Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

If there was a jagged edge poking out of the crystal Annie hastily surrounded herself with, that small part of it could have been structurally weak enough to break apart from the rest. I don't think she was taking her time and making the most perfect cocoon she could for herself, you know?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Themistocles's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Annie can break out of her own crystal.

Because if so, they're defenses aren't the going to stop her. I wonder if she becomes like the Titans in wall being dormat and all that, or if she is conscious

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I don't know if she can do it herself, or if only other titans can. Maybe exposure to sunlight makes a difference?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hm. Questions, questions that need answering.

maybe the Scouting Corps returns to find Annie gone and the place in a wreak, or she is still there trapped, and helpless to escape, but unable to be questioned at least.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd post here even though it was a point kkck raised in the other thread (Potential Leak Thread.) This concerns the number of Titans in the Walls.

Below are a few images I hastily found on the Internet:
    Spoiler show

I'm going make a very rough estimate on the number of Titans inside.

Assuming they're all filled with 50m class all standing next to each other (I trust Armin on that...!) :
    50m class is about 25 times larger than an adult human.
    One adult standing next to another takes up about 1m in length.
    So two 50m class takes up 25m in length.
    Diameter of Wall Maria = 480km, so Wall Maria Circumference ≒ 3000km
    That means 240 000 50m class Titans are inside Wall Maria ALONE. Holy Moly..................

Wall Rose has 95 000.

Wall Sina has 63 000.

This is a very rough estimate, you can expect 25%~50% error depending on how spread they're standing. But even with 50% less, it doesn't matter --- I don't think I've ever said "it doesn't matter" and actually mean it with all my heart in my life, ever.

Oh aaaand by the way, I have NOT included the Protruding Walls (such as Trost.) A very rough guesstimate from the picture would be about 3 x 50 000, with is 150 000. But the picture specifically states it's not drawn to scale, so I'll just leave this out.

The total number of Wall Titans ≒ 398 000 (~400 000, which is ~half a million, without the Protruding Districts.)

Population of Tokyo is about 13 million. Population of London (UK) is about 8 mil. Cape Town is about 3 mil. Baghdad, St Petersburg, Singapore, and Santiago each have 5 mil.

Keep in mind, as far as we know, the current setting of SnK is relatively 'old' and 'undeveloped,' meaning cities are usually less dense and less populated.

Population of London (England) in the 18th Century: 750 000 (source: http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/stati...-of-london.jsp)
    Bear in mind, London is a capital city.

Meaning, half a million = population of one whole city (small, half of London of the 18th Century)

Quarter of a million = population of one smaller city (or a town maybe? in case there's a 100% error in my estimation.)

Anyways, this is only based on the assumption that the Walls are ALL FILLED with 50m class.
    Last edited by Utsune; August 15, 2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added more references

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting! One little thing: the estimates on titans in the three walls adds up to ~398,000 + the ~150,000 for the protruding areas.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Half a million 50m titans?
    Well, time to bring on the final solution:
    Spoiler show
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Very interesting! One little thing: the estimates on titans in the three walls adds up to ~398,000 + the ~150,000 for the protruding areas.
    Lololol Whoops, changed it now.

Still doesn't change the seriousness of the situation (what Armin probably knows 'cos he's so witty,) which is what makes this even more scary.........

Edit:
    @Brother Coa
    Oh my word XD We really need that to kill them all off....... probably still wouldn't be enough...

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Just a slight update, added population reference to London (England) of the 18th Century, which is a capital city (pop~ 750 000, so pop of Titan = half of 18th Century London)

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Why iyo they need to kill them? They are standing the walls and protect humanity from the "outworld", probably they are the "good guys" and maybe a population sacrificed to save the humanity itself.

However I hope this will lead NOT to an Isayama big plot hole, he's japanese, he's intelligent, maybe a genious and he planned this walls story very carefully.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah teioh, funny you should mention, "Why kill them? " It's a good point, you've made me think about the contradiction/irony Armin talks about at a deeper level (probably what Armin originally intends to suggest.)

Do we kill them? They're man-eating Titans(!) But they're also protecting the people.
    What if you tell the civilians within the Walls? How will they react? What will they do? How will they feel? Put yourself in their place for a second:
    If you're just a normal person living within the Walls, then suddenly they tell you all the Walls have massive Titans in them, what would you do? How would you feel?

I don't think a mass suicide is out of question, and I don't think there won't be sly people trying to use this havoc to loot and commit other crimes.
    Basically, it will be a mess, humanity within the Walls will eventually destroy themselves, very quickly.

Of course, the Wall Cult sees this. This by itself is good intention, but no doubt the Wall Cult is hiding many other things so I wouldn't give them credit just yet.

And also, the reason I calculate the number of Titans in the Walls is because I want to raise these points:
    1) Did somebody convert a whole town/small city into 50m class Titans? (Are they forced? like they are in FMA lol when they all get transformed into something they don't want to be over one night. OR are they all desiring the same thing, to protect a specific group of people? OR are they just slaves/poor people doing what they're told?)
    2) So they're able to correctly transform into the type of Titan that they want? (Different methods transform you into different types of Titan? Or can you freely access whichever size you want?)

Food for thought!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well poop. Sucks for humanity within the walls at any rate.

Honestly, until further information is release: Don't let the system fail, don't let the system fail!

pretty grim/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SarcasticIndeed's Avatar
    Country
    Montenegro
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't bother to find the manga page right now, but did anyone notice how the Wall Cultists were standing during their session (prayer?) before Annie's female titan fell on their church and killed them all? As I remember, humans were standing in a circle (to represent the wall) and they interlocked their arms as if they were parts of a chain link. I wonder if this represents what the pose of the Colossal titans in the walls is?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Below are a few images I hastily found on the Internet:
    Spoiler show

*Manga readers only*:
    Spoiler show
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SarcasticIndeed's Avatar
    Country
    Montenegro
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticIndeed View Post
    I can't bother to find the manga page right now, but did anyone notice how the Wall Cultists were standing during their session (prayer?) before Annie's female titan fell on their church and killed them all? As I remember, humans were standing in a circle (to represent the wall) and they interlocked their arms as if they were parts of a chain link. I wonder if this represents what the pose of the Colossal titans in the walls is?
    Found it: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/33/5 We can see the cultists' hands are interlocked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Buy buy Titans....
    Do you wrote it on purpose or did you want to mean "bye bye"? I ask you because it happens a lot of times with me, almost everytime I want to say "unless" I write "at least", ; same with "realize", I change it to "release", I usually edit my post a lot because of fail grammar . My point is I guess english is not your main language (me too btw) ... .
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast