be rejected by Orihime, but she is not likely to last long against any of the other team, without support.
    This forces both Love and Komamura into a desperate situation where they have to be constantly vigilant against Gin's bankai (even if not fighting him), whilst trying to fight their opponent and protect Orihime all at the same time... If Orihime dies, Gin's bankai only needs to scratch them.
    Only if they can kill off Gin can they relax their protection of Orihime.

Then we have Lisa, who has shown she can defend herself more than adequately. I doubt she will be able to block a swing of Komamura's bankai, but she can probably tank a swing from Love's shikai.

Yumicha's shikai ability is quite deadly, but I doubt it will win against either of the captains.

So this fight, in my mind, comes down to if Gin can be taken out. If not, then team 13 lose (too many things to worry about when fighting). If yes, then they win - Lisa is strong, but will, probably, lose to either captain in the end - and Yumicha will not survive long either if they can put their full attention to him.

As Gin is good at dodging, has good tactical awareness and is insanely skilled - I am going to give the win to team 10.
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gins bankai is only been shown to work the poison by calling its command. Then on top of it he touched Aizen in the spot he left the piece of his sword. Does this mean he has to touch his opponents and call the command? Its not clear but I think it may be the case. I have always thought it over and can see no other reason why he touched Aizen there.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Gins bankai is only been shown to work the poison by calling its command. Then on top of it he touched Aizen in the spot he left the piece of his sword. Does this mean he has to touch his opponents and call the command? Its not clear but I think it may be the case. I have always thought it over and can see no other reason why he touched Aizen there.
    I believe that he did that so that he could quickly grab the Hougyoku. He knew that his poison wouldn't destroy the Hougyoku, and probably expected Aizen to regenerate from the Hougyoku.
    Therefore, I doubt he needs to touch people for the bankai to take effect, but rather it enabled him to quickly try and end Aizen (and steal the thing that would make him regenerate).
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin literally touched where he stabbed Aizen and the piece broke off. He wasn't aiming to have reach to the hog'. He said "Im the only one that can kill you". So he was confident Aizen would die from his attack. Why would he expect him to regenerate if he said "you'll die with a hole in your chest"? Imo he has to touch where the blade left its broken piece and call the command phrase "kill ('em), kamashini no yari" as shown in chapter 414. Gin also believed it was over so that furthers my belief he had no worries about the hog' regenerating him, since he would kill him and take the hog'.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 07, 2013 at 04:02 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Gin literally touched where he stabbed Aizen and the piece broke off. He wasn't aiming to have reach to the hog'. He said "Im the only one that can kill you". So he was confident Aizen would die from his attack. Why would he expect him to regenerate if he said "you'll die with a hole in your chest"? Imo he has to touch where the blade left its broken piece and call the command phrase "kill ('em), kamashini no yari" as shown in chapter 414. Gin also believed it was over so that furthers my belief he had no worries about the hog' regenerating him, since he would kill him and take the hog'.
    It's also a matter of control. I mean, Aizen was a control freak. Anything that wasn't in his control or understanding pissed him off. Showing Aizen that he was being played, explaining it to him, and showing how helpless he was (just like when Aizen touched Ichigo's chest) could shatter Aizen's thinking. And it did, he was screaming in agony, he was pitiful. Hogyoku saved him. He disregarded everything that happened, went back to cocky attitude saying how awesome Hogyoku is.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 10 is more balanced. Gin's bankai can easily tag bankai Ichigo, Komamura is a walking target. Gin should poke him full of holes easily. Lisa could fight halibel for a short time in CQC. The same halibel who in base smacked hitsugaya around easily in terms of cqc. She could atleast stall komamura for a while while gin ends this. Lisa could also go after love for a while together with yumicka to stall him for a while. While gin oneshots komamura. Once koma is down they go after love.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Team 10 (Gin Ichimaru, Lisa Yadōmaru, Yumichika Ayasegawa) : 16
    Team 13 (Love Aikawa, Sajin Komamura, Orihime Inoue) : 7

Team 10 advances to the final.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed