Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The other deadly sins?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The other deadly sins?

So we've already met a few of them on the journey already, but when do you expect to meet the other three? Do you think we'll be formally introduced to them soon? Also, who do you think will be the last one to join (or maybe not join) the team? Also, who do you think will correspond to the remaining sins?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The other deadly sins?

Well the only other Sin confirmed with a name is Merlin so I'm guessing she is the next Sin to join, as she and king were the only other ones revealed seeing as King already joined... That and she is the only other Sin we have vague clue about since she had a few speaking lines.

As for her sin likely lust, probably a lust for knowledge given that she is named after a magician. Course pride is another possibility, as it is an easily attributable sin to a woman and magic users are usually prideful types.
    Last edited by Hamy; September 04, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you wish to know the names of the sins:

Not sure if this picture is from the one-shot or declined page but found on the wiki.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

We know their names (or part of them) since the first chapter. That is the poster hanged in the Board Hat. It's shown in the first arc, and detailed here.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireRogue View Post
    If you wish to know the names of the sins:

Not sure if this picture is from the one-shot or declined page but found on the wiki.

That page is from the manga I believe. As for the earliest reveal I'd say it was chapter 2 with Elizabeth. In any event my vote for now goes to Merlin~

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    That page is from the manga I believe. As for the earliest reveal I'd say it was chapter 2 with Elizabeth. In any event my vote for now goes to Merlin~
    Nope. It'd better if you read the previous post before posting. The earliest reveal was in chapter 1; it's in he post I wrote before than yours.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So little informations about them that we can't speculate too much, but I have to agree about Merlin even though I'd like that she weren't magician, too obvious for her name. Neither the poster we can confide, his drawings isn't accurate, see Meliodas. XD
    I have the feeling that Merlin can be younger than seems.
    There is this post in the wikia, I guess it a extra of the volume or something.
    My bet is: Merlin as Sin of Lust, Escanor as Sin of Pride and Gowther as Sin of Gluttony.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG][/IMG]

From left to right

2 man and 1 woman with a wand is this the remaining SINS?

Spoiler show

2nd panel is like an eye?

3nd panel for next to the 3 is Hendriksen?

4th is King

5th is Geera?

6th is Gilthunder

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Which chapter is it? I should see the context of the whole page to opine.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Which chapter is it? I should see the context of the whole page to opine.
    http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereadi...erver=nas.html

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In the first panel I agree that there is two man, but I'm not centain if there is a women. I guess they are just normal soldiers.

Third and Fifth panel intrigue me more, they seem like more Escanor and Merlin respectively, but can be the ones you told, too. Hard to take conclusions.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nope. It'd better if you read the previous post before posting. The earliest reveal was in chapter 1; it's in he post I wrote before than yours.
    I was talking about the full name if you read the post correctly. I'm aware of the first chapter but as I said prior to the 2nd chapter that the names were cut off, only completely detailed on the manga release page as posted by two people above, otherwise the only other names we could discern was from chapter 2 - namely King, Merlin, and Ban (and immediately reflected on the wiki pages before the manga release). Seeing as the 2 named characters from that chapter already joined in addition to the author's obvious taste for fanservice she's a likely candidate, we have no woman fulfilling the mature beauty role yet :P.

On the topic of the other Sins does anyone think that there might be more non-human Sins? King is a Fairy, Diane a Giant, and Melodias is related to something demonic. Ban is human if you want to consider him as one after drinking. Gowther I think is likely not human seeing as we don't know how Gowther looks, and likely is trying to hide that. Escanor is likely human I would say and Merlin possibly Human unless she turns out to be some sort of Elf.
    Last edited by Hamy; September 05, 2013 at 03:43 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Escanor is more like a tactician from the wanted posters

Merlin is like on king Arthur's story as a wizard but in the wanted poster she's a woman but maybe a cross dresser hahahahaha

it will be funny if Gowther is a woman hahahahah that's why she hides the face because of her masculinity and because she's a woman with big muscles she hides her face hahahahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    I was talking about the full name if you read the post correctly. I'm aware of the first chapter but as I said prior to the 2nd chapter that the names were cut off, only completely detailed on the manga release page as posted by two people above, otherwise the only other names we could discern was from chapter 2 - namely King, Merlin, and Ban (and immediately reflected on the wiki pages before the manga release). Seeing as the 2 named characters from that chapter already joined in addition to the author's obvious taste for fanservice she's a likely candidate, we have no woman fulfilling the mature beauty role yet :P.

On the topic of the other Sins does anyone think that there might be more non-human Sins? King is a Fairy, Diane a Giant, and Melodias is related to something demonic. Ban is human if you want to consider him as one after drinking. Gowther I think is likely not human seeing as we don't know how Gowther looks, and likely is trying to hide that. Escanor is likely human I would say and Merlin possibly Human unless she turns out to be some sort of Elf.
    We were talking about the full names, (that's why I wrote "part of the names" are in that page from the first chapter). Later you wrote about the earliest reveal and, since a reveal is a reveal no matter if its the reveal of part of a name or the reveal of full names. So talking about the earliest reveal that happens in the first chapter, btw entitled "the seven sins".

I agree Merlin will be the sin of lust and a mature beauty role. The panel posted by kidopitz 27 shows a woman with roses, lipstick and a dress with lace, which would be very appropriate details for a lustful lady.

Anyway, I have been wondering about the association of the protagonist with the seven Christian sins: Meliodas has schown some little actions that you could associate with wrath, but it's not a clear example of irritability, and the same happens with the others. Will there be some meaning of their nick names still to be revealed?

About the other sins I wonder very much if it's true that one of them betrayed the others, back with the Holly King was killed.
    Last edited by ukimix; September 05, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i think Escanor is more like a tactician from the wanted posters

Merlin is like on king Arthur's story as a wizard but in the wanted poster she's a woman but maybe a cross dresser hahahahaha

it will be funny if Gowther is a woman hahahahah that's why she hides the face because of her masculinity and because she's a woman with big muscles she hides her face hahahahaha
    A cross dresser suits very well with the sin of lust. hahahaha
    About Growther it would be interesting and funny. XD

We can say that their nicknames has relation with their pasts and we don't know about the past of them, only a bit of Meliodas. Until then we thought that he was the sin of wrath because he destroyed a entire kingdom because of this, but aparently this wasn't his job.
    Also there is a tabu in talk about their pasts between the sins, so I guess still will take a time to know more about their stories and their relation with the sins.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast